West Coasters Flag Prospects 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rioli distraction cost them a tilt at this year's flag, it may cost them again if the case is finalised shortly before finals.
Did they know about Rioli prior to losing to your side in round 23? They were up and down all season without a fit Nic Nat, with Kennedy starting to slow down, Barrass being way down on form and probably their bottom 4-6 not as strong as last year.

The Rioli distraction seemed like a bit of a cop out for a team that just wasn't as good - partially because Rioli was missing!

Did they know about Rioli prior to losing to your side in round 23? They were up and down all season without a fit Nic Nat, with Kennedy starting to slow down, Barrass being way down on form and probably their bottom 4-6 not as strong as last year.

The Rioli distraction seemed like a bit of a cop out for a team that just wasn't as good - partially because Rioli was missing!
The club found out only hours before the public I believe. Hence Petruccelle being rushed over.

Still, you're right it's a bit of a cop out and by no means a complete excuse for our performance in the SF. But less than ideal preparation for a do or die final.

of course it affected the players..how could it not
but we didnt use it as an excuse

Probably Overdue a major injury to a midfielder who isn’t Nat...just saying...

h21C7C15C

The Rioli distraction cost them a tilt at this year's flag, it may cost them again if the case is finalised shortly before finals.

Falling to 5th cost the flag, and that was due to a series of inconsistent performances across the year. You can count the number of four quarter games on one hand. Team also lost the will to win the close ones (reversion to the mean I suppose, we did fluke a couple in 2018).

I'm more excited that Tim Kelly covers an immediate weakness and that we have depth to cover Rioli. Anything outside of top 4 and I will be disappointed tbh.

I see West Coast and Richmond as the teams to beat in 2020 at this early stage (before trade period and draft has even finished).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah it didn't - our season coughed and spluttered all year

We had a very short period post bye where it seemed to click and we nailed a few sides - then we coughed and spluttered again

Our prospects for 2020 - better than they were before we got Kelly. We should be in the mix - which is about all you can say

Yes Kelly took Geelong to premiership glory so should work for West Coast
West Coast has a better list than Geelong.

West Coast won a flag with pretty much the same list minus Kelly. Maybe the only loss has been LeCras and Kennedy getting older.

We need to fix our game plan a bit and our mentality, too many times this year when the going gets tough we'd drop our heads.

That last Hawks home game hurt your season and the Rioli fiasco was the fatal derailing blow.

Arguably if one of those situations didnt play out, the Eagles season would have progressed further.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back