bards

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2006
Bunyip
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Blue-Jays, Broncos, Pacers, Everton
so with all appeals now finished, we have what looks to be a very strong and competitive league for 2017.
The league will consist of the following clubs.

Bunyip
Garfield
Nar Nar Goon
Cora Lynn
Koo Wee Rup
Kilcunda-Bass
Philip Island
Daylston
Inverloch-Kongwak
Korumburra-Bena

Great to have 10 sides, standard 18 round home and away season. Plenty of travel but will be good to play competitive football week after week.

So who has any news as far as player movement, coaching changes for their clubs, and how they think they will go?

I'm trying to find some copies or scanned copies of old Bass Valley-Wonthaggi DFL Records. Seeing as though most of the clubs are now in the West Gippsland League, I thought that this would be a good place to start. If someone can help me who has kept some since 1995, please PM me.

Thoughts on warragul dusties possibly moving into WGFL. I think they could be strong once they settle into the league

Thoughts on warragul dusties possibly moving into WGFL. I think they could be strong once they settle into the league

I reckon Warragul to West Gippsland is a great idea. They are capable of matching it in their & with the new hotel deal they will hopefully have the money to compete. If they want to grow & become bigger and better then WGFL is the way to go.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to get Drouin to WGFL in the near future, unlike the Gulls, Drouin cannot cope and are hurting. Everyone at Drouin wants a move but the dickheads at AFL Gippsland don't want it.
Who goes into the gippy league then. Can't have a 9 team major league.

Need to get Drouin to WGFL in the near future, unlike the Gulls, Drouin cannot cope and are hurting. Everyone at Drouin wants a move but the dickheads at AFL Gippsland don't want it.

Drouin should be in West Gippsland, the travel they have to do is ridiculous in Gippsland. They would be a good fit. They were originally a WGFL team so there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be again although it’s been good to see Jordi Kingi get them competitive again this year. If they recruit well over this off season & retain all their key players they could be a finals chance.

I am on the look out for some old 'Football Records' from the Bass Valley-Wonthaggi District Football League, which disbanded around 1995 and some of its past member clubs included Bena, Dalyston, Kilcunda Bass, Korumburra and Phillip Island.

Home and away or finals editions are fine. I would prefer hard copies but scans are fine as well.

Please message me if you can assist.

I am on the look out for some old 'Football Records' from the Bass Valley-Wonthaggi District Football League, which disbanded around 1995 and some of its past member clubs included Bena, Dalyston, Kilcunda Bass, Korumburra and Phillip Island.

Home and away or finals editions are fine. I would prefer hard copies but scans are fine as well.

Please message me if you can assist.
I’m also looking for these but to no avail so far.

The Foster Mirror posted the following on their Facebook page today:

"AFL Gippsland has received six notices of appeal relating to Ellinbank and District Football League’s response to transfer applications from Alberton Football Netball League clubs.

"All six member clubs of the AFNL submitted appeals against the EDFL’s decision to turn down the individual requests to join the league for season 2020 and the AFL Gippsland Region Commission now has until June 3 to provide a ruling.

"The Commission will meet with AFL Victoria representatives to discuss the situation and appeal hearing process.

"Given its role in the appeal process, AFL Gippsland will not offer any further comment on this matter until its conclusion."

---------------

Having a WGFNC Division 2 is still clearly the best option available and AFLG have to realise that it will have the least impact on the football landscape in Gippsland.

By adding the six AFNL clubs to the WGFNC, you will have 18 teams in a competition with a 10-8 split. The clubs will have the chance to 'find their level' over a 2-3 year period and by then, they will be part of a competition where there is better competitive balance. It will alleviate the disruption to other competitions and clubs like Hill End, Longwarry and Neerim-Neerim South won't have the prospect of long trips to places like Toora, Tarwin and Foster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back