FB:
PhilthyPhill - Roostergal4eva - WGFY
HB: TommyJay - BigSexc - Sivart
C: Syrus - Striker475 - ThePuppetMaster
HF: StabbyMcgee - Jobe3Votes - DjcjDees
FF: Gazza_11 - DemonJim - AllenJakovich13
R: Demon_86 - nickgrant69 - Wise Guy Sam
INT: Melbournemartin - Tap_My_Scott

The West Gate Trolls were first founded as a Qooty Club alongside an official Sweet F.A Expansion bid seeking entrance into the League in Season 14, with a group of largely new players looking to find a home under the Bridge. The Trolls S14 bid was rejected by then-Admin boncer34, but has re-emerged under the spiritual guidance of original founders Striker475 and Topkent. Also joining the bid are a host of promising and established Qootiers to push for a return after 10 long seasons in exile, and make a glorious first appearance in Season 24 of the Sweet F.A.

With a solid and established group of posters and a deep team full of leadership quality, the goal for the Trolls is to welcome in a majority new team to the League that is focused on posting quality and having a good time as a Club. The Trolls are planning on submitting a team list of 10 Current players, and 13 New players to ensure a healthy balance, and so no existing team is weakened to the point of capitulation by the expansion bid. We strongly believe we have the plan, and the people to bring expansion to the League next season in a viable and positive way.

357045_12e766ad5c45a5ab0bb988627c6aaf7b.png

1. BRAB (Demons Star and Equal Best Poster in the League with Blacky; Co-Captain of the Trolls in S24)
4. nahnah (Gun young Roys player and a Dark Horse for the S23 EKA)
5. Nakia (Royals stalwart, League superstar of 134 Games experience)
8. Elton Johns Wig (Established Hawks midfielder and one of the Season 23 EKA favourites)
15. Golumless (Former wonders Captain, Champion Full Forward and Season 23 Swamprat)
16. LicoriceAllsorts (Current Wonders Captain and Rated 99 overall in HaroLad's Poster Rankings)
35. Striker475 (Returning Club Founder and Heart and Soul of the Trolls)
36. Apex36 (Exciting new Rookie from the Pies board with plenty of potential)
47. tgrs (Furies Vice-Captain; Co-Captain of the Trolls in S24)
97. dennis crumpet (Dragons Star and S22 Beez MVP Runner Up, ALL-SFA Forward Pocket)
x. Wise Guy Sam (Season 15 Mobbs Medallist, Original Troll and Current Dire-wolf)
x. Rodney Dangerfield (Former Furies star, Current Demons star, Originator of the Kiss of Death)
x. Topkent (Original Club Founder and returning player to the Sweet F.A)
x. Proper Gander (Promising new player recruited from the Melbourne Board)

We Are The West Gate Trolls. #TrollsFor24

Last edited:

Also, congratulations are in order for both BRAB and tgrs on accepting the co-captaincy position after being unanimous choices.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And just on a personal note...

Back in S13, we launched an audacious bid for a new franchise, the West Gate Trolls. At the time it was centred around the Melbourne board, with a number of posters, both existing SFA players and newbies, keen to create a legacy for the SFA. This was before the puny Swamprats, the strange Royals, the wimpy Warriors and the quite frankly idiotic Bears.

The Trolls had a vision. An idea of taking the league by the throat, of quality posting and laughs helping to boost the SFA. Particularly, it was my vision, along with Topkent. We sunk time, effort and creativity into the bid, PMing and haggling to try and get people on board.

Unfortunately we were unsuccessful. "Too many rookies", "no interest". Despite having a full team ready, we were left to join other teams.

It wasn't the same for me. I couldn't get motivated about the Gumbies like I could the Trolls - Spotswood Park kept calling.

Over the years, I continued to receive PMs. Trying to lure me back in.

But I'm a loyalist. I can't betray my Trolls. The Trollettes have been lonely without their leader. Spotswood Park was left abandoned. But it's home for me. It's home for Topkent. And it should rightfully be an SFA home.

Despite some issues with a certain Baghdad Bomber, we're ready. We've got fourteen posters ready to go, four of them either returning to the SFA or keen rookies. We're in discussions with others. We want this.

Additionally, it's not going to be a drain on any one team. The posters are spread evenly across all sides - we're only taking one poster from each team, with the exception of the Demons who are losing two.

Moreover, it's right for the SFA. Most teams have been struggling to get everyone on field, with many having additional posters compared to what they can field on match day. Spreading the talent slightly will do wonders for the posting of the league.

The time for expansion is now. The time for the Trolls is now.

That list is strangely shorter than it was yesterday.

Good signs.
We're looking at having a large percentage of rookies filling the remaining necessary list requirement and we've haven't put a dent in any one side.

MS Paint?

Expansion bid now not considered a threat. Jog on, you bye-instigating fools.
Some of us aren't good at logo and jumper creation :(

Can see a wooden spoon happening in their first season. Not like it'll be successful anyway. Good try lads
You can see random sim results before they occur. Boy aren't you the prophet. :cool:

It's a talent I've possessed over the last 3 seasons. Try to keep up
A belated congratulations on your season 20, 21 and 22 premierships. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back