West Indies v Bangladesh (June-July 2022: 2 Tests, 3 T20s & 3 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
The 1st Test match starts tomorrow and the schedule for the series detailed below:

Jun 16, Thu - Jun 20, Mon
West Indies vs Bangladesh, 1st Test
Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua
12:00 AM (Jun 17) AEST
02:00 PM GMT / 10:00 AM LOCAL

Jun 24, Fri - Jun 28, Tue
West Indies vs Bangladesh, 2nd Test
Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia
12:00 AM (Jun 25) AEST
02:00 PM GMT / 10:00 AM LOCAL

Jul 02, Sat
West Indies vs Bangladesh, 1st T20I
Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica
3:30 AM (Jul 03) AEST
05:30 PM GMT / 01:30 PM LOCAL

Jul 03, Sun
West Indies vs Bangladesh, 2nd T20I
Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica
3:30 AM (Jul 04) AEST

Jul 07, Thu
West Indies vs Bangladesh, 3rd T20I
Providence Stadium, Guyana
3:30 AM (Jul 08) AEST

Jul 10, Sun
West Indies vs Bangladesh, 1st ODI
11:30 PM AEST
01:30 PM GMT / 09:30 AM LOCAL

Jul 13, Wed
West Indies vs Bangladesh, 2nd ODI

Jul 16, Sat
West Indies vs Bangladesh, 3rd ODI

Bangladesh Test Squad: Shakib Al Hasan (C), Mominul Haque, Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudul Hasan Joy, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Yasir Ali, Mosaddek Hossain, Mehidy Hasan, Litton Das, Nurul Hasan, Taijul Islam, Ebadot Hossain, Khaled Ahmed, Rejaur Rahman Raja, Mustafizur Rahman

West Indies Test Squad: Kraigg Brathwaite (C), Jermaine Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner, John Campbell, Kyle Mayers, Gudakesh Motie, Raymon Reifer, Joshua Da Silva, Devon Thomas, Anderson Phillip, Alzarri Joseph, Jayden Seales

Teams:

Bangladesh
(Playing XI): Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudul Hasan Joy, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mominul Haque, Shakib Al Hasan(c), Litton Das, Nurul Hasan(w), Mehdi Hassan, Ebadot Hossain, Khaled Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman

West Indies (Playing XI): Kraigg Brathwaite(c), John Campbell, Nkrumah Bonner, Jermaine Blackwood, Kyle Mayers, Joshua Da Silva(w), Raymon Reifer, Alzarri Joseph, Kemar Roach, Gudakesh Motie, Jayden Seales

West Indies have won the toss and have opted to field

1st Test

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was on the WI coaching staff, I would be pulling out all the stops to get Kyle Mayers lined up with Vernon Philander for intense one on one training.

He bowls very very similarly to Vern, roughly the same speed, bowls swing both ways and seams it off the pitch and kisses the wicket, and he’s already quite accurate. I think he has the potential to be an absolute nightmare on green decks

West Indies have got something about them especially at home. They arent the whipping boys as they were once used to.

It’s only Bangladesh but they have improved themselves of late so giving them a hiding would be a nice result on the back of the England series.

We NEED a star batsmen.

I’m the first to put my hand up and say our batting line up is brittle but we DO have a knack for having at least one player stand up most games. Add a Smith or Root etc into that and with the bowling depth we suddenly have, we become a dangerous proposition for everyone not just the teams outside the top 3.

Yeah West Indies are racking up some decent performances at home.

Bangladesh aren't really making the progress you'd like after about 20 years in Test cricket.

Yeah West Indies are racking up some decent performances at home.

Bangladesh aren't really making the progress you'd like after about 20 years in Test cricket.

They show more and more glimpses but they remain just that.

Mominul Haque broke through for his first non Asian century and I thought wow here we go. He’s arrived. He’s now on a run of about 8 single digit scores.

Their fast bowling is undoubtedly better than it was but the rest has been one step forward two steps back.

Would be nice if the Windies could go undefeated at home this season

They show more and more glimpses but they remain just that.

Mominul Haque broke through for his first non Asian century and I thought wow here we go. He’s arrived. He’s now on a run of about 8 single digit scores.

Their fast bowling is undoubtedly better than it was but the rest has been one step forward two steps back.

Would be nice if the Windies could go undefeated at home this season
Really need a number 3 to average 40+ Like Darren Bravo did at his best. A real shame Shai Hope hasn’t kicked on.

They will be competitive, not sure they will win but will compete. Would love to see Hope and Pooran in the squad for the Aussie tour as their batting styles would suit out here, hopefully Holder is back in then to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back