West Ham United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing that useless fat-arsed Egyptian knacker ahead of Cole?

I don't care if Cole is carrying an injury. If he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to play.

Zola has lost the plot, and West Ham are powder puff again.

New owners are always bad news for managers, and the clock is tick-tick-ticking.

Pretty much confirming the obvious from Ilan;

Brazilian striker Ilan earned the struggling Hammers a precious point last week with a stunning diving header late on against Everton and scored the winner against Sunderland - but has now revealed he will quit the club at the end of the season.

He said: "I don't want to say bad things about Zola because he is a good person, but you know sometimes a good person working in football doesn't work. If you give your players a lot of freedom, they will not obey you anymore.

"That is what is happening now at West Ham, especially with players who speak Italian.

"Zola has lost control of the team and it is impossible for him to recover it."

Ilan, has scored twice for his new club despite starting just one game since his arrival from Saint Etienne in January.

"Zola never uses me in my position as a centre forward," he added. "He puts me out on the flanks or even as a second forward.

"He and the other coaches in the Premier League have an obsession with putting the players in positions different to the one they are used to.

"Whatever happens, I'm going to leave England. I have received offers from France and Spain and even from three clubs from Brazil.

So when Zola inevitably gets the axe at the end of the season, if we stay up, who do you want to take over?

Right now I'd say there's 2 favourites, Steve McLaren and Avram Grant.

I'd actually be wanting Grant to take over. Think he has done a very good job with Pompey since he took over, showing his Chelsea record was no fluke. Seems to play a 4-3-2-1 formation IIRC. That could work for us with Cole up front and a couple of decent wingers (Bentley and Diamanti possibly if he sticks around which is doubtful). He'd probably like to bring in Jamie O'Hara as well (rumors today linking us with a move for him at the end of the season).

I just think if Grant was given the job, and some money to spend, he could take us to an Aston Villa type level down the road possibly if all goes well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when Zola inevitably gets the axe at the end of the season, if we stay up, who do you want to take over?

Right now I'd say there's 2 favourites, Steve McLaren and Avram Grant.

I'd actually be wanting Grant to take over. Think he has done a very good job with Pompey since he took over, showing his Chelsea record was no fluke. Seems to play a 4-3-2-1 formation IIRC. That could work for us with Cole up front and a couple of decent wingers (Bentley and Diamanti possibly if he sticks around which is doubtful). He'd probably like to bring in Jamie O'Hara as well (rumors today linking us with a move for him at the end of the season).

I just think if Grant was given the job, and some money to spend, he could take us to an Aston Villa type level down the road possibly if all goes well.

I wouldn't be bitching if we got Avram Grant.

Thank god we get Parker back for the Wigan game.

This morning's game only re-inforced that Zola has got no clue, and really shouldn't be managing still.

Sounds as if McLaren is moreso becoming the favorite to take over if we stay up, with Martin Jol and Avram Grant also mooted.

Sounds as if Carlton Cole will be targeted by Bayern Munich in the off-season also.

If we got a really good fee for him, I wouldn't mind selling him, but only if we could buy 2 decent strikers to replace him.

Alot of you jumped of the bandwagon it seems. Tsk tsk. THis is the year we go down IMO. Everyone around us is just well better and the ridiculous way we spent our money this window will come back to haunt us.

Didnt pick the best time to spend a year in England either. My record as a Hammers fan

7 pl 1w 1d 5l

Seen us score 2 in play goals and 3 penalties in that time. :thumbsdown:. Atleast we only got Chelsea this week

I'm still here.

There just isn't much to talk about at this stage really is there?

That is, apart from the fact we are getting bent over by all and sundry with no end in sight.

I'm still here.

There just isn't much to talk about at this stage really is there?

That is, apart from the fact we are getting bent over by all and sundry with no end in sight.

Alot of it comes down to attitude for mine. From players, to manager to the owners. Upson, Behrami, Faubert, McCarthy and Green can all go do one for all I care. Upson is a disgrace. Carrying on about a England spot when he can barely make a tackle for our club. Behrami should stop looking for a easy way out and play his way out. You know, show some skill...

Faubert is a pack a day smoker and a fat sack of crap. Him and McCarthy would of been sacked by most clubs by now.

Green just needs to pull his head out of his ass and play for the team for a change.

Scott Parker aside I think the other 10 on the field have half a heart between them and 3 bollocks. I just dont see a way out this time. Hull City arnt around anymore to save us

Alot of it comes down to attitude for mine. From players, to manager to the owners. Upson, Behrami, Faubert, McCarthy and Green can all go do one for all I care. Upson is a disgrace. Carrying on about a England spot when he can barely make a tackle for our club. Behrami should stop looking for a easy way out and play his way out. You know, show some skill...

Faubert is a pack a day smoker and a fat sack of crap. Him and McCarthy would of been sacked by most clubs by now.

Green just needs to pull his head out of his ass and play for the team for a change.

Scott Parker aside I think the other 10 on the field have half a heart between them and 3 bollocks. I just dont see a way out this time. Hull City arnt around anymore to save us

Yep.

The reason I haven't jumped off the bandwagon is because theres no bandwagon to jump off.

And really, it's hard to give a **** when its plainly obvious most of the players don't.

You could tell within the first 20 minutes of the Villa game we were in strife, and why?

Because you could tell the players didn't care.

Jacobsen has been a big in for West Ham as well, finally you have a decent right back that not only defends extremely well but can also track forward when need be.

Glad to see Freddie Picq score!

And Manual Da Costa too at the back is making a huge difference. He played most of the pre season there and we were winning, Green was going ok as was Upson. Leave the big fella there, he and Jacobsen are giving the rest of the back some confidence.
Tommy the Kraut to come in at some stage too...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back