Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I just find it funny that so many of you jump on the hook for him. I admit I had a look on your board and couldn’t believe it. Who cares about Kane Cornes? Especially after a flag

I think what is evident is that the AFL screwed up not scheduling us twice last year.
Agree with you 100%. Reckon Rioli is a big loss for you guys, and Nic Nat and Kennedy are on their last legs. But Kelly will be big for you guys next year.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
So now it’s 10 games in a row? Think you’re confusing us with Collingwood 2010.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I did get the stat mixed up slightly.

It was the period leading into and including the grand final. Richmond played 1 game outside of Melbourne and the MCG inside 10 games and 12 weeks leading to and including the grand final.

So in the last three months of the season the Tigers travelled only once and played 9 out of 10 games at their home ground.

But you already knew that.

No other side was gifted such a soft, beneficial fixture. Not even close. No wonder the the grand final was such a one sided bore fest.

At least AFL House has corrected it's error in judgement in 2020.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Agree with you 100%. Reckon Rioli is a big loss for you guys, and Nic Nat and Kennedy are on their last legs. But Kelly will be big for you guys next year.

Kennedy in the same boat as Reiwauldt and Houli is getting long in the tooth. He may even join Rance pursuing social work and religious pursuits outside of football.

Every team has good players in the twilight of their careers. Not just the Eagles.

C Heston

Team Captain
Dec 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Kennedy in the same boat as Reiwauldt and Houli is getting long in the tooth. He may even join Rance pursuing social work and religious pursuits outside of football.

Every team has good players in the twilight of their careers. Not just the Eagles.
Riewoldt is coming off a 6 goal game in the Grand Final while Houli is coming off a near BOG performance in the Grand Final and an AA selection.

Kennedy is coming off an absolute mare which was indicative of his season.

Kennedy, Jetta and Hurn are cooked. Rioli is gone. Your depth stinks. If the injuries pile up, you are done.

Boston tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2010
Where it all began
AFL Club
Richmond
I just assumed that you and I were similar ages given that we are communicating on the internet. Never realised dudes your age used internet forums...

What was it like barracking for a traditional powerhouse club and seeing an expansion club from out West assert themselves as a powerhouse club on and off the field while your club was the laughing stock of the competition? I am sure it stung, which is probably why you are in this thread taking pot shots at us West Coast fans.

Jealousy is a terrible thing :(

I’m leaving on a jet plane don’t know when I’ll back again ...

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

Yep we are on the same page here. Reckon Eagles have one year to contest. Richmond have one, two max.
GWS are the greatest threat to both, but there is always a team that rises up to contest that not many expect.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Riewoldt, Houli and Edwards are all older than Jetta and all are a huge one year younger than Kennedy and Hurn.

Kennedy has been a great player but age has caught up with him. One more year max. Houli has come off an AA year but 2020 is probably his last season as well. Edwards has been massive for us as has Hurn for you guys and think both have two left. I’m not really sure why Jetta is mentioned in this group but his best is probably well behind him.

Yep we are on the same page here. Reckon Eagles have one year to contest. Richmond have one, two max.
GWS are the greatest threat to both, but there is always a team that rises up to contest that not many expect.

The cliff sometimes comes sooner than you think, for West Coast it's also recent history.

I'm wary but optimistic that we have a solid window for two seasons before we have to recharge.

Kennedy has been a great player but age has caught up with him. One more year max. Houli has come off an AA year but 2020 is probably his last season as well. Edwards has been massive for us as has Hurn for you guys and think both have two left. I’m not really sure why Jetta is mentioned in this group but his best is probably well behind him.

Your fellow Richmond fan seems to think Jetta, Hurn and Kennedy are done. Kennedy is indeed on his last legs judging from 2019 but the other two isn't borne by the evidence so far.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Kennedy has one more year left 2020 will be it. Hurn also has one year left. Jetta ball use is elite so he stays. This is probably our last shot at it before JK, Hurn retire

Dusty0004

Cancelled
Dec 29, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I did get the stat mixed up slightly.

It was the period leading into and including the grand final. Richmond played 1 game outside of Melbourne and the MCG inside 10 games and 12 weeks leading to and including the grand final.

So in the last three months of the season the Tigers travelled only once and played 9 out of 10 games at their home ground.

But you already knew that.

No other side was gifted such a soft, beneficial fixture. Not even close. No wonder the the grand final was such a one sided bore fest.

