1) Hawks
2) Dockers
3) Eagles/Bombers/Cats

Midfield:
1) Cats
2) Swans
3) Hawks/Pies
16) Eagles

I only see Melbourne's midfield as definitely worse than the eagles. And even then, players like Tyson and Jones would walk into the Eagles midfield. GWS have a worse midfield too, but have significantly more scope for improvement than the Eagles, in which I can only see Shuey becoming a top 10 mid.

They have what it takes, but they need Shuey to become the 30 disposals per game, 30 goals a year midfielder. Masten to keep producing as he is, for he is their next best mid IMO. And they need a big bodied top ball winner with excellent disposal and inside grunt work, like Kennedy. And there you have a flag.
Third best bookends in the comp, Bullshit!

That is true if you ignore Jon Griffin.
I wouldn't be banking on him either if I was a Freo supporter, in fact given Clarkes relative youth and superior athletic ability I'd be inclined to go with him.

No way. Hawks are only good defensively because they don't make mistakes but just watch the geelong game (or the sydney game, but geelong is a better example and hawks closer to full strength)
Without lake they fall apart against a good forward with a midfield that delivers. Hawthorn might be good defensively statistically but that's the midfield's effort, not the backlines.

Same goes for Dockers, they have 2 A graders (Not bad at all) but it's the defensive structures that make the backline look better then it actually is.

My top 3
1. Eagles
2. Sydney
3. Geelong

At full strength we have Hurn (easily AA level IMO better then Hodge-and I rate hodge),
Mackenzie (as good as any tall defender in the league, kept hawkins quiet when hawkins had a constant stream of delivery from the midfield- where against the hawks he kicked 5 with less then half the supply he did against us)
Bennel (yes I said it, we've de-melbournised him and now he's consistently in our top 5), Glass (never loses at ground level often wins 1 on 1s sometimes 1 on 2 as well he's just so strong and reads the play like a genius- I'll admit he gets away with murder with the umps on occasion though), Waters (but he's never uninjured :() and Sheppard (like bennel he's really starting to stand up this year) We also have depth in brown and Adam carter (Carter ought to be getting games imo, maybe in the midfield)
I've made my case for Eagles anyway, if we had the defensive structures of freo and the midfield of any top 4 team we'd probably set a record with that amazing backline.
But our midfield is so utterly s**t that we'd be lucky to finish top 10, while being the 12th best team (our fixture is nice ;)) I think only GWS has a worse one, and that's because they're young. (they also have stars back and forward)

TO other eagles supporters: WHY ISN'T CARTER GETTING GAMES? Is he injured? if not we should definitely drop hutchings for him

Really? You can't be serious, the only facet of the game that Hurn might eclipse Hodge is kicking depth and accuracy.

29 next year and coming off a knee injury? I wouldn't think he's got much left in him personally

No, I wouldn't expect you to mate.

Has looked excellent in his return to the WAFL and will be pushing for selection soon, sorry to dash your hopes but big Jon isn't finished just yet kaney. Will go around at least a couple of years after Sandi goes which in case you missed it was the point I was making.

No way. Hawks are only good defensively because they don't make mistakes but just watch the geelong game (or the sydney game, but geelong is a better example and hawks closer to full strength)
Without lake they fall apart against a good forward with a midfield that delivers. Hawthorn might be good defensively statistically but that's the midfield's effort, not the backlines.

Same goes for Dockers, they have 2 A graders (Not bad at all) but it's the defensive structures that make the backline look better then it actually is.

