Western Australia XI v India T20 Warm Up matches (10/10/22-13/10/22)

Remove this Banner Ad

WA gave India a fair smacking tonight. WA notched 8/168 from 20 overs with Nick Hobson (62 from 41 balls) and D'Arcy Short (52 from 38) doing most of the damage with the bat. Ravichandran Ashwin took 3/32 from four overs to be the best of India's bowlers.

In reply, India could only manage 8/132 from 20 overs. KL Rahul (74 from 55 balls) scored more than half their runs as India lost wickets at regular intervals. Lane Morris, Matthew Kelly and Hamish McKenzie all claimed two wickets in an innings which included two maiden overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

question for the WA followers: is Ashton Turner still in their best BBL XI?
i actually highly doubt it

WAs Best XI for me: Phillipe , Short, Mitch Marsh, Tim David, Inglis, Stoinis, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Tye, Behrendorff, Matthew Kelly (if all fully fit and available)

Hardie/Turner/Whiteman/Cartwright/Bancroft battling for that 1 spot if all players battling for selection. (in no particular order)

Even then in white ball cricket, Turner only got a single digit score , and no bat in 2 Marsh Cup games this summer.

WAs Best XI for me: Phillipe , Short, Mitch Marsh, Tim David, Inglis, Stoinis, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Tye, Behrendorff, Matthew Kelly (if all fully fit and available)

Hardie/Turner/Whiteman/Cartwright/Bancroft battling for that 1 spot if all players battling for selection. (in no particular order)

Even then in white ball cricket, Turner only got a single digit score , and no bat in 2 Marsh Cup games this summer.
Out of form for a while but a good captain.
Played a crucial role in last year's final.

Think he's in our best BBL side.

Fair to say if WA were a country, that team alone could be worthy of making at least the semis of a World Cup I reckon.

Our whiteball side is insane at the moment. Particularly considering we are 10% of the population.

Our bowling for the past decade has been world class.

Those 5 would make a better batting lineup than some BBL sides last year

Not to give it away but one of those teams rhymes with Relbourne Menegades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back