West Gippy Latrobe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sale won again today by about eight goals down at Moe still without Pendlbury ,Harris and the Power boys.Undefeated on top ,not a bad effort for a side that everybody wrote off at the start of the season.

was told by a bloke who plays for moe today that moe actually hit the front about halfway thru the 3rd quarter, then fell away. Moe were close to full strength he said with only 1 or 2 players to come in. sale looks like they are gonna be very tuff to beat

Sale are a better unit than last years model.
Much tougher physically and mentally tougher and playing very gutsy footy. Also there is alot of room for improvement with all those youngsters running round, all who are performing admirably and look like the future of the club.
another thing i noticed is that young Glenane doesnt seem to be getting much of a run, which i think is disappointing as he is an exciting, creative onballer/flanker with very polished skills. Thoughts anyone?

Glenane is a good player but it's his first year in seniors and Sale are in a fortunate position where they don't have to fast track any half decent footballer who is at the club at the moment into the firsts.It's very hard for him to find a permanent spot ATM when you have the likes of Coxy (the coach) Love ,Harris ,Laverty,K.Martin ,McAdam,Scoltes ,Jake Schuback and Michael Todd all in the midfield /flank area and all playing exceptionally well.Young Garret should be added to that list as well and these guys are all mature bodied players.I'm sure he will get a decent opportunitie at some stage.BTW ,it's good to finally see the interleague/country footy c'ships back in Gippsland this weekend and even better that it's played on the best ground East of Melbourne i.e Sale.

Jacko Glenane and Jas Garrett both have very very polished skills and were great under age players, greta to see they are getting a run in the firsts

Glenane is a good player but it's his first year in seniors and Sale are in a fortunate position where they don't have to fast track any half decent footballer who is at the club at the moment into the firsts.It's very hard for him to find a permanent spot ATM when you have the likes of Coxy (the coach) Love ,Harris ,Laverty,K.Martin ,McAdam,Scoltes ,Jake Schuback and Michael Todd all in the midfield /flank area and all playing exceptionally well.Young Garret should be added to that list as well and these guys are all mature bodied players.I'm sure he will get a decent opportunitie at some stage.BTW ,it's good to finally see the interleague/country footy c'ships back in Gippsland this weekend and even better that it's played on the best ground East of Melbourne i.e Sale.

Doubt it!

Yep Maffra rooms are easily the best in west gippy... Home rooms is like a bloody hotel. Best surface has to be Garfield now they did a very good job on that a few years back now. Spectating, Moe, Morwell and Sale in the granddstand are prob the best.

Yep Maffra rooms are easily the best in west gippy... Home rooms is like a bloody hotel. Best surface has to be Garfield now they did a very good job on that a few years back now. Spectating, Moe, Morwell and Sale in the granddstand are prob the best.
Given a good curator and generous water entitlements ,a good surface is not that hard to achieve providing it was sewn right when the ground was constructed.Facilities wise ,Maffra's have to be good because they're only a few years old and considering their previous facilities were such a disgrace for many years,the new ones had to be a vast improvement ,their surroundings though are too much like what the ground was meant for i.e showgrounds and as such has a sort of North Gippy type of feel to it and is crap for spectators compared to a lot of other grounds.You can't beat a packed Sale oval for a country footy atmosphere when the grandstand and the past players hill are full.Moe is a beautiful ground as well ,i don't know given it's centrality why they don't still play the grand final there.

Given a good curator and generous water entitlements ,a good surface is not that hard to achieve providing it was sewn right when the ground was constructed.Facilities wise ,Maffra's have to be good because they're only a few years old and considering their previous facilities were such a disgrace for many years,the new ones had to be a vast improvement ,their surroundings though are too much like what the ground was meant for i.e showgrounds and as such has a sort of North Gippy type of feel to it and is crap for spectators compared to a lot of other grounds.You can't beat a packed Sale oval for a country footy atmosphere when the grandstand and the past players hill are full.Moe is a beautiful ground as well ,i don't know given it's centrality why they don't still play the grand final there.

grass seeds>>>>>needle & thread. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It certainly does. I think it was under 18's match i played there and the whole centre square was pretty much just mud and you dead set thought you had walked into a pile of s**t. Needed to put knee high mockies on to get through it... :D

What do you mean 'Crap for Spectators' It's one of the few grounds where you can park your car on the fence and get an elevated look at the ground and see whats happening on the other side of the ground. FAir point Sale has the grandstand. But if you prefer the small space around the Sale oval with the hospital in the back ground compared to the open space of the Maffra that's your call. At least at Maffra you can park your car at the oval and not 6 blocks away. As for the best ground east of Melbourne, get real. To many Sale people can see proberly with the one back and one white eye. Must be somthing about the colours and the logo.

What do you mean 'Crap for Spectators' It's one of the few grounds where you can park your car on the fence and get an elevated look at the ground and see whats happening on the other side of the ground. FAir point Sale has the grandstand. But if you prefer the small space around the Sale oval with the hospital in the back ground compared to the open space of the Maffra that's your call. At least at Maffra you can park your car at the oval and not 6 blocks away. As for the best ground east of Melbourne, get real. To many Sale people can see proberly with the one back and one white eye. Must be somthing about the colours and the logo.
You have to get out of your car at Maffra because outside the oval boundary it runs uphill to the fence.I have spoken to Maffra players around the traps who enjoy playing at Sale and have actually said to me that in Maffra-Sale clashes played there they do not see Sale as having a home ground advantage because in a number seasons over the years they have played so many finals there against Valley teams.Anyway ,word is that the shire has plans to send us out to the new basketball stadium site when it is built and the oval is destined to become a heliport for the hospital and real estate so if it is in fact the best it may only have a few years left.

anyone seen the final inter-league squad for the weekend? im tipping our boys will win the comp and get back into divvy 1 where they belong:thumbsu:
West gippy won one game for the weekend against Bendigo and were pumped by both MPNFL and Geelong.By the look of it though ,it was far from the best side that we could've come up with .They were badly coached i thought as well ,in that against the MPNFL for instance the opposition were constantly rotating the midfielders on and off the bench throughout the whole game whereas our lineup did not appear to alter throughout the whole of the first half and as such the opposition appeared fresher and quicker all over the ground.The lightning premiership concept is bull$hit too ,they should go back to the old way of playing whole games on separate weekends.Lightning premierships are for kids ,too much risk of injury by going hard for an hour's footy then cooling down for a couple before playing another game.McAdam from Sale did a hammy in the second game because of it .There would be more players interested if it went back to the old way.

West gippy won one game for the weekend against Bendigo and were pumped by both MPNFL and Geelong.By the look of it though ,it was far from the best side that we could've come up with .They were badly coached i thought as well ,in that against the MPNFL for instance the opposition were constantly rotating the midfielders on and off the bench throughout the whole game whereas our lineup did not appear to alter throughout the whole of the first half and as such the opposition appeared fresher and quicker all over the ground.The lightning premiership concept is bull$hit too ,they should go back to the old way of playing whole games on separate weekends.Lightning premierships are for kids ,too much risk of injury by going hard for an hour's footy then cooling down for a couple before playing another game.McAdam from Sale did a hammy in the second game because of it .There would be more players interested if it went back to the old way.

'ere-'ere on all accounts.

im tipping a round of upsets this week. garfield to beat maffra and drouin to beat moe. i dunno why i think this tho......just trying to stir something up!:D

Pretty good call, if you ask me.
it was more arse than class! i still cant believe the scores from garfield v maffra game! unbelievable! and morwell beating sale has just opened up the competition. every team in the comp bar probably leongatha can play finals i think, the comp is so even! which makes it very interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back