West Indies v India (2 Tests, 3 ODIs, 5 T20Is)

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s disappointing. I wanted to see how we would go under some last day pressure with an almost-gettable target dangling. Probably not well, I suspect, but who knows. The QPO is famous for not coming up the best when it rains so that last day was always going to be unlikely to go ahead.

Awesomely, thanks to the people administering the game among others, that’s our last test for 12 months after a summer to remember at home.

West Indies ODI squad: Shai Hope (capt), Rovman Powell, Alick Athanaze, Yannic Cariah, Keacy Carty, Dominic Drakes, Shimron Hetmyer, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Gudakesh Motie, Jayden Seales, Romario Shepherd, Kevin Sinclair, Oshane Thomas

B+ for the batting in this squad.
The entire bowling department is a liability.

Interesting to see Hetmeyer.

PLEASE, PLEASE GOD ALMIGHTY let this be the doorway opening back into the full set up

Had one of the great headshapes in modern sport
Serious Extra-terrestrial vibes
1587563855_vasbert-drakes-1997-getty-images-editorial-1619781.jpg

How is Rovman Powell getting picked?

Average of 21 after 51 ODIs and is 30 years old. I know the Windies are up s**t creek but c'mon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Indies squad for T20I series against India: Rovman Powell (capt), Kyle Mayers (vice-capt), Johnson Charles, Roston Chase, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Shai Hope, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Obed McCoy, Nicholas Pooran, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Oshane Thomas

One name there catches my eye: O’Shane Thomas.

Please, PLEASE be the way into the set up that we need in order to get him wearing maroon regularly again

The question has to be forward how much do India care about this T20 series? Or has the gap closed pretty much in T20 cricket around the world given West Indies couldnt qualify for the main group stages in last years World Cup.
I think we are just giving higher importance to the ODIs at the moment, with the WC around the corner. Whilst also looking at the T20WC next year and trying to see who of the next generation could possibly by an inclusion.
This T20I squad is definitely a C team with only Hardik, Arshdeep, and SKY being the main stayers from last years T20WC.

Also interesting to note that in the Emerging Teams Asia Cup, that India were the only team to field a U23 Uncapped Squad, whilst all other teams had older international players playing for their 'A' side. And in the upcoming Asia Games, India is also sending an inexperienced side with only Arshdeep following up from the previous T20WC squad.

Nonetheless, it's not a game we should have lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back