At least AFL House has corrected it's error in judgement in 2020.

so the first half of the season doesn’t count? This argument is rediculously unbalanced and has been argued a million times. Richmond in my opinion over achieved in the first half of the season considering the amount we were on the road and with the amount of injuries and unavailabilities. This allowed us to set up the back half of the year. we only needed to drop 1 of those games we weren’t expected to win for eg Port or Freo and we miss the top 4.
WCE shat the bed twice in last 2 weeks giving up a 5 goal lead against Richmond and losing to Hawthorn. Win either of those the whole dynamics of the finals changes. So blaming the fixture is over looking the Eagles own short comings. As for 2020 the eagles are 1 of 4 teams I give a better then even money chance of winning it. Elite midfield. My only concern of the Eagles is the ageing legs in the front half and the reliability of Nic Nat.
they’re as good a chance as any

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
so the first half of the season doesn’t count? This argument is rediculously unbalanced and has been argued a million times. Richmond in my opinion over achieved in the first half of the season considering the amount we were on the road and with the amount of injuries and unavailabilities. This allowed us to set up the back half of the year. we only needed to drop 1 of those games we weren’t expected to win for eg Port or Freo and we miss the top 4.
WCE shat the bed twice in last 2 weeks giving up a 5 goal lead against Richmond and losing to Hawthorn. Win either of those the whole dynamics of the finals changes. So blaming the fixture is over looking the Eagles own short comings. As for 2020 the eagles are 1 of 4 teams I give a better then even money chance of winning it. Elite midfield. My only concern of the Eagles is the ageing legs in the front half and the reliability of Nic Nat.
they’re as good a chance as any

Oh boo ******* hoo. You had to travel interstate 3 times in the first 12 rounds, we had twice as many flights in the same amount of time (6). Additionally, you also got to play in your state for consecutive weeks 3 times (rnds 1-2, 5-7 and 9-12), while we got that once in the same period (rnds 4-5). Don't act as though your travel burden in the first half of 2019 was in the slightest bit difficult.

Dusty0004

Cancelled
Dec 29, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Oh boo ******* hoo. You had to travel interstate 3 times in the first 12 rounds, we had twice as many flights in the same amount of time (6). Additionally, you also got to play in your state for consecutive weeks 3 times (rnds 1-2, 5-7 and 9-12), while we got that once in the same period (rnds 4-5). Don't act as though your travel burden in the first half of 2019 was in the slightest bit difficult.

fact of the matter is you shat the bed. The only finger you can point is at the failure of your own side. Keep making excuses whilst I kick back and enjoy being premiers. Something you or no one else can take of us. Etched it history forever. So boo hoo yourself get over it

C Heston

Team Captain
Dec 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
You had no issues winning the flag last year. What changed? Couldn’t get a Bradbury run into the GF again?

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
fact of the matter is you shat the bed. The only finger you can point is at the failure of your own side. Keep making excuses whilst I kick back and enjoy being premiers. Something you or no one else can take of us. Etched it history forever. So boo hoo yourself get over it

Another fact of the matter is you had one of the easiest runs to the GF in recent memory. Don't act as though it is anything but. I'm not trying to compensate for my own team not winning the premiership; I'm simply questioning why you got such a onesided fixture. Stop being so narrow minded and actually consider, for a single second, that another view exists apart from your own.

You had no issues winning the flag last year. What changed? Couldn’t get a Bradbury run into the GF again?

We would've this year if we got seven consecutive games at Optus to finish the season, with four of those against top 8 opponents. We also had to play a Vic team at their own home ground, despite the fact we finished higher. We also lost 3 of our best players in the lead up, and had to win from 5 goals down in the first quarter. So no, we didn't get your bullshit run into the GF this year.

C Heston

Team Captain
Dec 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Another fact of the matter is you had one of the easiest runs to the GF in recent memory. Don't act as though it is anything but. I'm not trying to compensate for my own team not winning the premiership; I'm simply questioning why you got such a onesided fixture. Stop being so narrow minded and actually consider, for a single second, that another view exists apart from your own.

We would've this year if we got seven consecutive games at Optus to finish the season, with four of those against top 8 opponents. We also had to play a Vic team at their own home ground, despite the fact we finished higher. We also lost 3 of our best players in the lead up, and had to win from 5 goals down in the first quarter. So no, we didn't get your bullshit run into the GF this year.
You were belted by Hawthorn at home so don’t you try and use travel as an excuse. We all know you’re just not good enough.

