West Coasters Flag Prospects 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles will be thereabouts I'm sure.

But really, they are playing for second behind the yet to hit their peak Richmond.

Richmond had their premiership hangover in 2018 and the Eagles had theirs in 2019.

Can Richmond avoid it again?
Bit harsh to say Richmond had a premiership hangover in 2018 they finished top of the table and made it to the final 4.
Still though the two sides who competed in the GF accounted for them comfortably (in their last meetings with Richmond before that grand final)

No one, besides Geelong fans, would think Geelong have a better chance of winning next years flag than West Coast.

WC just don't have a weakness across any line, and they're only stronger now with Kelly

Historically, lines are their weakness.

I was hoping it was going to be a WCE Tigers GF this year. Two best teams in my view and a battle of opposing gamestyles. WCE seemed to be the best at executing the gameplan that Richmond find the most troubling, ie the kick, mark, retain possession plan that denies the Tigers their main scoring avenue - turnover from pressure game. For whatever reason WCE seemed to be less consistent in their execution this year. Think they need to find a way to maintain a defensive structure that can defend when there is a turnover if they can't lift their kick

Thanks mate :thumbsu:
But I would have thought the ones doing the whinging about how unfair it all is are the insecure ones. It kind of invites a bit of tongue in cheek. Sorry if I offended.
Not whinging, merely pointing out facts

I was hoping it was going to be a WCE Tigers GF this year. Two best teams in my view and a battle of opposing gamestyles. WCE seemed to be the best at executing the gameplan that Richmond find the most troubling, ie the kick, mark, retain possession plan that denies the Tigers their main scoring avenue - turnover from pressure game. For whatever reason WCE seemed to be less consistent in their execution this year. Think they need to find a way to maintain a defensive structure that can defend when there is a turnover if they can't lift their kick mark retain possession consistency.

I for one was certainly not hoping for a WC v Tigers GF, we were shot by seasons end.

Lots of sore players (Kennedy, Hurn, Jetta etc) and a couple of senior players that probably weren't going to die in attempt to go back to back = likely to have got messy/embarrassing for WC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the 2 favourites at the moment would be Richmond and the Eagles. Richmond doesn't have as big a home ground advantage and doesn't get to play all of it's home games at it's home ground. It also doesn't get the same compensation for free agents. So it would certainly appear that the AFL is trying to manufacture another premiership for the Eagles next year, like it tried and failed this year.
Like this year, next year Richmond are going to have to be better than the Eagles if they are to be an even chance against them.

Lol :D

They were team mates before Kelly was drafted. Pickett shifted into Kelly's old position and his game went up a level.
In 12 months time I believe they will be rated/valued in the same ball bark.
Well I hope you’re right 🙂

Be nice to see GWS knock them out up in Sydney, but you know thats never going to happen. The AFL wont allow them to play finals outside Melbourne.

Grow up.

Tigers dynasty morphs into eagles dynasty. 2021 to decide which team can claim the mantle as the best of this recent generation!

Hawks still better than both teams.

Will def finish top 2 and make a granny with the umpiring bias in Perth. Will the s**t the bed playing at the G

Considering WC had several negative free kick deferentials in Perth last year and had won 5 in a row at the G before that 1 goal loss to the Tigers, suggests you base your opinions on age old tripe and not the actual reality.

And the last time we finished top 2 and played at the G in a GF, howd that go?

Considering WC had several negative free kick deferentials in Perth last year and had won 5 in a row at the G before that 1 goal loss to the Tigers, suggests you base your opinions on age old tripe and not the actual reality.

And the last time we finished top 2 and played at the G in a GF, howd that go?

played the pies. They’re s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back