West Ham United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 20, 2005
The Den
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
WHU, MVFC
It appears Parker will start against Everton.

Mullins won't get dropped because he scored so it looks like Collison will be omitted to the pine.

I say play Mullins, bring in Parker and keep Collison for a bit of much needed creativty.

Green
Neill Collins Upson Ilunga
Faubert Collison Parker Mullins Ethrington
Bellamy

ORIGINAL THREAD = http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346790

Re: West Ham Thread

You guys might have a new major shirt sponser... SBOBet for £1.9 million over the next 18 months.

Thats 400k more then the deal with XL. Still not the best news of the day. BG says hes considering selling the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Get in there :thumbsu:

Re: West Ham Thread

BG better sell up before January because we really need three key players to avoid relegation.

A forward, a CB and a CM.

As for sponsers, I don't care just get one so I can get my strip.

We were what, 8 mins away from taking 3 points and keeping a clean sheet.

Then our very poor defence can't hold on for 10 mins against an Everton side who was playing shite

Upson injury just tips me over the edge.

Ilunga and Faubert were both pathetic in the last 10 mins. Where in the blue **** was Ilunga for both of those goals. He wasnt in the centre. He wasnt on the left. WHERE THE **** WAS HE. Faubert is just a lazy ****. He could be good but its time to send him to reserves and tell him to play the percentages instead of trying to thread impossible passes every time.

I want to see our defence like

Green
Mullins Tomkins Upson Ilunga

Tell Ilunga to stay in defence and put in a ****en tackle. Hes played 10 games now and still hasnt got a yellow card. He needs to go in harder. Mullins to RB. Collins needs to learn to pick up a man. Upson better be fit.

The commentators claimed it was only a dead leg.

So he should be fine for next week.

Pretty weak effort not staying on if you have a 'corkie' though, harden up Upson.

Nah he definetly should of gone off but we definetly should of brought on a like for like replacement. I dont think Tomkins was even on the bench....

Nah he definetly should of gone off but we definetly should of brought on a like for like replacement. I dont think Tomkins was even on the bench....

Next week we should start with

Green
Neill Tomkins Upson Ilunga

Collins isn't good enough and I have my doubts over Neill as well.

We need to start our younger players like Collison and Sears because they have been outstanding.

I was a bit surprised when I didn't see Collison getting a start.

We should change our style of play, don't get me wrong its great to watch, but atm we need to grind out results. With injuries we just don't have the personal to play a pass and move style of football.

Come on Zola, get us out of this mess.

Faubert will be one of the players to be shipped out come Janaury I would guess. Has really shown nothing in an injury free season, and just doesn't look up to it.

I'd target a new right back, because I'm not sure Neill is going to be around either, a left winger and another striker.

Didn't see the game, and the result wasn't good, but at least it sounds like Jack Collison is coming along nicely. Probably been the shining light of the season so far.

How is Behrami coming a long?

Could be dead for all we know. Its been like this for a long time now. We get told NOTHING about injuries. When they are named we are like WTF, where did that come from. Could be out for the year, could be back next week. I dont even know what type of injury it is yet. They are saying calf but I guarantee you it was a quad injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cole..pfft.

I was prepared and almost expecting Faubert to show a bit this season but he has been pathetic. The guy has little to no foot skill what so ever, trying to make ridiculous passes every time he gets the ball and 90% of his crosses STILL end up in row Z.

Ilunga is starting to fall into Neills vein of play by becoming too lazy late in games, he needs to either pick up his fitness or stay back home more often, with a 4-3-3 theres less need for him to be running up to the box crowding the wings.

I think Neill is much more accountable in central defence and has done a pretty good job, despite us conceding every game.

Our shining lights are clearly Collison and Sears, and the play between Sears and Bellers is becoming more and more exciting. Eventually they will get on the end of a few goals, the signs are there, we outplayed both Everton and Borough by plenty for the majority of those games, so I think the wins are gonna come.

With Behrami and Ashton back and we'd be pretty right. But they aren't so...

Go back to the 4-3-3 this week.

Play Bellamy and Sears behind Cole, with Mullins, Parker and Collison in a 3 man midfield.

Faubert drops to the bench as does Boa Morte.

Go back to the 4-3-3 this week.

Play Bellamy and Sears behind Cole, with Mullins, Parker and Collison in a 3 man midfield.

Faubert drops to the bench as does Boa Morte.

Fauberts had a shocking run lately mainly because hes been moved all over the place and got no time to settle anywhere. Hopefully he can make a impact as a sub. I agree entirely with your team however I wouldnt be too upset if Tomkins got a gig ahead of Collins.

Fauberts had a shocking run lately mainly because hes been moved all over the place and got no time to settle anywhere. Hopefully he can make a impact as a sub. I agree entirely with your team however I wouldnt be too upset if Tomkins got a gig ahead of Collins.

The problem with Faubert, he's basically been found out as an out and out right winger.

With Zola's preferred 4-3-3 formation, Behrami is much more suited to playing the right midfield, because he looks adept enough in the middle and has the speed and stamina to go up and down the pitch.

Faubert's the 1st one I'd sell to bring some $$$ in. I'd be looking for an out and out right back, someone besides Bellamy who can play behind Cole (Di Michele ain't up to it, and Sears still needs more time).

Also debatable whether or not Ilunga is the man for the long - term at LB.

I watched a rather entertaining 0-0 draw last night.

Rob Green was outstanding and easily our best, denied Defoa with some stunning saves.

Craig Bellamy hit the bar from a free kick on the edge of the area.

Carlton Cole didn't do much on his return.

Valon Behrami started which was a surprise and he was very lively like usual, running his heart out.

But the most positive thing of the night is we kept a clean sheet and ended that woaful record in the Premier League thanks to Greeny's brilliance.

But we are still looming very close the the bottom of the table like most teams, so we need to win at home if we are to stay up in this tight comp.

Tottenham lost and are now 19th :D

I only saw the first 45 mins till my payed for stream decided id prefer to watch Blackburn vs Sunderland instead.

From the first 45, the problem was pure and simple. NO WIDTH. Zola needs to stop with this 4-3-3 rubbish until he gets the players capable of playing this system. Its just stupid to play blokes like Bellamy and Sears out of position to suit this stupid system. Were playing 3 upfront and still looking toothless infront of goal.

Was impressed by Collison again and our defence was very good. For Sunderland next week id go with

Green
Neill Upson Collins Ilunga
Behrami Collison Parker Boa Morte
Cole Bellamy.

Back to basics please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back