WCE fans overrate their side like no other.

Dusty0004

Cancelled
Dec 29, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

Well you wouldn’t have because you would have had 7 in a row away from home in the first half of the year so you would have been behind the 8 ball before you got there. The 7 in a row was a quirk no doubt and I’m not narrow minded. However our draw is exactly the same every year with the amount of MCG games it was just we got a stretch of away games against co tenants in the 2nd half of the year. This argument has been going on for months but you silly westies can’t get your head around it.
I will ensure we lobby the AFL to play the return game against Collingwood or Melbourne on Uluru.

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
You were belted by Hawthorn at home so don’t you try and use travel as an excuse. We all know you’re just not good enough.

WCE fans overrate their side like no other.

Not as much as you do, considering you consider the junktime performances of Houli and Riewoldt to be evidence that they are in better shape then JK or Hurn. Calling our premiership a Bradbury is an absolute joke, as well, given the fact you just had one of the easiest runs to the GF in recent memory.

I'm not trying to compensate for my own team, we s**t the bed, I admit that. It doesn't take away from the fact you got a ridiculously unfair fixture.

Well you wouldn’t have because you would have had 7 in a row away from home in the first half of the year so you would have been behind the 8 ball before you got there. The 7 in a row was a quirk no doubt and I’m not narrow minded. However our draw is exactly the same every year with the amount of MCG games it was just we got a stretch of away games against co tenants in the 2nd half of the year. This argument has been going on for months but you silly westies can’t get your head around it.
I will ensure we lobby the AFL to play the return game against Collingwood or Melbourne on Uluru.

It's not a "quirk", it's something that comprimises the fairness of the competition. How does it make sense that the team who finished top of the table the before, gets 7 consecutive games at their home ground to end the season, 4 of those against top 8 teams? How is that reflective of the fact they finished top of the table and were only a win away from the GF the year before?

You're still not looking at it from a different POV.

Last edited:

Dusty0004

Cancelled
Dec 29, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Not as much as you do, considering you consider the junktime performances of Houli and Riewoldt to be evidence that they are in better shape then JK or Hurn. Calling our premiership a Bradbury is an absolute joke, as well, considering the fact you just had one of the easiest runs to the GF in recent memory.

I'm not trying to compensate for my own team, we s**t the bed, I admit that. It doesn't take away from the fact you got one of the most onsided fixtures in recent memory.

It's not a "quirk", it's something that comprimises the fairness of the competition. How does it make sense that the team who finished top of the table the before, gets 7 consecutive games at their home ground to end the season, 4 of those against top 8 teams? How is that reflective of the fact they finished top of the table and were only a win away from the GF the year before?

You're still not looking at it from a different POV.
I did and I acknowledged it. You need to acknowledge that there is no alternative unless we start playing MCG tenants away from the MCG. You continue on this vein of petulant sooking makes it so much sweeter.
As for 2020 the Eagles are as good a chance as any. But unfortunately even if we were to beat you in a Grand Final it won’t be acknowledged by you pack of sooks.

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I did and I acknowledged it. You need to acknowledge that there is no alternative unless we start playing MCG tenants away from the MCG. You continue on this vein of petulant sooking makes it so much sweeter.
As for 2020 the Eagles are as good a chance as any. But unfortunately even if we were to beat you in a Grand Final it won’t be acknowledged by you pack of sooks.

Really? How is it so difficult to formalise the fixture in such a way that a team, who finished top of the ladder the year before, isn't given 7 consecutive home games? How is it so impossible? You didn't solely play against MCG tenants, either - 4 of your opponents were from interstate.

Dusty0004

Cancelled
Dec 29, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Really? How is it so difficult to formalise the fixture in such a way that a team, who finished top of the ladder the year before, isn't given 7 consecutive home games? How is it so impossible? You didn't solely play against MCG tenants, either - 4 of your opponents were from interstate.

cool we play them away which means we get Freo and port at home at the start of the year which we won anyway. Maybe we can throw Adelaide in there as well who can’t seem to beat us at the MCG. Hell we may have ended with an extra win and not had to have travelled to Brisbane at all. It’s a rediculous argument. Stop sooking and move on to 2020 which your team is a fair show. Your wasting too much energy focusing on something that’s done.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

I'm tipping Hurn will be done at the end of 2020 along with Kennedy.

Will bow out together with their 2nd premiership medals. ;) :cool: :thumbsu:

Back