Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders S36 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1

West Coast Wonders 18.5.113 def 15.12.102 Fighting Furies

We opened our season at the Colosseum, against the Furies in MOTR. The Furies were out to a fast start but we weren't going to let them have it all their own way. It was a great game of qooty, living up to its MOTR tag, whcih saw DenieD kickstart his return with 7 goals and damicky played a dominate hand in the ruck with 28 disposals and 16 hitouts. AnUltimateRessie gathered 31 on the wing while dogs105 had a solid start to the season. We eventually won by 11 points due to our superiority in front of the big sticks.

Round 1.png

Round 3

West Coast Wonders 20.18 (138) defeat Dragons FFC 18.9 (117)

Due to having the bye in round 2, our next match was to be at home in round 3 versus the Dragons. It was a high scoring match that we were able to run out winners in by 21 points. Lsta062 was excellent for us with 27 disposals and skipper damicky led from the front with 30 disposals 22 hit outs and a goal. Full forward recruit of the season, DenieD, kicked 7.4 in another dominant display.

Round 3.png

Round 4

Mount Buller Demons 10.10 (70) defeated by West Coast Wonders 16.15 (111)

The Foundation Cup is always a big occasion for these two clubs and the match thread this week did not disappoint. There monster efforts from dogs105 and SSwans2011 on the posting front. We were also able to dominate the match, running out 41 point winners. ClarkeM with 17 disposals and 10 tackles, damicky with 23 disposals, 12 hit outs and 2 goals and NinjaSwan with 19 disposals were the best for us.

Round 4.png

Round 5

West Coast Wonders 15.9 (99) defeated by Roys FFC 17.14 (116)

The Roys travelled to the Colosseum and were able to deal us our first loss of the season, defeating us by 17 points. Our strongest performers on the day were Cubs2Lions with 21 and 2 goals, Grand Uncle Horace with 26 touches and damicky with 18 touches and 2 goals.

Round 5.png

Last edited:
At this point we will have a break from the count and give out our first award for the evening.

Co-Captains Award

After much discussion with damicky, we decided to award the Co-Captains Award for Season 36 to dogs105 and SSwans2011. These two posters are club favourites for a reason. Whenever they join a match thread or pop up in the team PM you just know that you're going to have a better time after interacting with them. Thanks so much guys for the positivity and energy you bring around the place, we are so grateful to have you at the Wonders!

Captain Award.png

Last edited:
Round 6

Gumbies FFC 13 10 88 defeated the West Coast Wonders 9 9 63

This week we travelled to play the Gumbies on their home deck. DenieD copped a warm welcome from his previous club but we were lacklustre all day and ended up going down by 25 points. Our best performers on the day were Grand Uncle Horace with 21 disposals, HARPSichord with 19 touches and 3 goals while DenieD kicked 3 of his own. Truetiger was also a handy performer down back.

Round 6.png

Round 7

West Coast Wonders 12 13 85 defeated by Ophidian Old Boys 19 15 129

The OOBs continued to toy with us, handing us yet another defeat. This match was never in doubt and the reigning premiers did it easy all day, going onto win by 44 points. Grand Uncle Horace lead the way with 32 disposals while HARPSichord and AnUltimateRessie gathered 20+ of their own. DenieD added another 4 goals to his growing tally.

Round 7.png

Round 8

West Coast Wonders 20 8 128 defeated Coney Island Warriors 17 3 105

A win in front of the home crowd was exactly what we needed and it was what we got to break a 3 game losing streak. In a high scoring affair we were too strong for the Wazzes, running out 23 point victors. AnUltimateRessie had a career game with 39 touches, 11 marks and 4 tackles. #DictatAUR was well supported by SSwans2011 who had 38 touches and a sneaky Marklar_33 pulled a swap with DenieD and ended up with 6 snags.

Round 8.png

Last edited:

At this point we will have a break from the count and give out our first award for the evening.

Co-Captains Award

After much discussion with damicky, we decided to award the Co-Captains Award for Season 36 to dogs105 and SSwans2011. These two posters are club favourites for a reason. Whenever they join a match thread or pop up in the team PM you just know that you're going to have a better time after interacting with them. Thanks so much guys for the positivity and energy you bring around the place, we are so grateful to have you at the Wonders!

