West Gippy Latrobe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally admitted what everybody had already worked out for themselves-that his heart wasn't in it anymore partly because he now has a job offshore and has to divide his time from what i make of it.Word has it though that he may have put in for a clearance to Rosedale in the North Gippy.Some guys just get sick of football i suppose and that's no crime unless of course you're accepting big money from a country club in the process.
Clearances did close on 30th June and there was no clearance for him to leave Sale at all. I heard that he had a blue with the coach and Ast coach very early in the pre season. The fact he is not a big trainer had a fair bit to do with the early stand off.

Clearances did close on 30th June and there was no clearance for him to leave Sale at all. I heard that he had a blue with the coach and Ast coach very early in the pre season. The fact he is not a big trainer had a fair bit to do with the early stand off.

I believe the situation came to a head during the game against Maffra on the 22nd June. He subsequently contacted Maffra with a view to getting a clearance to the Eagles but my mail is they were not very keen and nothing came of it.

A player to look out for.

Luke Klasen 190 cm 90 kg. Key defensive player Sale U/18s

Strong overhead mark, great arial skills, couragous highflyer, luke hodge like penetrating left boot, chris judd acceleration, dangerous when making an option up forward, reads the play better than tom young, kicked the best goal seen in 20 years at the sale main oval (reverse torpedo from left forward pocket infront of past players hill), draft prospect this year potential to go top 10 since nomintating himself.

Get down to sale this weekend to watch the great man in action. likely to kick 11 from full back.

give us some feedback

Has anyone heard of luke klasen? i've been told he is a handy all-rounder for sale aswell

take burgiels out of maffra's side and they are nothing. proven against garfield, morwell and again on saturday against moe. and im loving it! go **** yourselves maffra!!!!!!:D

Thisisaname, you are a tool - and jealousy is a curse.
You're bagging a club that has essentially built its success around local players and promoting its juniors. There's plenty more going for that club than the Burgiel boys.
Just remember that anything can happen come finals time (although it is good to see a couple of the Latrobe Valley clubs in the mix this season).

it has nothing to do with jealousy little fella, just facts! i couldnt give 2 sh1ts where they get their players from! Facts are when only one of them burgiel brothers aint playing they are ordinary. smashed by garfield, morwell and moe and were lucky against poop like traralgon and leongatha.

Thisisaname is on the money ,though you can't hold it against Maffra for that .The fact is they are local lads (the Burgiels) but Maffra have been extremely fortunate that they never made it in the big smoke because they are both one or in this case two in a century players who are a cut above anybody else in the competition.They have had good juniors too over the last few years ,good but not good enough to get drafted unlike Sale or Traralgon's outstanding juniors over the same period who are all with AFL or VFL clubs ATM.Add to that the fact that most local lads don't like leaving the joint except of course to work in Sale (i.e those that aren't "fortunate" enough to work with Murray Goulbourn).The eagles are nothing without Adrian or Hayden though ,if you take the last two GF's for e.g Adrian won it in 2006 off his own boot and Hayden got em going last year when they needed it .Not to say the rest of the team aren't good players but there is no way that if either or both of the Burgs happened to be unavailable for their recent GF successes they would've won.Their recruiting system is pretty good too even in U/16's they get players from as far away as Phillip Island and Orbost to play in their fourths FFS (much to the disgust of a lot of local kid's parents whose sons miss out because of the ring-ins i might add.) No if the eagles don't win another GF for fifty yrs ,this recent period of dominance will be unequaled by any other club i think and won't be forgotten in a hurry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

..........Their recruiting system is pretty good too even in U/16's they get players from as far away as Phillip Island and Orbost to play in their fourths FFS (much to the disgust of a lot of local kid's parents whose sons miss out because of the ring-ins i might add.)

What a load of rubbish! You never give up bagging Maffra.
The u/16 kid from Phillip Island boards at the Grammar School - if the Sale hierarchy wern't so slack or if the club in general had something to offer he would be playing with Sale. The kid from Orbost - in 2006 - moved to Maffra with his family for 12 months.
How about you get some facts right before posting.
With regard to the Burgiel boys - Adrian didn't play in 2002 and we won. They both played in 2005 and we lost.
What would happen if you took every sides two best players out??
Jealousy is a curse.
Give it a rest PLEASE!

The u/16 kid from Phillip Island boards at the Grammar School - if the Sale hierarchy wern't so slack or if the club in general had something to offer he would be playing with Sale. The kid from Orbost - in 2006 - moved to Maffra with his family for 12 months.
With regard to the Burgiel boys - Adrian didn't play in 2002 and we won. They both played in 2005 and we lost.
Jealousy is a curse.
Give it a rest PLEASE!

we're talking about this season cobber.

