West Coasters Flag Prospects 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute BS, your still on your home ground.

Are you dumb? Think you’re forgetting the A = advantage. When we play any of the aforementioned teams (with the minor exception of Geelong), it’s a neutral game, because no team gets advantage over the other. Just like when you play Freo, it’s a neutral game despite who is the ‘home’ team.

This is really quite a simple concept to understand. If you don’t, then you clearly will never be happy with the AFL (that A stands for Australian, just in case you were confused).

All I’m gonna say about this topic on this thread. WC flag prospects: on a level with Richmond but slightly behind due to the Rance inclusion and aging Kennedy.

Peace out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you dumb? Think you’re forgetting the A = advantage. When we play any of the aforementioned teams (with the minor exception of Geelong), it’s a neutral game, because no team gets advantage over the other. Just like when you play Freo, it’s a neutral game despite who is the ‘home’ team.

This is really quite a simple concept to understand. If you don’t, then you clearly will never be happy with the AFL (that A stands for Australian, just in case you were confused).

All I’m gonna say about this topic on this thread. WC flag prospects: on a level with Richmond but slightly behind due to the Rance inclusion and aging Kennedy.

Peace out

No I'm not you moron, 7 games in a row leading into finals at the same ground,GTFOH.
Your utter stupidity rates putting you on ignore.

Peace out

WC basically had no NN fit the entire year. If they get him back fully fit with Kelly in the middle. Those 2 variables are more than Rance. Richmond slightly in front, but purely because of the MCG factor. Not Rance.

Peace out

The neutral games certainly work for the better teams?
My argument is that travelling teams have the max disadvantage in the FIXture, away teams a significantly lesser task. I am aware this may be too challenging a concept for some to understand.

As for 2020, the Eagles will be looking to bring the kids through but its the guys in their late 20s like Shuey & NicNat plus Kelly that will drive the Eagles.

Last edited:
Coaches lose their jobs mid year. No one wants to be under pump midway through the season. Blight use to say no matter who you are or what you have done if you lose 2 on the trot you are under the pump.
No one wants a draw Richmond had last year. Why would you ?
The home games!!!

Coaches lose their jobs mid year. No one wants to be under pump midway through the season. Blight use to say no matter who you are or what you have done if you lose 2 on the trot you are under the pump.
No one wants a draw Richmond had last year. Why would you ?

If Dimma didn't lose his job after 2016, he wasn't going to get sacked after heading in to the bye at 7-6 in 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Penny is starting to drop.

This doesn't make sense at all. My post was in response to the idea that you said that coaches are under pressure if they lose two games in a row. That's not ture. Dimma was not under pressure after losing 3 in a row heading in to the Bye and Simpson was not under pressure after round 23 heading in to the finals.

You're post was just wrong. Blight would say something like that, wasn't he sacked from two different clubs?

Hopefully the haze may clear too.

The issue is that you think your point of view is the only point of view. In fact your posts in this thread don't make much sense, and are not shared by majority of eagles fans, and yet you carry on in this thread as if you are speaking gospel truth.

You're the one that has the hazy point of view. Few if any Eagles supporters agree with you, evidenced by multiple eagles fans response to your posts in this thread.

The issue is that you think your point of view is the only point of view. In fact your posts in this thread don't make much sense, and are not shared by majority of eagles fans, and yet you carry on in this thread as if you are speaking gospel truth.

The haze lifting would reveal the Tiges run home, HELLO !!

Yes, I do think West Coast fans rabbiting on about the Home Ground Advantage are missing the point, yes MCG tenants play a few more games at home.
The narrative on the game is run from Melbourne like it or not, all your arguments are easily deflected because HGA is a long gone concept* BUT ...

*1964 for Tiges fans

The haze lifting would reveal the Tiges run home, HELLO !!

Yes, I do think West Coast fans rabbiting on about the Home Ground Advantage are missing the point, yes MCG tenants play a few more games at home.
The narrative on the game is run from Melbourne like it or not, all your arguments are easily deflected because HGA is a long gone concept* BUT ...

*1964 for Tiges fans

Your comment doesn't make sense in the context of the thread. Boston tiger was saying that the penny was dropping for me, so it sounded like your comment was in reference to me. Maybe a misunderstanding.

