West Ham United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You've signed Guillermo Franco, a Mexican striker who played for Villareal the last few seasons and was released on a free. He's 32 now.

Arsenal fans will probably remember him from their CL semi final away - from memory he played the match of his life and was very unlucky not to score at least once.

I've always liked him. Bit of a supersub type of player.

Tell me Kompany, will he better than DiMichele and Tristan?

Just scored for Mexico in there World Cup qualifier last weekend. Dont think DiMichele or Tristan did that. Was about to sign for some Argentine club I cant spell but wants a chance in England. At 1 year worth 20k per week its a no risk win-win situation.

Not similar to any striker we have had in recent times. Best comparison would be Marlon Harewood. Cant head a ball but has good control with his chest and feet so he can hold play up a little bit

MUCH better than the other options around

Carlton Cole is clearly injured. Hobbled around for 40 of the 90 last night and didnt look anywhere near 100%. He needs to be fit. Sort it out medicos.

We miss Ilunga so badly its a bit scary. COME BACK HERITA!!!!!!! Thankfully Congo didnt qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations so hes with us all year. Easily our most important player. Gabbidon was as clueless as Spector at left back.

Only positive was Diamanti. Calling it early but hes gonna be G O O D. My pick for Hammer of the year already. That 20 mins was the best 20 mins of football ive seen in a Hammers shirt in a long time.

We miss Ilunga so badly its a bit scary. COME BACK HERITA!!!!!!! Thankfully Congo didnt qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations so hes with us all year. Easily our most important player. Gabbidon was as clueless as Spector at left back.

I think the lack of quality wingers whether we're playing 4-5-1 or 4-4-2, show just how important Faubert and Ilunga are when it comes to scoring goals, mainly because our central midfielders play so narrow and really don't get forward much.

And please, no more Noble as a RM. He's a CM, that's it.

Hopefully we can turn it around from here. Thank god GZ went 4 4 2, we've been crying out for 2 strikersup front for a while now.
The thing I'm getting most frustrated with, is the clear disadvantage some of our 'aggressive' players are receiving at the hands of the refs. How the fk did Scott Parker earn a 2nd yellow ffs? Seems you lay a finger on anyone from the big 4 and you're gonna be dealt with. That Liverpool game was an absolute joke.

F*CKING GET IN HINES IN THE 93' (I would have posted this earlier but BF is blocked at work).

Fantastic win over Villa, we deserved it in the end. (For those who didn't watch Hines won a penalty which Nobes converted in first half injury time, we then conceded a penalty which Green saved. Young then scored a wonder strike but Hines scored his first goal for us in injury time after Beye had been sent off).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see Diamanti upfront with Hines for Sunday, Franco just doesnt suit the English game, would like a Vela on loan durin January

:confused:

Franco has been good so far IMO and will only get better.

I just love what what Diamanti brings to the table and demand more, that half vs Arsenal gave me a bulge in my trousers, i demand more, atm Franco drifts out of play roo much for my liking and i prefer a 4-2-3-1 setup atm anyway

Still a great free transfer

Looking forward to the booing Neills gonna get on Sunday

I think we will all be pleasantly surprised by Gold and Sullivan and the time they spend at the club. Dont worry everyone (especially you Embers), we will outspend alot of clubs now and with the talent scouts we have (minus Eggy) this can only be a good thing. Onwards and upwards to the Champs League we go. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Couldnt understand for the life of me yesterday having the likes of Diamanti, Cole, Tomkins, McCarthy and Collison all starting on the bench and waiting till after the 2nd goal from Chelsea to bring Cole on

I think we knew we were going to get flogged, and are saving those boys for more realistic challenges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back