West Lakes Boulevard

Remove this Banner Ad

Well theyve ****ed that up havent they!!
There is gonna be a lot of traffic problems this year with what theyve done...theyve cut up Football Park No.1 ( i think thats what its called) well the oval just outside footy park, and put a massive bus terminal there...theyve put what i think will be a obahn like bus lane in the middle of the road where the traffic island used to be...which defies logic to me...theyve changed it into a two lane road...theyve cut out the left hand turn anytime at frederick road...theyve moved the members car park from the northern end of the ground to god knows where! we just got told we cant park here anymore cos its the 'corporate' carpark...well **** corporates...what about us normal footy goers...PLUS, theyve made it so you cant turn right onto frederick road OR tapleys hill road for up to 2 hours after the game because of buses!!
so basically i have to find a new way home after the game!! They are trying to turn it into the MCg where you can catch a tram to right outside the groud...well i dont wanna catch a bus to footy park!! theyve made a right royal mess of what used to be a great road and oval!!

Several weeks ago I raised this issue.
why couldnt the govt. rather than put the bus lane right down the middle of the road, scuttled the boulevard and side roads completely, ran the train from Albert Park down the boulevard to footy park round the back to west lakes mall through west lakes and hook back up to the Grange line ?

Much more efficient and also increase rail traffic on the grange line.

The hendon line use to branch off at Albert Park and stop right where the boulevard is now just before Tapleys hill rd. Where LJ hookers is and across the boulevard to the offices which were a set of flats, there use to be a car yard there and behind that the train use to stop for the Phillips Hendon works.

What they have done is cheap and at the behest of private bus companies, there is even talk of closing the grange train line...most probably to make it too expensive to ever extend the line to west lakes.

PA1870

Macca!

You forgot to mention the green fence going up the boulevard.

Come the real season when the ground is packed out it is going to be so hard to walk down the boulevard, a total traffic jam. The footpath is not wide enough, so all of a sudden you have a few dickheads in front of you taking all day to walk up the street and it all gets bunched up. It used to be great, you could walk on the road to overtake people, now you can't.

Don't be surprised if people begin removing the fence in protest.

------------------
Port Adelaide Forever

Originally posted by Scott:
Macca!

You forgot to mention the green fence going up the boulevard.

Come the real season when the ground is packed out it is going to be so hard to walk down the boulevard, a total traffic jam. The footpath is not wide enough, so all of a sudden you have a few dickheads in front of you taking all day to walk up the street and it all gets bunched up. It used to be great, you could walk on the road to overtake people, now you can't.

Don't be surprised if people begin removing the fence in protest.

Scott, Driving down there today the same thought went through my head....I think its gonna cause a lot of frustration..

PA1870

I do know they're going to have pedestrian crossings (not sure if its one or two) along the bouleverad, with lights, to enable people to cross. But I've thought all along they should build a couple of overpasses. Blimey, with all the money they've spent, an extra couple of thousand shouldn't make any difference, lol. This wouldn't solve the problem of too many people walking up the road, but would help with traffic flow.

I think I also read they were planning to widen the footpath along Brebner Drive, maybe on the Golfcourse side? Haven't seen any evidence of this yet.

Originally posted by Crow54:
I do know they're going to have pedestrian crossings (not sure if its one or two) along the bouleverad, with lights, to enable people to cross. But I've thought all along they should build a couple of overpasses. Blimey, with all the money they've spent, an extra couple of thousand shouldn't make any difference, lol. This wouldn't solve the problem of too many people walking up the road, but would help with traffic flow.

I think I also read they were planning to widen the footpath along Brebner Drive, maybe on the Golfcourse side? Haven't seen any evidence of this yet.

Crows54,

Ther lack of this foresight , I dont think is because they didnt realise, I believe the Government just dont have the money...hence the bizarre double concrete gutters down the middle o f West Lakes boulevarde that parade as a bus lane and the El Cheapo bus station at the ground...

Had it been Melbourne the govt. would have run the railway line straight down the Boulevard to West lakes from its nearest turn off that is only 1,000 metres from the ground with a motor over pass at Frederick road.

The axing of the LeMans is symptomatic of problems connected with the state bank collapse and the idiotic attempts by the current Govt to provide soccer facilites for 20,000 spectators when we only ever get 2,000 to games here.

They just dont have money to waste, even in the slightest...let alone money to maintain social concerns ..like hospitals, welfare, public housing, extra police...

S.A. is on the bones of its bum, but we cant ever have the Govt. tell us the state is constantly lurching from Peter to Paul to pay each other...

The state is broke...

PA1870

Remove this Banner Ad

Back