West Gippsland Football Netball League 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

League was supposed to stay at 10 teams. Moving 2 back to Alberton will just kill whichever 2 it is. If I was a betting man I'd expect the league to breakaway from AFL Vic and rightly so

League was supposed to stay at 10 teams. Moving 2 back to Alberton will just kill whichever 2 it is. If I was a betting man I'd expect the league to breakaway from AFL Vic and rightly so
A certainty id say,West Gippsland is now a good standard comp and everyone is happy so don't * with it,Alberton is on its last legs and not many juniors and as sad as it is that league is stuffed and it won't make any difference putting 2 teams back there,those 2 will just go down with the rest as you say ,,besides the standard between the league's is massive now.

This might be of interest to the Phillip Island supporters. Love the name of the bloke on the far right in the back row.

Attachments

• Rhyll Football Team 1920.jpg
    Rhyll Football Team 1920.jpg
    933.7 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Korumburra and kilcunda bass in discussions with the ellinbank league about joining for season 2023,why not merge the west gippy and edfl,and have 2 division's,makes sense too me.

Korumburra and kilcunda bass in discussions with the ellinbank league about joining for season 2023,why not merge the west gippy and edfl,and have 2 division's,makes sense too me.
Division footy doesn't work, so often a team that doesn't finish bottom, bottoms out the next year, better off having a big comp play each other once and a top 8.

How many points do nar nar goon play off each week? Why sack the coach, why not recruit a couple of players, they might need 12_15 extra points to fit in the new coach and recruits and may not be a good fit with the locals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back