West Perth Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm appalled by all of this. Have been a member for years, can make games when I can. How can a side with a supporter base such as ours in a second tier competition with money supposedly coming in from the WAFC. Something is amiss. How complicit in Rosich in all of this. Just dismayed it has got to this point where an institution of WA Sport could go under.

I'm appalled by all of this. Have been a member for years, can make games when I can. How can a side with a supporter base such as ours in a second tier competition with money supposedly coming in from the WAFC. Something is amiss. How complicit in Rosich in all of this. Just dismayed it has got to this point where an institution of WA Sport could go under.
780k is the number. 5 weeks of administration then we see if we come out the other side

West Perth had no revenue base for 10 years.

We'll be fine but we need to mobilize the base.

8/10 of the people I know were CArdies supporters growing up, they just have to get involved.

This thread deserves a bump because of this article:

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/t...-joondalup-for-new-home-ground-ng-b881176861z

The biggest revelation there is that they paid $7000 in a transfer fee for a no name despite being in dire straits....what sort of idiots are running the club?

Abbott is not a no name, highly impressive player who should be on an AFL list but for some unfortunate personal circumstances (which West Perth would have been well aware of).

Abbott is not a no name, highly impressive player who should be on an AFL list but for some unfortunate personal circumstances (which West Perth would have been well aware of).

Irrespective, they had no business paying transfer fees to anyone given their precarious financial position.

Irrespective, they had no business paying transfer fees to anyone given their precarious financial position.

Certainly I agree with that - especially on someone who has a history of difficult circumstances away from the game which resulted in him first not being thereabouts in his draft year and then walking out of Collingwood after a highly promising start to his time in the VFL. But can see why the footy department would push to take the chance given his ability - while not the same circumstances, East Freo got a lot out of Jono Marsh in his sabbatical.

The CEO walked out last week. People targeted to replace her decline the job because it is a no win situstion.

A board member seems intent on leaking negative team information to the media because he wanted to keep Monaghan (and doing it by having very public lunches with the journalist so they know he is the leak).

Sponsorship and membership no where near targets. Long term sponsors no longer willing to stump up money and being courted by opposition staff last weekend. Pitiful home crowd last Saturday in good weather.

The club is an absolute mess and being weighed down by infighting and reckless decisions. If Falcons supporters want a senior team in 2020 they better get off their butts and do something fast.

A board member seems intent on leaking negative team information to the media because he wanted to keep Monaghan (and doing it by having very public lunches with the journalist so they know he is the leak).

Sponsorship and membership no where near targets. Long term sponsors no longer willing to stump up money and being courted by opposition staff last weekend. Pitiful home crowd last Saturday in good weather.
I wonder if it is the same board member that was allowed to keep his position after telling the WAFC he had numerous sponsors lined up to save the club but now he has been asked where the money is, he claims it was only going to happen if Monaghan was still coach, a fact he conveniently did not tell WAFC.

I wonder if it is the same board member that was allowed to keep his position after telling the WAFC he had numerous sponsors lined up to save the club but now he has been asked where the money is, he claims it was only going to happen if Monaghan was still coach, a fact he conveniently did not tell WAFC.
The guy has been leaking his version of news to the same journalist for years. More about self promotion than what's better for the club or competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bye has come at a good time, we are starting to get some injuries and should get some players back against the Monts.

Have been along a couple of times to watch us play and doing good. Got away with it against both Perth and Old Easts though. Umps were on our side at Lathlain. It was good to see Lathlain Park hasn't been completely ruined by the Eagles too. Only loss has just been to Souths so we're a chance.

I don't agree V Perth, we had their measure all day and there was a few frees in our forward line that was missed, the game against the Sharks was a game that maybe we were lucky to win, 10 minutes of good footy made it a even game and the Sharks could not close out the game.
The club is well coached and he gets the best out of his players with real belief now.

Tough game this weekend v collage girls, but a win there would set us up for a top 2 finish.....carrnwestt!!!!

We stopped making mistakes. Might be as simple as that. That 50 metre we gave away was a bit of a clanger.

I fear for next Sunday but then again maybe Souths have just stopped.

We stopped making mistakes. Might be as simple as that. That 50 metre we gave away was a bit of a clanger.

I fear for next Sunday but then again maybe Souths have just stopped.

Don't fear for next Sunday, prey for rain

That Shaw bloke always stitches us up with goals, if we can stop him we can win the game

The guy has been leaking his version of news to the same journalist for years. More about self promotion than what's better for the club or competition.
Which board member?

Does anyone know if West Perth ever used a different song or at least a different recording before adopting the Melbourne tune?

West Perth had no revenue base for 10 years.

We'll be fine but we need to mobilize the base.

8/10 of the people I know were CArdies supporters growing up, they just have to get involved.

Sorry for responding to an old post but I have an idea: Play three or four home-games per year at Leederville Oval and watch the fans come back to our spiritual home!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back