West Ham United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably the best the squad has looked in a business sense for a long time. Have the right blend of youth and experience all with the right contracts.

Think alot of people underestimate the capture of David Bentley. This is last chance salon for him and given Matt Taylor has been a shining light this year you would expect the right footed version of him to also excel in this league.

Sams got a dilemna on his hands in terms of picking the team and choosing formation week in week out while keeping everyone at the club happy with the amount of gametime given. Think with Lansbury in, Collison can go to the bench and work on his fitness base/knee issues. Got to get him fully fit before we throw him into the action. ATM he looks about 20% fit and playing him in this condition can only lead to a another injury.

Whether we play a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2 for the long term will be interesting to see. Away from home I prefer the 4-5-1 so that we can control possession more but at home we need to press forward and provide more of a attacking threat then we are atm so Cole Baldock partnership should be the go. Either way Sam has a good problem to have. Alot of options to choose from

Probably the best the squad has looked in a business sense for a long time. Have the right blend of youth and experience all with the right contracts.

Think alot of people underestimate the capture of David Bentley. This is last chance salon for him and given Matt Taylor has been a shining light this year you would expect the right footed version of him to also excel in this league.

Sams got a dilemna on his hands in terms of picking the team and choosing formation week in week out while keeping everyone at the club happy with the amount of gametime given. Think with Lansbury in, Collison can go to the bench and work on his fitness base/knee issues. Got to get him fully fit before we throw him into the action. ATM he looks about 20% fit and playing him in this condition can only lead to a another injury.

Whether we play a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2 for the long term will be interesting to see. Away from home I prefer the 4-5-1 so that we can control possession more but at home we need to press forward and provide more of a attacking threat then we are atm so Cole Baldock partnership should be the go. Either way Sam has a good problem to have. Alot of options to choose from

That's what has made Scott Parker's inevitable departure a bit easier to take. For once we've recruited smartly.

Thats BFS influence. Both Avram and Zola bought players based on intel from various agents/that boob Nani. For the first time in a long time we have the actual manager making the transfer decisions. The manager is selecting targets and getting the players he wants in as opposed to asking someone else to do that role for him. Amazing what happens when a manager well manages the club

Thats BFS influence. Both Avram and Zola bought players based on intel from various agents/that boob Nani. For the first time in a long time we have the actual manager making the transfer decisions. The manager is selecting targets and getting the players he wants in as opposed to asking someone else to do that role for him. Amazing what happens when a manager well manages the club

I was getting sick of us buying players like it was for a fantasy football comp, not the Premier League.

Plenty of better teams than us have proven over the years that you can throw as much money as you like at your on field squad, if you haven't got the right players with the right chemistry, you may as well have just taken that money into the back yard and started a bonfire with it.

I can see a bit of forward thinking with some of these signings too. It's not just about this year, we've got players who can be more than handy EPL players should we go back up.

BFS doesnt actually buy potential. He buys known and thats been a nice change. He only buys a player if he is certain he can adapt to the league. None of this Pablo Barrera/Winston Reid 8 mill worth of benchwarming that really cost us our place last year in the top flight for mine.

I actually disagree. Playing like s**t but the results are going along nicely though. Defending alot better as you would suspect but are creating less chances. Luckily for us we are scoring some very soft goals. Still think top 2 is the minimum we should be accepting here. Think we will get it providing we dont keep getting hit with injuries. Need Lansbury and Taylor back ASAP

MIGHTY IRONS!

art-west_ham1-420x0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good start with the win. What did you guys make of our new signings? Collins was class against his old club and Nolan does not take a backwards step. I am a huge fan of Vaz Te and Cole up front, they complement each other well imo.

Cmon lads. Ready for the new season?

Team is looking good. I think this may be our best season in a long time *touch wood*.

Buzzing for this! Hoping it is a good year, love the new signings also.

Hopefully they all gel together and we gradually improve, realistic target for us this year is 8th I reckon

Yeah I love the signings also. As a Hammers supporter of the modern era anything but relegation is OK by me but I think we could push into 8th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back