View attachment 1870928
When dogs105 and SSwans2011 are up and about the match thread simply cannot be bad.

That round 4 match thread (against the Demons) was crazy good and one of my favourite times in the league.

Round 8 is the halfway point of our regular season matches so let's take a look at the top 10 leaderboard.

Leaderboard Rd 8.png

After a strong start to the season Grand Uncle Horace has trotted out to a slight lead over damicky (sex number!) and HARPSichord. As we channel into the back half of the season can at GUH maintain his lead or will someone come flying from outside the top 3 to take the top gong? Stay tuned to find out.

Last edited:
Time to continue on to the second half of the season which was again a very up and down affair for our club.

Round 9

Las Vegas Bears 20.12.132 def by 22.8.140 West Coast Wonders​

We travelled to Las Vegas to play the Bears on their home turf. it was a seesawing affair but our ability to kick straighter was the difference in being able to get up by 8 points in a high scoring affair. Cubs2Lions has started to get his season motoring, gathering 29 disposals and kicking 3 straight goals. jezzajay also had his strongest showing for the year with 30 and a goal. These two paled in comparison to the absolute dominance displayed by DenieD, kicking 10 snags and extending his lead in the Fred Medal.

Round 9.png

Round 10

Gold City Royals 19.3.117 def West Coast Wonders 10.7.67

In a rainy day away at the Golden Throne, an accurate Royals walked all over us to run away to a 50 point win. After a strong first quarter which saw us up by 14 points we just put the cue in the rack and got absolutely steamrolled. The DenieD Ken mobile showed no signs of slowing down however, kicking 6 of our 10 goals. Other gallant performers were Cubs2Lions who has ben stringing some great performances together of late and the wily old campaigner SM.

Round 10.png

Round 11

West Coast Wonders 14.10.94 def by Baghdad Bombers 19.7.121

We hosted the Bombers on what was a rainy day inside the Colosseum. This didn't stop the forwards from getting on the end of a few with over 30 goals kicked for the contest. The Bombers proved too strong in the contest, beating us by 27 points. SM popped his head up again kicking 3 goals from 14 touches and 7 marks. AnUltimateRessie had 24 disposals and DenieD added another 4 goals.

Round 11.png

Last edited:
Moving onto the second award for the night, it is time for the BallaratBulldog Best Clubperson Award. BB and Grand Uncle Horace were asked to name who they thought best epitomised what it means to be a Wonder and they couldn't split the Dungeon Buddies, AnUltimateRessie and HARPSichord.

Grand Uncle Horace had this to say about the Dungeon Buddies; "Both of them make great contributions to the joint, in Team PM, match threads and in general media. And they both make me laugh."

And BallaratBulldog had this to add; "I don’t disagree."

Congratulations to you both!

BB Clubperson.png

Last edited:
200.gif

Thank you to DenieD. You are my hero for being here live!

We are now getting to the pointy end of the regular season. Let's move ahead to our last four games before finals.

Round 12

Sin City Swamprats 12.13 (85) defeated by West Coast Wonders 13.9 (87)

A ripping game occured at Underground Stadium but it wasn't to be without controversy. After a back and forth last quarter power Aid scored a goal on the siren but it was not counted by the goal umpire to allow us to take the chocolates of a 2 point win. AnUltimateRessie racked up the ball on the outside all day with 25 touches, ClarkeM enjoyed a busy day with 22 disposals and 2 goals while MayTheNorthBeWithU gave the midfielders first option in the ruck with 18 hitouts and 20 disposals of his own. DenieD and NinjaSwan led the way up front with 3 goals apiece.

Round 12.png

Round 13

We travelled again, this time to The Eyrie to meet the Phoenix. In a rainy game where goals were hard to come by we managed to get a 12-point half time. East Side hit back to get the lead at three quarter time but after multiple lead changes in the last, we were able to hold on to win a tight one by 6 points. dogs105 proved his worth in the wet gathering 16 disposals and kicking a goal, JT_the_Man provided a useful cameo off the bench also picking up 16 disposals. DenieD kicked another important 3 goals to help us over the line.

Round 13.png

Round 14

West Coast Wonders 11.15 (81) defeated by Mount Buller Demons 16.14 (110)

In another Foundation Cup clash for the season we were able to meet the old foe at home. The result was reversed from earlier in the year, however, with us going down by 29 points. MayTheNorthBeWithU was a shining light in the ruck with 25 disposals and 11 hitouts while AnUltimateRessie, Cubs2Lions and dogs105 had plenty of the qooty.

