AFLW West Coast Womens Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I have indeed seen that.

Is anyone able to post entire report?
AFLW players will retain extra power to move clubs next year following an AFL decision which means all contracts already signed for season eight must be confirmed again come the sign and trade period.
Ahead of the just-completed season seven, players could sign either one or two-year deals with their AFLW clubs. All players on one-year deals are necessarily out-of-contract at year’s end, however the AFL this week told clubs that players who signed two-year deals would also need to recommit come the 2023 pre-season sign and trade window.

In effect it means that players who had previously signed for season eight can no longer strictly be held to their contracts, and could move via a trade or any player movement concessions the AFL decides to introduce.

The move is understood to have frustrated some club figures, who feel as though it has shifted the goalposts around list management.

But the AFL is not expecting the same sort of player movement witnessed earlier this year, when the market was skewed by the addition of four expansion clubs.

The situation is complicated by the fact the AFLW collective bargaining agreement, signed in May, is set to expire.

The league and AFL Players Association have been in discussions around a new joint agreement including both male and female players.

Club delegates are due to meet early in the new year as negotiations ramp up.

The AFLPA’s stated aim is for all AFLW players to be full-time professionals by 2026.

However AFL women’s chief Nicole Livingstone said last month on SEN the AFL needed to be cautious around introducing full-time contracts for female players.

“I want to take a different take on it actually, because we talk about them (AFLW players) having other jobs like it is a shame, it’s not a shame and in fact, I think the AFL men’s program could learn a lot from the way the AFLW is operating,” Livingstone said.

“My language is more around them being year-round athletes. So right now, we are in six-month contracts. I think that’s the next phase – to have them in an off-season period and they are actually training and they’re on a contract to train in that off period as well.

“I still want them to be able to work and to be able to play football because if you’re 100 per cent on footy, or Olympic sports, Olympic sports has cottoned on to this a while ago, it’s actually not good for you as an athlete.

“It is too consuming, too pressure packed.

“It’s more about being year-round, they’re already professional heart, soul and mind in what they’re doing it‘s about how do we now allow them to thrive in both areas.”

Thank you Keys

Is CODE worth the subscription post $1 into offer?
I did the $1 trial then canceled once it went to $10 a month or whatever it was

Almost instantly got offered $1 a month for 6 months

Don’t think I’d pay more than that

AFLW players will retain extra power to move clubs next year following an AFL decision which means all contracts already signed for season eight must be confirmed again come the sign and trade period.
Ahead of the just-completed season seven, players could sign either one or two-year deals with their AFLW clubs. All players on one-year deals are necessarily out-of-contract at year’s end, however the AFL this week told clubs that players who signed two-year deals would also need to recommit come the 2023 pre-season sign and trade window.

In effect it means that players who had previously signed for season eight can no longer strictly be held to their contracts, and could move via a trade or any player movement concessions the AFL decides to introduce.

The move is understood to have frustrated some club figures, who feel as though it has shifted the goalposts around list management.

But the AFL is not expecting the same sort of player movement witnessed earlier this year, when the market was skewed by the addition of four expansion clubs.

The situation is complicated by the fact the AFLW collective bargaining agreement, signed in May, is set to expire.

The league and AFL Players Association have been in discussions around a new joint agreement including both male and female players.

Club delegates are due to meet early in the new year as negotiations ramp up.

The AFLPA’s stated aim is for all AFLW players to be full-time professionals by 2026.

However AFL women’s chief Nicole Livingstone said last month on SEN the AFL needed to be cautious around introducing full-time contracts for female players.

“I want to take a different take on it actually, because we talk about them (AFLW players) having other jobs like it is a shame, it’s not a shame and in fact, I think the AFL men’s program could learn a lot from the way the AFLW is operating,” Livingstone said.

“My language is more around them being year-round athletes. So right now, we are in six-month contracts. I think that’s the next phase – to have them in an off-season period and they are actually training and they’re on a contract to train in that off period as well.

“I still want them to be able to work and to be able to play football because if you’re 100 per cent on footy, or Olympic sports, Olympic sports has cottoned on to this a while ago, it’s actually not good for you as an athlete.

“It is too consuming, too pressure packed.

“It’s more about being year-round, they’re already professional heart, soul and mind in what they’re doing it‘s about how do we now allow them to thrive in both areas.”
I do agree with her to an extent, and I wonder how many are in the AFLW purely because they are able to play and keep their careers.

If players were told right now, you are full time pro players from next season, I think a good portion of the players walk away.

I think the way forward is a 2 tier system.

Full time pro positions plus part time semi pro.

Increase the number of full time pro positions over time.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Former Dockers player and assistant Lisa Webb has emerged as a contender to become Fremantle’s next AFLW coach.

- Code Sports

6A943689-BF91-43D7-9649-E21EB34BBE0A.jpeg

Hopefully we’re ready to swoop like vultures.

So … are we losing players to you?
Of the two current listed players I see weekly, the one I wanted to see was absent. I’ll try again tomorrow

The one I did see, hasn’t heard anything of that nature

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently it's been completely blown out of context. One player might've said something of that nature as a veiled threat but it's not like half the list will leave. Interested to know what second player says. No player should be bigger than the club IMO

Ok

That report of players driving the coach seems to be rubbish. Playing group doesn’t run that way and Eliza is stirring s**t.

What was interesting was when Cooper was spoken about was that we don’t know exactly what happened and that she couldn’t comment any further - body language tells me s**t went down that us outside the four walls will never know

Ok

That report of players driving the coach seems to be rubbish. Playing group doesn’t run that way and Eliza is stirring s**t.

What was interesting was when Cooper was spoken about was that we don’t know exactly what happened and that she couldn’t comment any further - body language tells me s**t went down that us outside the four walls will never know
Freo girls running doing hill sprints this morning with the men's players. Yeah seems like a really divided club at the moment...

Eliza doesn't work for The Worst anymore so it wasn't her this time. The impression I get is all the top tier players loved Cooper but there's been some players who've left the club who were at the bottom end of the list and didn't feel like they got the same attention/support.

Freo girls running doing hill sprints this morning with the men's players. Yeah seems like a really divided club at the moment...

Eliza doesn't work for The Worst anymore so it wasn't her this time. The impression I get is all the top tier players loved Cooper but there's been some players who've left the club who were at the bottom end of the list and didn't feel like they got the same attention/support.
The whole team were invited and less than half turned up apparently so it’s a bit hard to say, as good as the pictures look, that the whole team is united.

The whole team were invited and less than half turned up apparently so it’s a bit hard to say, as good as the pictures look, that the whole team is united.
I’ve noticed many fitness training posts are only a select group as well

The impression I get is all the top tier players loved Cooper but there's been some players who've left the club who were at the bottom end of the list and didn't feel like they got the same attention/support.
That was a common criticism of Ross Lyon as well, wonder if Cooper was influenced by him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back