Jealousy is a curse.
Give it a rest PLEASE!
The fact is ,it would be hard to pick the best two players from other clubs because no other club has two blatent standouts like the burgiel brothers.At Sale for instance who i see quite regularly as you could imagine ,i would be hard pressed to name our standout two best players ,it would be a matter for debate.At Maffra however that is definitely not the case ,Burgiels by a country mile they are a cut above anybody else in the comp.As for the recruiting ,it's a bit rough that Nick Heyne is registered to Maffra and as such they will get the money if and when he plays his first AFL game should he be drafted this year considering all his junior footy was played up Orbost way,i mean it's not as if those clubs up there would be rolling in dough is it? And i don't buy the argument put forward to me recently by a lot of Maffra folk that he wouldn't have got noticed if he hadn't come down to maffra to be registered by them (he hasn't played many games ).The guy is an obvious standout ,he'd get noticed anywhere .If that was the case then we could safely say that the Gippsland Power system doesn't work couldn't we ,i mean it's meant to uncover the best footballers from Pakenham to the border no matter where you play.Senior footballers are fair game to be recruited from anywhere but i know for a fact that Maffra FC are developing are crap reputation around Gippsland for trying to poach juniors from other clubs.I actually heard that during the recent u/16 state carnival one of their officials was told to fu$k off by one of the Power coaches for talking to U/16 gippy Power players from other towns about coming to Maffra .

Maffra shouldn't get a dime of the money. Orbost should, they developed him until power got a hold of him.

Once again you lot have got your facts WRONG. Nik Heyne is not registered with Maffra, has never played a game with Maffra and never will. He moved to Maffra to board with friends of the family to make it easier to get to power training. He will be playing with Orbost on August 2nd when Power have the bye.
Please get your facts right before mouthing off!
By the way, don't Sale have an u/16 player comong up from Bairnsdale to play?

A player to look out for.

Luke Klasen 190 cm 90 kg. Key defensive player Sale U/18s

Strong overhead mark, great arial skills, couragous highflyer, luke hodge like penetrating left boot, chris judd acceleration, dangerous when making an option up forward, reads the play better than tom young, kicked the best goal seen in 20 years at the sale main oval (reverse torpedo from left forward pocket infront of past players hill), draft prospect this year potential to go top 10 since nomintating himself.

Get down to sale this weekend to watch the great man in action. likely to kick 11 from full back.

give us some feedback

I've heard this guy is potentially the greatest footballer in the game. Bar none. The only thing will be that he is a chance to open the bowling for Australia in the Boxing Day Test this year, so, basically, he has to make the decision whether to sign a $800K a season football contract or take over the captaincy of the Test team from Ricky Ponting.

Also heard that he is packing heat downstairs.

Some recruiters are worried about his heroin addiction, however, after 9 years in rehab, it is believed he is finally getting a hold of his addiction.

Once again you lot have got your facts WRONG. Nik Heyne is not registered with Maffra, has never played a game with Maffra and never will. He moved to Maffra to board with friends of the family to make it easier to get to power training. He will be playing with Orbost on August 2nd when Power have the bye.
Please get your facts right before mouthing off!
By the way, don't Sale have an u/16 player comong up from Bairnsdale to play?

You quoted me yet i did not say he was or wasn't registered with Maffra. Get your facts right. Was just refering to what the previous poster said. Hardly mouthing off more like just giving my point of view. Would be unjust. I know what his situaton is. More likely to have a weekend off and rest.

No idea..

I've heard this guy is potentially the greatest footballer in the game. Bar none. The only thing will be that he is a chance to open the bowling for Australia in the Boxing Day Test this year, so, basically, he has to make the decision whether to sign a $800K a season football contract or take over the captaincy of the Test team from Ricky Ponting.

Also heard that he is packing heat downstairs.

Some recruiters are worried about his heroin addiction, however, after 9 years in rehab, it is believed he is finally getting a hold of his addiction.

didnt he win an australia wide ping pong comp last year but retire with a wrist complaint

You quoted me yet i did not say he was or wasn't registered with Maffra. Get your facts right. Was just refering to what the previous poster said. Hardly mouthing off more like just giving my point of view. Would be unjust. I know what his situaton is. More likely to have a weekend off and rest.

No idea..

ok, so I quoted the wrong person - sorry. But by saying that Maffra should not get any of the money you seemed to be infering that he was registered with Maffra. If you knew his situation you would know that Maffra will not get any money if he is drafted.
Probably his last chance to play with Orbost and his brother - pretty sure he will play.

Surly he will play with Orbost again. Alot of AFL players go back to their home clubs once they have finished up earing the big money. More so the country boys.

What if he gets a serious injury playing for Orbost? Im sure that would help his chance of getting drafted... Will just be whether he thinks its a rish worth taking.. Not that you cant get injured any old weekend... He did play every national championship game plus AIS tour so there is every chance he might just want a rest..

although Heyney isn't registered with Maffra, there are others who are.. such as Campbell Heath and even Jed Costigan.. but the fact of the matter is these boys want to play for Maffra because they go to school at Grammar and a few of their mates (ie. John Butcher) play there.. some people make such a big deal out of it but they'd be there regardless of how good they were.. its just they player for power that everyone has a cry.. reality is that Maffra is and always has managed their club and their players a lot better than Sale has... how much money does Sale waste on has beens or blokes who don't even want to be there? (i don't need to name names.. you all know who they are) that's not Maffra's fault.. Sale should have won a flag by now but poor management and an arrogant mentality has meant they haven't

i can't see what Maffra has done wrong.. (and i'm a Sale boy)

EDIT - Who is the Grammar boarder from Phillip Island?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back