Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders S30 Team Thread - Oderint dum metuant - Bonz S30 BnF winner

Remove this Banner Ad

BallaratBulldog Award (Best Club-person) by SSwans2011
fAgsOPM.png

BallaratBulldog Award

I’m honoured to presenting this award tonight. Mostly because it’s the only award I’ve ever received in Sweet FA history, and that makes it the best award to exist in Sweet FA history. Named after the club legend and connoisseur of sexy team sheets, himself, the BallaratBulldog Award recognises individuals who have selflessly made significant contributions to the club. In that regard, the recipient of the BB Award tonight couldn’t go to a more deserving Wonder. Oftentimes this award honours commitment to the club that may not necessarily be seen in the public eye. It rewards individuals who put the club before themselves without seeking anything in return.

This season, the BallaratBulldog Award goes to Wonders champion Wojcinski.

We cannot express our gratitude enough for Woj’s contributions to the Wonders. Midway through this season, Woj notified us of his plans to retire from the Sweet FA. Initially, we asked Woj to stay on until the end of the season to allow us to have enough squad members, and he was more than willing. Upon being approached by another club champion in haydo, who expressed his desire to return mid-season, the leadership group was required to find a player who would be willing to be involved in a trade to the Swamprats to facilitate haydo’s move back to the club. Woj, as he has for many seasons, put the club before himself, and agreed to make the move. This act exemplified Woj’s invaluable contributions to this club, and we cannot even begin to express our gratitude for his willingness to be involved, and for absolutely everything he has done for the Wonders.

Everyone please join me in congratulating a true Wonder, and all-round great bloke, Wojcinski.

Rd 13 v Las Vegas Bears by Bonz

jc0SEoC.gif

Rd 13
Season 30 Round 13: West Coast Wonders vs Las Vegas Bears

Bears 2.png

When we finally started to get rolling late in the season lets be honest, the Wonders was all about the love in between Bonz and ClarkeM.

Bears 1.png

What Bonz and ClarkeM performed on match day against the Bears is better suited for a Snuff Film.
With 116 and 117 points a piece the next closest Wonder was Sab22 who ended out with 6 goals and 69 DT Points (hehehehe 69).

Our thread activity was a bit limited this week (Outside of the usual Clarkey troll 111) and other match performances were lacking (But lets blame that on the bears) so everyone feel free to enjoy some of my quality shooops from this round.

Bears 2.jpg

Bears 3.jpg

Bears 5.jpg

Bears 6.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my match write ups, please don't forget to tribute and

Bears 7.jpg

Best Posters Per Muddiemoose
3 - BlueMaster1
2 - some flog called ClarkeM
1 - AngryRanga

szyg3DI.png

19 - ClarkeM
17 - Bonz
12 - Sab22
7 - jezzajay
4 - BallaratBulldog
1 - AngryRanga

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ogjBAq5.png

ROUND 13
114 - Bonz
112 - ClarkeM
92 - Sab22
89 - Elmer_Judd
88 - SweetD
55 - AngryRanga
35 - jezzajay
28 - BallaratBulldog
24 - Cactus_
21 - SSwans2011
18 - Jack the Godfather
17 - Crusty Undies
17 - J_Chadwick
17 - haydo
16 - Coopers
11 - JT_the_Man
7 - Wojcinski
7 - dogs105
6 - Grand Uncle Horace
3 - PerfectFooty
2 - Uncle_Leo
1 - KBLT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rd 14 v Coney Island Warriors by SSwans2011
QTJrldi.gif

Round 14 vs Warriors

Look, finals weren’t impossible at this point. As minimal as our chances were, finals remained a statistic possibility. Top 8 teams were starting to worry about this irresistible, unstoppable Wonders juggernaut. In unprecedented scenes, ClarkeM posted the team sheet a mere hour after the match thread, which he created, was posted. Sadly, the powers that be corruptly disallowed us from posting the team sheet the week prior as intended, and if you suggest that isn’t evidence of systemic corruption against the Wonders, you may as well be trying to tell me that Grand Uncle Horace and WaynesWorld19 are getting engaged.

Season 30 and 2020 got what it deserved in this match thread from both teams. Nothing. Full credit to everyone involved.

We were 1-0 since @BlueMaster1’s return to the side, so we were a 100% chance of winning this match.

Match Analysis
Q1:
******* rigged bullshit. Warriors up 27-1 because ******* cheating NaturalDisaster plays for them, and I won’t stand for this.
Q2: Wonders in with a sniff, and have chopped the lead back to 8 points at half-time in what can only be seen as a lame attempt from ND to hide his blatant corruption.
Q3: Wait a minute…
Q4: Hahahaha ******* ND. Can’t even rig a game properly hahahaha. Wonders win easily after a big second half hahahahaha Warriors.