This thread has been derailed enough, but just chill on how you engage with people who have a different opinion. I don't agree with your point of view that the single biggest issue in determining wins/losses during H&A is entirely around travel, but I don't act in a condescending manner when engaging with you on the topic.

Grand Final is a separate issue but not getting in to an debate about as it won't change for another 40 odd years.

..... very defeatist point of view. It is very relevant to travel too.

It is what it is, and it is something that has impacted on the Eagles more than any other team (bar maybe Sydney), but it's done and dusted.

It simply won't change the fact that a long term contract is in place. While there is a contract, nothing will change. It seems particularly churlish to bang on about it at every possible opportunity for the next 4 decades.

To be honest, I understand why the AFL locked the GF in to the MCG even if I disagree with it. My issue is with the length of the contract. Should have been 10 years max with a view that each state have a 60-70K stadium in 10 years time to ensure that each state could viably host a GF.

Anyway, let's get back on topic and talk about Eagles 2020 chances.

Last edited:
This doesn't make sense at all. My post was in response to the idea that you said that coaches are under pressure if they lose two games in a row. That's not ture. Dimma was not under pressure after losing 3 in a row heading in to the Bye and Simpson was not under pressure after round 23 heading in to the finals.

You're post was just wrong. Blight would say something like that, wasn't he sacked from two different clubs?

You're the one that has the hazy point of view. Few if any Eagles supporters agree with you, evidenced by multiple eagles fans response to your posts in this thread.

Well if you are going to give a coach a crap start to a year fixture wise make sure it’s one that’s not going to get sacked..eg Dimma

I’m wrong but Malcolm Blight would say some thing like that??? So you mean Blight is wrong ? Take it up with him. What would he know?
Are saying coaches don’t get sacked mid year? Are you saying coaches don’t feel the pressure if they lose 3 in a row?Are saying coaches would not rather get there wins early?

Well if you are going to give a coach a crap start to a year fixture wise make sure it’s one that’s not going to get sacked..eg Dimma

I’m wrong but Malcolm Blight would say some thing like that??? So you mean Blight is wrong ? Take it up with him. What would he know?
Are saying coaches don’t get sacked mid year? Are you saying coaches don’t feel the pressure if they lose 3 in a row?Are saying coaches would not rather get there wins early?

I am saying that Blight is overly pessimistic with his comments, however those comments make sense when you consider that he got sacked from two clubs despite achieving a lot of success at both clubs he got the sack from.

There is no hard metric for W/L that would make a coach uneasy about their tenure, and to say that there is simplisitc. Coaches get sacked mid year all the time, however those circumstances are a culmination of many different factors.

I also think you are being overly reactionary. Both Richmond and West Coast (and quite possibly many other clubs) lost three in a row in their most recent premiership years. Three losses in a row is no reason for a coach to be concerned in and of itself unless there are other significant factors at play.

I am saying that Blight is overly pessimistic with his comments, however those comments make sense when you consider that he got sacked from two clubs despite achieving a lot of success at both clubs he got the sack from.

There is no hard metric for W/L that would make a coach uneasy about their tenure, and to say that there is simplisitc. Coaches get sacked mid year all the time, however those circumstances are a culmination of many different factors.

I also think you are being overly reactionary. Both Richmond and West Coast (and quite possibly many other clubs) lost three in a row in their most recent premiership years. Three losses in a row is no reason for a coach to be concerned in and of itself unless there are other significant factors at play.

Just in case you thought Blighty was all pessimistic about the coaching caper.
He also said if you win 2 in row ..it doesn't matter how crap you have been going .. the pressure lifts. 2 is the magic number in Blights book.

Only gonna say this once.......WC would have killed for Richmonds draw last year. wondering if Richmond supporters would honestly say the same, that is, take on W.C draw?
They would just say our draw was easy!!

Interstate teams who have to travel greater distances and play very few games per year on the ground where the GF is played have a disadvantage, this isn't even debateable.

Just a left over cause of Victoria starting up the VFL/AFL, nothing hard to understand about it really, it's impossible to make everything fair for every club, hopefully the AFL will continue to try and even up the distances and home G advantages ect but in the mean time accept the reality and stop sooking.

And don't reply with some snarky comment about Geelong, as I don't care, I am not a Geelong Cats gang member, I don't believe in or follow everything our club/supporters say to the death as we have our sooks too :rolleyes:

I am tipping Bulldogs or GWS for the flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back