My top 3
1. Eagles
2. Sydney
3. Geelong

At full strength we have Hurn (easily AA level IMO better then Hodge-and I rate hodge), Mackenzie (as good as any tall defender in the league, kept hawkins quiet when hawkins had a constant stream of delivery from the midfield- where against the hawks he kicked 5 with less then half the supply he did against us)
Bennel (yes I said it, we've de-melbournised him and now he's consistently in our top 5), Glass (never loses at ground level often wins 1 on 1s sometimes 1 on 2 as well he's just so strong and reads the play like a genius- I'll admit he gets away with murder with the umps on occasion though), Waters (but he's never uninjured :() and Sheppard (like bennel he's really starting to stand up this year) We also have depth in brown and Adam carter (Carter ought to be getting games imo, maybe in the midfield)
I've made my case for Eagles anyway, if we had the defensive structures of freo and the midfield of any top 4 team we'd probably set a record with that amazing backline.
But our midfield is so utterly s**t that we'd be lucky to finish top 10, while being the 12th best team (our fixture is nice ;)) I think only GWS has a worse one, and that's because they're young. (they also have stars back and forward)

TO other eagles supporters: WHY ISN'T CARTER GETTING GAMES? Is he injured? if not we should definitely drop hutchings for him

Is this guy serious?

Really? You can't be serious, the only facet of the game that Hurn might eclipse Hodge is kicking depth and accuracy.
Is this guy serious?
Dead serious.
Just have a look at hurn when we play collingwood, he kills it whenever he plays. The game against GWS was actually an off game. Honestly thought he would be AA last year before he got injured and he began making a claim this year before... injuries :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this guy serious?
First of all Aussie Rocker is on some weird drugs. Screwed how he rates his team better than both of ours.. we got 75 points against them earlier in the year can't wait until your club gets 120+ :thumbsu: What makes it funnier and is that before he gets demolished by Hawks he will get annihilated against Collingwood then decimated against North and after your match will get beaten by Gold Coast.

Poor West Coast looking at a 4-8 on the ladder heading into Round 14 and even then I have them losing a minimum of another 5 matches after that.

First of all Aussie Rocker is on some weird drugs. Screwed how he rates his team better than both of ours.. we got 75 points against them earlier in the year can't wait until your club gets 120+ :thumbsu: What makes it funnier and is that before he gets demolished by Hawks he will get annihilated against Collingwood then decimated against North and after your match will get beaten by Gold Coast.

Poor West Coast looking at a 4-8 on the ladder heading into Round 14 and even then I have them losing a minimum of another 5 matches after that.
Where did he say this?

The fact he said he rates your defense better than my team is hilarious, don't respond because we beat you by 75.. Jokester Aussie Rocker should head back to the Bay because that is beyond a troll
Tell me where he said West Coast are better than Geelong. I'm curious. Or are you bullshitting like you usually do?

huh?
Don't rate us as even top 8 atm but I rate our backline as good as the best and our forward line very highly.

When you have a high performing midfield that's not giving up points it helps the backline immensely, our backline isn't getting that support but still doing alright for itself.

But even claiming you have one of the best backlines is very questionable

in 2013 West Coast ranked 15th of total points conceded.

On what basis is the claim made?
They're now the 4th least however that guy just said his defense is better than ours considering we destroyed them by 75 and we're first at defense.

huh?
Don't rate us as even top 8 atm but I rate our backline as good as the best and our forward line very highly.

When you have a high performing midfield that's not giving up points it helps the backline immensely, our backline isn't getting that support but still doing alright for itself.
Don't worry with 13 losses at the end of the year you may land your team a solid gem.

Tell me where he said West Coast are better than Geelong. I'm curious. Or are you bullshitting like you usually do?
He clearly rated your backline over ours despite us destroying your team by 75 now that's enough. Troll needs to go back to the bay. Before the old fashioned excuses come along, we were missing players too...

huh?

I think we agree to disagree

He clearly rated your backline over ours despite us destroying your team by 75 now that's enough. Troll needs to go back to the bay. Before the old fashioned excuses come along, we were missing players too...
So he didn't say West Coast are a better team than Geelong?

It's clear who the troll here is if you want to go there. never mentioned any excuses, never even said west coast were top 4 or better then any club, except GWS. On top of that I said our backline is top- not our defense as a whole: there's a difference.
Sorry did I offend your mighty geelong team by suggesting it had the 3rd best defense in the league? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back