Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Better late than never to put this up.

Ins: Josh Nicholas (Perth), Ryan Duffield (Perth), Jonathan Wells (Perth), Jake Carder (Fremantle), Alex Bevilaqua (South Perth), Cameron Green (Subiaco Floreat), Clint Hinchliffe (Joondalup), Matt Kelly (Claremont-Nedlands)

Outs: Tom Beaton, Nick Hobson, Jaron Morgan (not offered State contract), Marcus Harris (Victoria), Matt Dixon (Essex), Mitchell Johnson, Michael Hogan (both retired)

Upgrades: Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Voges (both State to CA), Liam O’Connor, Jhye Richardson (both elevated from Rookie to State)

Cricket Australia Contract
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Mitchell Marsh
Shaun Marsh
Adam Voges

State Contract
Ashton Agar
Cameron Bancroft
Jason Behrendorff
Will Bosisto
Jake Carder
Hilton Cartwright
Ryan Duffield
Michael Klinger
Simon Mackin
David Moody
Josh Nicholas
Liam O'Connor
Joel Paris
Jhye Richardson
Nathan Rimmington
Ashton Turner
Andrew Tye
Jonathan Wells
Sam Whiteman

State Rookie Contract
Alex Bevilaqua
Kyle Gardiner
Cameron Green
Clint Hinchliffe
Josh Inglis
Matt Kelly

WA cricket watchers what chance is Jhye Richardson of playing first class cricket this season?
WA have a strong fast bowling group, but like to see promising quicks fast tracked where possible, particularly kids with his ability.

WA cricket watchers what chance is Jhye Richardson of playing first class cricket this season?
WA have a strong fast bowling group, but like to see promising quicks fast tracked where possible, particularly kids with his ability.

I don't think it's impossible but it seems unlikely.

Behrendorff, Paris and Coulter-Nile is our theoretical best attack with Mackin next in line and Duffield, Rimmington and Tye would also be ahead of him.

Depends on whether or not we're in shield contention and if we get injuries or international call ups.

Don't forget Moody in that lot too.

Nicholas didn't look out of place in the chances he got towards the end of last summer either. Richardson will get games at some point as I think he's also on the cusp, but it's pretty competitive.

I don't think it's impossible but it seems unlikely.

Behrendorff, Paris and Coulter-Nile is our theoretical best attack with Mackin next in line and Duffield, Rimmington and Tye would also be ahead of him.

Depends on whether or not we're in shield contention and if we get injuries or international call ups.

Just on Paris, it sounds like his injury might be worst than first thought. Could be out for a fair while.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alcohol.Think Again Western Warriors squad: Adam Voges (c), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Jason Behrendorff, Hilton Cartwright, Ryan Duffield, Josh Inglis, Michael Klinger, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, David Moody, Nathan Rimmington, Jonathan Wells, Sam Whiteman

Assuming SMarsh misses - Bancoft, Klinger, Voges, M.Marsh, Cartwright, Wells, Whiteman, Agar, Rimmington, Moody, Behrendorf ?

Time to turn the heat on some of these bozos.

Nathan Coulter-Nile - Can't keep fit. Waste of a career.
Mitchell Marsh - FC batting average of 30. Not good enough.
Shaun Marsh - Should have been a 100 Test player. Can't keep fit.
Ashton Agar - Has to start producing. Rarely does. Overhyped.
Cameron Bancroft - Needs to improve his average into mid-40s.
Will Bosisto - Should be a well-entrenched member of the side by now. Still a fringe player.
Ryan Duffield - Rewarded with a new contract, produces one of the worst days of bowling you'll see from a state rep.
David Moody - Wouldn't be given the chances he gets without his name. Marsh-like. Has potential but bowls so many pies.
Joel Paris - Can't stay fit. No use to us playing half a season every year.
Jhye Richardson - Just a complete fool - runs in the family.
Ashton Turner - Lack of oppurtunity or lack of actual talent? Won't make it by the looks.
Jonathan Wells - Dominates the lower levels, will never make it as a state player. Why bother?
Sam Whiteman - Should have made a lot more runs than he has. Errors creeping into his keeping too. Bought his own hype too early.

/rant

Dismal effort today. Months and months to prepare and get hyped for the Shield season and they produce the same old s**t.

Terrific rant! Can't say I disagree with much of that, how deflating is it when you have 3 of the test top 6 (can argue rightly or wrongly their spots, but they are the incumbents) and produce 1/150 then 9/270...and we bowl like that? That batting lineup with Marsh x 2, Voges, Klinger, Bancroft and Agar/Whiteman at 7/8 with FC hundreds, should be making a lot more than 270. Pink ball or not. SA had little trouble as it hardly swung. Well it swung when it bursted into the fence.
Can anyone explain how Duffield plays ahead of Rimmington? We even had M.Marsh as a credible 5th bowler, to give up 450 runs in a day (our 2nd worst in 70 years according to JT, is just disgraceful. No heart, no pride.

On another note, I read Whiteman changed Grade clubs over winter? Any particular reason?

On another note, I read Whiteman changed Grade clubs over winter? Any particular reason?

I'm just guessing here but I think Rockingham-Mandurah already had an established keeper Brayden Sutton so whenever Whiteman would go back to grade cricket he would play as a batsman only. So assuming he moved to somewhere he would keep at?

I'm just going off mycricket scorecards here so could be completely wrong.

I'm just guessing here but I think Rockingham-Mandurah already had an established keeper Brayden Sutton so whenever Whiteman would go back to grade cricket he would play as a batsman only. So assuming he moved to somewhere he would keep at?

I'm just going off mycricket scorecards here so could be completely wrong.

Except that Sutton also moved to Fremantle this year.

There's been dramas at Rockingham-Mandurah, so not all that surprising for people to be leaving.

Except that Sutton also moved to Fremantle this year.

There's been dramas at Rockingham-Mandurah, so not all that surprising for people to be leaving.
So as I suspected I was completely wrong haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back