Round 14.png

Round 15

Ophidian Old Boys 21.7 (133) defeat West Coast Wonders 20.9 (129)

In what was the only match of Round 15 where the OOB were battling to avoid the spoon and we were looking for a top 4 spot on the ladder. In a high scoring affair, the OOB were able to keep their streak against us alive with a 4 point win. The hoodoo here is starting to become ridiculous, even though we did fight back from a 37 point 3 quarter time to deficit. DenieD scored 5 goals to seal his Fred Medal victory, while co-skip HARPSichord gathered 33 disposals to go with 6 tackles and 3 goals. AnUltimateRessie, Cubs2Lions, Grand Uncle Horace and MayTheNorthBeWithU all had the ball on a string.

Round 15.png

Last edited:
We have now reached the end of the regular season so now would be the time to get a final look at the leaderboard before we head into finals.

Leaderboard end season.png

Would you look at that?! DenieD has flown home gathering 92 votes from the 7 games in this stretch. So far he has polled in every single game bar one, the game Marklar_33 got himself into FF and kicked 6! AnUltimateRessie is 5 votes back and has also had an impressive second half of the year along with Cubs2Lions. Grand Uncle Horace had a quiet period and has slid from 1st down to 4th. This should be an entertaining finish to the count!

croweater 41 Medal

While we have paused the count it would be a good time to announce the croweater 41 Medal winner for the season which is nonother than DenieD. After an impressive season winning the Fred Medal it couldn't be anyone else. Congratulations on a fine season!

Goalkicker.png

Last edited:
Elimination Final

Dragons FFC 13.8. 86 def by West Coast Wonders 17.12.114

We had to travel to the always hostile Dragon Island in a do or die final and boy, did we rise to the challenge. In a match that was tight through the first 3 quarters, we were able to gain the ascendancy in the last to run out 28 point winners. DenieD kept his regular season form rolling with 6 goals and NinjaSwan chipped in with 4 of his own. Cubs2Lions and Grand Uncle Horace were strong through the midfield while dogs105 did his thing with 13 disposals and 2 goals.

Elimination Final.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time for another break from the count and to hand out another award to a special individual. The Wonders' Wonder of the Year is the seasonly player voted MVP award where we vote for our peers on their performance through posting activity, quality and their performance in the sim. As always, this was a tightly contested award with damicky, DenieD and HARPSichord all having great seasons across the three categories but there can only be one winner tonight. And that goes to the man who runs this award, AnUltimateRessie! Thanks for all the hard work you do around the club, this is well deserved.

#notrigged

MVP.png

Last edited:
Semi Final

Baghdad Bombers 15.6.96 def West Coast Wonders 12.9.81

We moved through to the second week of finals in another elimination clash. We faced the Bombers who had lost their qualifying final the week before and were hoping not to bow out in straight sets. It was a back and forth clash all day with us leading by 2 points at the final break and dreaming of a prelim final berth. It wasn't to be as the Bombers kicked some late goals to break our hearts and end our season. Grand Uncle Horace turned in another great finals showing with 17 disposals and 6 tackles while AnUltimateRessie gathered 21 touches of his own to go along with 2 goals. DenieD added another handful of goals to his season tally in a gallant showing down forward.

Semi Final.png

Please note that ClarkeM has been busy and wasn't able to submit votes. This had no bearing on the final result!

Last edited:
We have concluded the count for the night so let's get to announcing our top 3!

3rd.png

Another stellar season from Ralph (Cubs2Lions) who has picked up a 3rd in the BnF to go along with his 2nd last year. He can't be far away from breaking through for his first medal! He gathered 270 disposals for the season, kicked 14 goals and had 1014 DT points.

2nd.png

Our runner up best and fairest this year is our very own All-SFA winger, AnUltimateRessie. After a quiet start to the season playing out of position he was able to find his form and storm home to mount a serious challenge for the medal. Having a better season than S35 he picked up 341 disposals, 1202 DT points and 2 Mobbs votes which is a special thing for a winger! Congrats on a massive season AnUltimateRunnerup, we know you will be looking to go one better in S37.

