West Footscray Roosters History

Remove this Banner Ad

Lavan Ruban

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hey guys,

I am an Assistant Reporter for the Western Region Football League, generally covering Division 1 Under 18 matches. However, this week, I have been assigned another article, covering the club history of the West Footscray Football Club, aka the Roosters.

I will be making calls to the relevant people at the club for my article, however, I was wondering if anyone had any information relating to the club. Any valuable tidbits of information which the club is proud of, let me know!

This will be going in next week's record, Issue 5. It will be available to purchase on the 11th of May.

Very proud club, best moment was the 2007 senior/ reserves premierships- Coached by Bones McGhie. Then the follwing season only 14 premiership players remained. West have a loyal band of supporters who r there week in week out, but in saying that some have dropped of due to past performances of the last 5 years .It would be great to see this great club get back to where they should be. I have just signed up to come back and do what i can to try and get this club some big win gee do we need em

Very proud club, best moment was the 2007 senior/ reserves premierships- Coached by Bones McGhie. Then the follwing season only 14 premiership players remained. West have a loyal band of supporters who r there week in week out, but in saying that some have dropped of due to past performances of the last 5 years .It would be great to see this great club get back to where they should be. I have just signed up to come back and do what i can to try and get this club some big win gee do we need em

Thank you all, especially Western Star33, for the information supplied. There is an article on West Footscray's history in Issue 5 of the WRFL Record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back