West End Brewery

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if the rise of craft beer has cut their business down.

I haven't had west end I think for 20+ years, since the days of 50c beers during happy hour in the Adelaide uni bar.

But if west end will go away, is the brand gone too? They won't make it elsewhere and ship it in? So their market share for draught beer will be replaced with some bullshit like XXXX? ugh.

I think craft beer has definitely driven sales down, but apparently they’ve decided to close due to a decrease on beer sales in general. obviously not the beverage of choice during lockdown.

I haven't had west end I think for 20+ years, since the days of 50c beers during happy hour in the Adelaide uni bar.

But if west end will go away, is the brand gone too? They won't make it elsewhere and ship it in? So their market share for draught beer will be replaced with some bullshit like XXXX? ugh.
I saw a different report where they would continue making West End Draught and "Suffolk" Bitter lol at another Lion location

Yeah it's still going to be made just somewhere else. I had a few commiserations red tins last night still. Gets a bad wrap that beer.

Wasn't a very viable factory when you think about it. They couldn't really re brand or just make different beers like Coopers has done successfully. Surprised there were less than 100 workers at the site.

Would be an ideal site for residential but no doubt will be filled with ticky tacky shitboxes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back