AFLW West Coast Women 2022 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

272104386_6777650265642768_3069704823097617966_n.jpg

So they will be over East indefinitely now?

Quite a few won't be able to stay beyond the first week of Feb you would think.

:sadv1:

So they will be over East indefinitely now?

Quite a few won't be able to stay beyond the first week of Feb you would think.

:sadv1:

They'd be justified to stand out for the season imo

They don't get paid well enough for it to be expected of them to be away from their families and jobs for that long.

Comes down to how much they just love and wanna play footy.

Definitely not worth it financially and it's a fair old sacrificice if you're giving up your income, but if you want to be trailblazers and you're building the professional side of womans footy from the ground up, you're passioanate about the game and what you're doing, you'd just do it.

At least if you're 18-30. If you're one of our older players above that (Caufield), i'd probably just be saying get stuffed.

Last edited:

Vice-captain Dana Hooker says West Coast will focus on group connectivity and stopping opponents’ momentum before facing one of the most experienced sides in the competition – the Adelaide Crows – on Saturday at the Swinburne Centre.

To be fair he wants to talk about footy, not what they are wearing.
Which is fair, but it’s a shocking turn of phrase and has been predictably seized upon. Horrible PR for the club which could have been avoided if they owned this issue earlier in the week and made a statement, not just ignored it, hoped it went away and threw out the occasional Cotton On sponsored post to try and appease people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saturday, January 22​

West Coast v Adelaide at the Swinburne Centre, 12.40pm AEDT

WEST COAST

B: A.Hill 16 E.Gooch 31
HB: A.Gilmore 22 A.Ward 33 A.McCarthy 11
C: M.Collier 8 K.Gibson 2 M.Bowen 1
HF: S.McDonald 35 A.Schmidt 7 N.Kelly 12
F: S.Lakay 23 M.Caulfield 10
Foll: P.Laurie 25 H.Bullas 24 D.Hooker - C 17
I/C: C.Thomas 3 C.Guard 4 I.Lewis 6 G.Kelly 15 B.Smith 14

Emerg: C.Rowley 5 T.Bresland 20

In: A.Hill, S.McDonald, S.Lakay, H.Bullas
Out: T.Bresland (Omitted), L.Gauci (Omitted), E.Swanson (Suspension), A.Atkins (HS Protocol)

I don’t like how every site seems to be hiding who was dropped.

I'm genuinely curious to see who the club felt needed to make way (other than Swanson) this week.

Cant find it anywhere.
🤔

Out: T.Bresland (Omitted), L.Gauci (Omitted),

"I think we've done the Pride stuff to death to be honest..."

Prior, West Coast Eagles AFLW Coach.

A pregnancy announcement that went bad...REALLY bad

Yikes, would hate to meet Ochre in a dark alley if i was this bloke. Doubling down hard.

Media department got a real workout today

TL;dr comments taken out of context. Sick of talking about why the club didn't have a jumper, not that the club does t support LGBTQIA+

Remove this Banner Ad

Back