Key Players
haydo (29 disposals), and SweetD (27 disposals, 11 marks) were huge and kept us in the game when it looked like we were going to once again succumb to being bent over by the qooty gods. @BlueMaster1’s triumphant return continued with four goals. After the displays from dogs105 (25 touches, 2 goals) and BallaratBulldog (17 touches, 8 marks), Warriors captain TheInjuryFactory was left to ponder a timeless dilemma: who let the dogs out? “Who? Who? Who? Who?” he defeatedly questioned.

Best Posters Per Tonga Bob
3) AngryRanga - something about him isn't quite right. I like that about a poster.
2) Bonz - top 10 shooper in the comp.
1) haydo - he tried.

R5GP3e5.png

20 - haydo
14 - BlueMaster1
14 - SweetD
6 - jezzajay
6 - dogs105

I've decided I will be handing out personal SSwans2011 awards as well to spice things up.

The first award is the SSwans2011 Recognition of Significant Music Contributions Prize, and it goes to AngryRanga. It was a close contest, and Genghis Tron put in a good showing, but AngryRanga's billy woods avatar won out, totally unaided by the fact that he is a Wonder and Genghis is not.

Congratulations, mate!

Love you.

Thanks for the BnF, I'm sorry I haven't contributed or jumped into the Discord, I'm nowhere. I just spent the entire day frying like a pancake in the sun.

Sim achievements are worthless but I appreciate the odd oppo poster giving me a vote for best poster, kudos to me

Love you.

Thanks for the BnF, I'm sorry I haven't contributed or jumped into the Discord, I'm nowhere. I just spent the entire day frying like a pancake in the sun.

Sim achievements are worthless but I appreciate the odd oppo poster giving me a vote for best poster, kudos to me
No stress my man, tonight's a chill night to do as you please.

Drinks are flowing regardless.

SSwans2011 dogshit year from you on the field hey
I was just discussing in the Discord how I've won 2 Premierships and been in the leadership group on 3 separate occasions and done ******* nothing on-field ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 15 v Mount Buller Demons by SweetD

7tUNLvZ.gif

Round 15 - God, who cares? The Demons? Urgh

It all returns to nothing
It just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down
I just keep letting me down, letting me down, letting me down
It just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down
I just keep letting me down, letting me down, letting me down
Ah-ah-ah-ah, tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down
Ah-ah-ah-ah, letting me down, letting me down, letting me down
Ah-ah-ah-ah, tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down
Ah-ah-ah-ah, letting me down, letting me down, letting me down

Key Players:
3vGrRfQTEoo1xt3rmhARFswg-S5Siy73d60fo9JvwelQq57UYj0ewQjcFubzvhMmG3O3KtKJUBns0mkUUXNdX7yc3rDc1v1wYh6X66APzPwTrKyZF6cRm1jW9E7YvUgV7KX4phE

Best Posters Per manangatang
3 - ClarkeM (not bad for a 427-game Qootier)
2 - AngryRanga (10 posts but plenty of punch - like the cut of his jib)
1 - BlueMaster1 (nice to show up and prove that the Wonders aren’t just an even older version of the Roys)

iaBGSQD.png

18 - Bonz
18 - SSwans2011
10 - SweetD
8 - BlueMaster1
5 - haydo
1 - ClarkeM

Rd 16 v Baghdad Bombers by haydo

wxbK2cS.gif

The end of the season is finally here, after what was arguably the Wonders worst season off-field was all about to come to a close with a round 16 match up against the Bombers. Once upon a time these two sides would have fierce battles on field and through the match threads, the rivalry between these two sides was that large that the whole competition loved when the fixture would read West Coast Wonders vs Baghdad Bombers.

A lot has changed since then though with rivalry kinda dying out between the two sides and with the Wonders losing plenty of star posters over the last few seasons and not doing so well on-field it was a sluggish start to the match thread with the Bombers but we fell into a grove by midweek. ClarkeM was as consistent as he’s been all season with 111 match thread posts, Crusty Undies got fired up and spanked Santoz and a few Bomber egg heads around the place and even went a few days after the result as well.

Despite being last on the SFA ladder and nothing but pride to play for in the last home and away fixture the Wonders did fight it out until the end and put in a good showing against the Bombers who were resting a few stars before their finals tilt. A 13-point margin in favour of the home side was enough to give the Bombers the victory. The Wonders had many solid contributors on the night with SSwans2011 being the best of the bunch with 28 disposals and a goal from the wing while midfielders haydo (20 disposals, 9 marks and 1.3) and Bonz (20 disposals and a goal) both worked tirelessly for the Blue & Gold.

