AFLW West Coast Womens Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sedge will be back next week (missing derby) which is great that her injury is minor. Schilling not too far off either

Not AFLW related however

Not AFLW related however

Then it will only leave Perth to join in 2024 or shortly there after.

It will be a very long time before I expect to see an Eagles WAFLW team.

Not AFLW related however

Yep, like we've been discussing, there's going to be so many kids coming through in the next few years, and there's not enough space right now. I reckon there might already be a little frustration from Eagles and Dockers talent scouts directed at WAFLW coaches saying how they'd love to see more of the kids getting senior games (Bec Anderson's dominated Claremont's Rogers Cup scoring but can't get a game for their senior team). So increase the number of teams, spread the senior talent out and force the coaches to play more kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BLOOD THE YOUNGENS! I'm all about it. will be interesting to see who gets thrown back with Sedge out. surprised Bennett kept her spot, i reckon E.Smith should have taken on the challenge.

Loving the fun that the team seem to be having with debutants. New blood just seems to lift everyone.

Nice to see no credits in the bank with our team

Credits appear to have ended once Guard FINALLY got dropped.

I do however think the club gives Cameron a bit too long to find form.

She's averaging 3.7 disposals (career low), 1.7M (career low), 1.7T (career low), 20 AFL fantasy points (career low) and kicked 1 goal from her 3 games.

Credits appear to have ended once Guard FINALLY got dropped.

I do however think the club gives Cameron a bit too long to find form.

She's averaging 3.7 disposals (career low), 1.7M (career low), 1.7T (career low), 20 AFL fantasy points (career low) and kicked 1 goal from her 3 games.
I hear you, but I think that's a "who can we replace her with" kind of scenario at the moment....

I hear you, but I think that's a "who can we replace her with" kind of scenario at the moment....
At a Freo v WCE scrimmage this morning

Petrevski isnā€™t pushing the door down tbh

Ella Smith probably closer

Hayley Bullas probably done at AFLW level

At a Freo v WCE scrimmage this morning

Petrevski isnā€™t pushing the door down tbh

Ella Smith probably closer

Hayley Bullas probably done at AFLW level
We need to Tank to secure Georgie C. To rectify this issue. That being said, hopefully even if Freo do have pick one they go for speed mids as they seem to have forward targets already šŸ˜¬

Of course, there's a chance the Dockers would take Srhoj instead of Cleaver with the 1st pick. They've got a good ruck in Strom, and a good tall forward in Tighe, and another good developing forward in Franklin. What they've lost is their trademark run through the midfield, Eb Antonio will be back, but Cain and Houghton are gone and they desperately need more speed. Srhoj will give them that immediately, while Cleaver will be backup behind more experienced players whether she plays forward or ruck.

Srhoj would be great for us, but Cleaver would be better. Then again, Henry's turning into a Kirsty Lamb type, only much bigger (176cm) and with better disposal. Ball-winning inside mid is the one spot where you don't need to be all that fast (Prespakis gets away with it too), the Eagles might even prefer Henry if we have to pick second.

The rest, I don't reckon there's anyone as impressive as the top ten in the 2024 draft, but WAFLW season will be interesting to see who emerges. Raison is good and strong but slow, probably Dodd's the one I like best -- small but strong, fast, smart. Rosie Anderson's a phenomenal athlete at 175cm, but I've been informed (ahem) by people on this board that her head's not in it. If that changes, she could be anything.
Assuming draft stocks are pretty shallow for 2023, who do we try to entice from other teams to best take advantage of our picks after the top talent is selected?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back