West Coast's fitness ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe 10 goals 19 points was the difference?
Nah its was the fitness. Port used their sub amazingly - see Gray run out the game while Priddis couldn't get near it.

No excuses it was a pathetic effort, kinda like this thread.

Maybe 10 goals 19 points was the difference?
Nah its was the fitness. Port used their sub amazingly - see Gray run out the game while Priddis couldn't get near it.

No excuses it was a pathetic effort, kinda like this thread.

No room for excuses here mate, you guys choked big time. Ran outta breath, ran outta heart.

There is already a thread about West Coast on the main board. Perhaps you could have posted in that instead of creating a new one.

I'm sure there is plenty of threads about other teams as well.... ok, maybe you should put forward your idea to the mod's , make it so there is only 18 threads for 18 teams...there ya go. fixed. lol ya dumb tool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

40 plus points up , Port started coming back halfway through the third.... what do you put it down to? please, its a serious question.
Port applying the required amount of defensive pressure, as well as scoring with a high degree of efficiency in the last half of the third and final quarter.

Our players had wasted a number of opportunities early, to a degree that is inexcusable, but then completely folded when pressure was applied.

Maybe being one down early had a slight impact, but really this and an imagined lack of fitness had little to do with the result.

Bad kicking is bad football. Lack of composure under pressure is bad football. Port to their credit, were a quality enough side to expose our deficiencies in this reguard and snatch a thoroughly deserved win.

More power to them.

ok .. I will wait for you all to settle down, then we can be a bit more constructive about it.

First half was Port Adelaide playing poorly and not manning up and not West Coast playing well.

We couldn't even get a winnable lead despite this due to piss weak goal kicking under no pressure.

As soon as Port Adelaide manned up and played well they dominated.

Its our kicking. It happened to us over the last couple of seasons too but not as bad obviously. When we keep peppering the goal for a half with no return it drains us physically and mentally. Opposition comes out with a bit of hope and a couple of quick goals and its over. I knew it would happen tonight at half time. Was just a case of if we could hold on

A number of players supposedly set high personal standards with their pre season fitness but you wouldn't know it watching us play with so little intensity around the ball.
The team mix is not right. The team is capable of way more than we've seen but it will be a long season if the right mix isn't found (on and off the field).

who knows.... did you notice the question mark i placed after the title of this thread... ??? << theres three of them, just in case you didnt know what one looked like.
yeah i did. your question was answered above though, but you didn't accept it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back