Western Australia v The World

Remove this Banner Ad

Wormkilla

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
Incredible the depth in WA cricket now. It's truly a golden age. A dynasty. Our first team would challenge a lot of international teams, including Australia IMO. And our seconds would be a very solid side too.

First XI
Bancroft
Whiteman
Marsh
Green
Hardie
Inglis
Stoinis
Agar
Richardson
Morris
Paris

Second XI
Wyllie
Goodwin
Cartwright
Turner
Philippe
Short
Fanning
Stobo
Gannon
Rocchiccioli
Kelly

I didn't include AJ Tye and Behrendorff in these squads as they are white ball players only. I left Turner in as he tonned up in the Shield final last year.

Hardie's talent is frightening and under stated. He's been used as a frontline bowler clocking 140+ and can bat first drop. Green might not even be WA's third best all rounder at the moment. Morris is in the test squad, but I reckon Paris and Richardson are better.

Liam Haskett has debuted this season and looks like a very good prospect too.

Last edited:
Incredible the depth in WA cricket now. It's truly a golden age. A dynasty. Our first team would challenge a lot of international teams, including Australia IMO. And our seconds would be a very solid side too.

First XI
Bancroft
Whiteman
Marsh
Green
Hardie
Inglis
Stoinis
Agar
Richardson
Morris
Paris

Second XI
Wyllie
Goodwin
Cartwright
Turner
Philippe
Short
Fanning
Stobo
Gannon
Rocchiccioli
Kelly

I didn't include AJ Tye and Behrendorff in these squads as they are white ball players only. I left Turner in as he tonned up in the Shield final last year.

Hardie's talent is frightening and under stated. He's been used as a frontline bowler clocking 140+ and can bat first drop. Green might not even be WA's third best all rounder at the moment. Morris is in the test squad, but I reckon Paris and Richardson are better.

Gold, so delusional and funny. That batting lineup would struggle to make 200 against any international attack, even Starc could make them look second rate.

Gold, so delusional and funny. That batting lineup would struggle to make 200 against any international attack, even Starc could make them look second rate.
Fair go. There's 2 or 3 fringe test players in that list...

First XI
Bancroft
Whiteman
Marsh
Green
Hardie
Inglis
Stoinis
Agar
Richardson
Morris
Paris

Second XI
Wyllie
Goodwin
Cartwright
Turner
Philippe
Short
Fanning
Stobo
Gannon
Rocchiccioli
Kelly

This post may sound jingoistic but it also happens to be true!

I'll just leave this here

ODI record last 4 years.

Players from WA:
Bat Avg: 24.32
Strike Rate: 89.5
Bowl Avg: 42.16
Economy Rate: 5.38

Players from other states:
Bat Avg: 33.21
Strike Rate: 91.7
Bowl Avg: 31.57
Economy Rate: 5.40

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a born and bred Western Australian, I find this over-the-top parochialism nauseating at the best of times.

And for some reason, it always seems to come from Eagles fans.
Parochialism? I just stated its a golden age for West Aussie cricket. Which it is. So a six-peat is nothing? Its the best period of cricket our state has ever had. Maybe not the best in all of Australian cricket history, but for the state we've never had greater depth and a better run of success. Simple fact.

Genuinely surprised seeing all the flogs triggered by this assertion. Unsurprisingly you support a perennially underperfomring and irrelevant eastern states football club.

First XI
Bancroft
Whiteman
Marsh
Green
Hardie
Inglis
Stoinis
Agar
Richardson
Morris
Paris

Second XI
Wyllie
Goodwin
Cartwright
Turner
Philippe
Short
Fanning
Stobo
Gannon
Rocchiccioli
Kelly

Stoinis & Agar are still first XI red ball players

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Parochialism? I just stated its a golden age for West Aussie cricket. Which it is. So a six-peat is nothing? Its the best period of cricket our state has ever had. Maybe not the best in all of Australian cricket history, but for the state we've never head greater depth.

Genuinely surprised seeing all the flogs triggered by this assertion. Unsurprisingly you support a perennially underperfomring and irrelevant eastern states football club.
First Test of the summer in 1981 seven of the XI were West Australians. Success of a state association is measured by the Test players that are produced.

Parochialism? I just stated its a golden age for West Aussie cricket. Which it is. So a six-peat is nothing? Its the best period of cricket our state has ever had. Maybe not the best in all of Australian cricket history, but for the state we've never had greater depth and a better run of success. Simple fact.

I mean you suggested it would compete against other Countries test teams and that is where you lose a lot of people. That team is getting thumped touring pretty much any Country.

First Test of the summer in 1981 seven of the XI were West Australians. Success of a state association is measured by the Test players that are produced.
Clueless logic. So NSW are a better team? Their most recent test debutant is Kurtis Patterson back in 2018 and they finished last earlier this year. Their lack of depth is glaring. A team of NSW born players not playing for NSW would beat them.

NSW best XI in other states: Henry Hunt (moved in 2019), Tim Ward (2020), Jake Doran (2015), Nic Maddinson (2018), Sam Fanning (2019), Ben Manenti (2021), Lawrence Neil-Smith (2018), Charlie Stobo (2020), Gurinder Sandhu (2018 and 2020), Nathan Ellis (2017), Henry Thornton (2021), 12th: Harry Conway (2022)

WA's depth at the moment, particularly with our fast bowling, is unsurpassed probably at any point ever.

Western Australia could easily match any team from around the world in a test match at Perth.

And no-one would go to watch it...

You would probably get more people in Perth turning up if WA was playing a test match, especially a test match against the rest of Australia.

The colossus rolls on. The shield is probably the highest standard of cricket around the world outside of the international Big 3 playing each other. And WA stands at the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back