State of Origin Western Australia Season 15 State of Origin Thread

After last season's poor performance (coupled with the comp being disorganised in general) it's time for Western Australia to make amends and come out firing for this season's carnival. WA were the powerhouse of the competition in its heyday and it's time to take back that mantle. If you're a might Black Swan register your interest in here!

Western Australia Squad

Ljp86
Snappy!

Western Australia Squad

Ljp86
Snappy!
peterss
Mr Eagle

Early days yet but we're going to need quite a few more players. Come guys, get in here and sign up! :thumbsu:

Please don't tell me you are fishing around for positions...

I qualify for all the teams except SA. So yeah wherever I can get my ruck spot.

I qualify for all the teams except SA. So yeah wherever I can get my ruck spot.

Yeah, that's not what WA are about, you're either in because you're a born and bred Sandgroper and you're dead keen to play for the Black Swans or you're not.

You should play for a state based on emotional allegiance, not whoever can give you personal glory.

We call those sort of people flogs.

Agreed.

I figured it would be the state you were born in or lived in most of your life.

Yep.

You should play for a state based on emotional allegiance, not whoever can give you personal glory.

We call those sort of people flogs.

Being the ruck is considered personal glory? s**t you must have low expectations on yourself.

Most of them play for East Side Hawks. To be fair the amount of WA people in the SFA has been slowly decreasing for the last few seasons (mostly retirements/loss of interest etc) to the point where we are now struggling for numbers. Last season was a challenge to get a side together and this carnival will be as well.

My aim is to get as many players from within the SFA as I can who can represent WA before I have to start recruiting from outside the competition. Bear in mind that the State of Origin carnival will be at least a month away, perhaps a bit longer depending on the structure of the competition heading into the Christmas/New Year break.

Covvy

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton
I'm Tasmanian, but since they don't have a proper team. I'll play.

Back