Last edited:
And that leaves only one possibility for our S36 best and fairest, DenieD!! What a season from our power forward after returning to the league at the eleventh hour. Ken relished the move inside the goal square almost doubling his qareer goal tally from just one season. He ended up with 75 goals, 41 behinds from 117 kicks. That is just 1 kick that didn't result in a score. He also polled best and fairest votes in every game except for one which is an amazing achievement. Thanks for the great season Ken and congrats on quite the personal haul of accolades!

winner.png

That concludes tonight's event. I would like to say a big thanks to you all for coming and for being a part of our club in Season 36. Good luck to those of you who are moving on to other clubs or retirement!

A special shoutout to our skipper for the last few seasons, damicky, who has recently announced that he will be moving into retirement for at least the foreseeable future. Thanks for everything you have done for the club mate! We all hope you take some time off to get yourself right. Maybe we will see you around these parts again in the future.

And that leaves only one possibility for our S36 best and fairest, DenieD!! What a season from our power forward after returning to the league at the eleventh hour. Ken relished the move inside the goal square almost doubling his qareer goal tally from just one season. He ended up with 75 goals, 41 behinds from 117 kicks. That is just 1 kick that didn't result in a score. He also polled best and fairest votes in every game except for one which is an amazing achievement. Thanks for the great season Ken and congrats on quite the personal haul of accolades!

View attachment 1871107

That concludes tonight's event. I would like to say a big thanks to you all for coming and for being a part of our club in Season 36. Good luck to those of you who are moving on to other clubs or retirement!

A special shoutout to our skipper for the last few seasons, damicky, who has recently announced that he will be moving into retirement for at least the foreseeable future. Thanks for everything you have done for the club mate! We all hope you take some time off to get yourself right. Maybe we will see you around these parts again in the future.

Congratulations Ken 👏🏼

Thanks for all of your hard work preparing for tonight, HARPS 🤗

It was a great honour to Co-Captain this wonderful Club over the past 3 Seasons

All the best for S37!

View attachment 1871107

ryan gosling thank you GIF by Saturday Night Live

This has been a great season and I am very glad I accepted damicky 's PMs to join the Wonders back at the start of round 1. Enjoyed this season a lot (probably my favourite season in the league to date) and I am thankful to all my Wonders teammates for making me feel welcome. It's an honour to receive the Best and Fairest award. AnUltimateRessie (AnUltimateTeammate) gave me a good run for my money for most of the season (All-SFA bros :handfist:). I will be drunk for the rest of the night, so if you get a spicy PM from me just ignore it.

And to damicky : You've been a great captain this season and I hope you enjoy your well deserved retirement. You have been a fantastic poster in the league since the first day you signed up. Hope to see you back here again one day.

Congratulations Ken 👏🏼

Thanks for all of your hard work preparing for tonight, HARPS 🤗

It was a great honour to Co-Captain this wonderful Club over the past 3 Seasons

All the best for S37!
Love you Cheese!!!
ryan gosling thank you GIF by Saturday Night Live

This has been a great season and I am very glad I accepted damicky 's PMs to join the Wonders back at the start of round 1. Enjoyed this season a lot (probably my favourite season in the league to date) and I am thankful to all my Wonders teammates for making me feel welcome. It's an honour to receive the Best and Fairest award. AnUltimateRessie (AnUltimateTeammate) gave me a good run for my money for most of the season (All-SFA bros :handfist:). I will be drunk for the rest of the night, so if you get a spicy PM from me just ignore it.

And to damicky : You've been a great captain this season and I hope you enjoy your well deserved retirement. You have been a fantastic poster in the league since the first day you signed up. Hope to see you back here again one day.
Love you Ken!!

Thanks for running the best and fairest, Harps! Sorry I couldn't be here live.

Congrats to dogs105 and SSwans2011 for their co-captaincy award. I'm not sure how I shared the best clubman vote with you HARPSichord, you deserved to be sole winner there. Thanks Grand Uncle Horace and BallaratBulldog for putting that together.

Congratulations DenieD! Unreal season and kept it close in the end, when I didn't deserve it after an awful start. You've been awesome to have around, hope to see you go back-to-back but surely #DictatAUR will ensure that he is the winner next season.

Cheers for the season all.

Love,

AUR

Remove this Banner Ad

Back