ClarkeM and Sab22 both kicked 2 goals with multiple single goal scorers on the night. Unfortunately, Sab22 couldn’t kick more goals on the night as he was in the hunt in the last round for the Fred medal however fell short to The Filth Wizard by 3 goals.

Despite the result and another loss for the Wonders, the team finished the season in which they seemed to have fell over the finish line but did it with their heads held high and are looking at pushing on to S31 as fast as they can. There will be plenty of change by the looks at the Wonders so we're looking forward to seeing who they can bring across during the off-season and some fresh blood injected into the squad.

Best Posters per Antonio BlueVein
3) ClarkeM
The Wonders are lucky to have him.
2) haydo
Great sense of humour and the logical choice to captain.
1) Crusty Undies
Copped heat and had a laugh, humour is important to me.

And with that, a winner is decided.

But before we go there, this short message.

Wonders Posting Award (as decided by the opposition): SweetD
4aC8UIs.png

At the beginning of each round, ClarkeM asked a member of the opposition to provide a 3-2-1 vote for the Wonders best posters of that round?

The criteria was at the discretion of the nominee - however they saw fit, whether it was spamming, humour, conversation, banter - so long as the players were active for that week.

Over to you SweetD:

Season 30 for the Wonders ******* sucked.

Just to be blunt.

We kicked off with an exodus that would make Moses blush and rewrite his story, we floundered about all season to win a Wooden Spoon, and, on a more serious note many members faced personal hardship in an unholy storm that made up this tumultuous season.

But honestly, one dude kept this club chugging along, the amount of work and effort poured into keeping the Wonders on the right track this season can almost all be traced back to him.
Outsiders to the club have to be made aware by how much effort he put into the club this year, from not only behind the scenes, to his behemoth effort in match threads.

No poster summarizes the spirit of the SFA for me better, from banter, to lighthearted conversation, to legitimately entertaining shitposting, with shocking consistency, any Wonders thread you enter you’ll be guaranteed a great experience with him.

And this isn’t just me waxing lyrical, the league obviously agrees with me too.

Congrats ClarkeM, you’ve a great dude and the Wonders are lucky to have you.

Rd 1Rd 2Rd 3Rd 4Rd 5Rd 6Rd 7Rd 8Rd 9Rd 10Rd 11Rd 12Rd 13Rd 14Rd 15Rd 16TOTAL
ClarkeM233223223223332
SSwans20111131132315
Bonz3233210
SweetD1231219
AngryRanga1121328
GUH32117
BlueMaster1314
Haydo123
Crusty Undies11
Jack The Godfather11

BnF Write-Up by SSwans2011
pvS41rT.png

I have to get up and make a speech again? * me. And it’s for the Best & Fairest – an award I’ve never even come close to winning? This club is ******* lucky that I’ve got Stockholm syndrome from this season.

You only have to go as far back as last season to see that the Wonders have had some legendary Best & Fairest winners. Club legends like BallaratBulldog, ClarkeM, lioness, and haydo are among the illustrious group of former winners. It recognises those players that have played in prime positions, and also been kissed on the dick by the sim.

Unfortunately, this season, not many Wonders were kissed on the dick by the sim. However, one Wonder was kissed on the dick SO HARD that not only were the number one ranked ruck in the entire competition, they were also the standout performer for the Wonders on-field, which was this season, admittedly, a bit like being the least of a turncoat flog of all players that have ever departed the club.

But as the competition’s number one ruck, number one for hitouts, and the fourth-ranked player in the entire competition, this player had a fine on-field season.

Also worth recognising, however, is their fundraising performances for the Wonders off-field with the launch of Wonders OnlyFans pages.

Please, everyone, join me in congratulating the Wonders Best & Fairest for Season 30… Bonz!

1605755028546.png

Congratulations, and well deserved, mate. But you better not leave the club, floggo, or I’m writing up an alternative B&F announcement shitting on you and asking ClarkeM to edit this post.

Sorry I’m late...too much fun to be had in the social distance section...lots of yelling going on that’s for sure.
Well done to everyone who’s picked up an award tonight.
To the producers of this a-grade event, do you do weddings also?
Fantastic job, the producers of the Brownlow have a lot to learn from you.
I’m already hungry for next season already!
Any opposition that are in here, rack off and stop trying to poach me!
I won’t stop until I win a Wonders B&F...there’s no higher award to achieve, grateful to be given the opportunity.

I'll post something a bit later on, maybe tomorrow but thanks for everyone for the Season!

Onwards and upwards - enjoy your summer break everyone!

Oderint dum metuant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back