Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

well not atm and inglis has a higher FC average

Carey has dropped to 32

Yes well obviously, but I think we can gauge his previous 5 series as a test keeper, including an Ashes series and 2 away subcontinent tours with an average higher much higher than Inglis FC as a good gauge.

Rather than during a series in which his average gets pummelled and in which barely any batsman are averaging over 25.

Yes well obviously, but I think we can gauge his previous 5 series as a test keeper, including an Ashes series and 2 away subcontinent tours with an average higher much higher than Inglis FC as a good gauge.

Rather than during a series in which his average gets pummelled and in which barely any batsman are averaging over 25.
Disagree he gets judged on his stats over 18 tests which is 32 with the bat. Which is not that bad for a keeper and he was picked for this series due to his ability to play spin which he has not shown so far this series apart from a quick 30 odd in the first test.

Yes I agree his keeping has been good this series but when you have two quality keepers with the gloves in Inglis and Pierson in the wings. ...its has to be good because both those lads are very good with the gloves.

He has every chance to improve his average this test and I am expecting him to make a contribution with the bat on a better batting track ...I hope

Maybe around the time of Martyn, Langer, Gilly before they got picked for Australia, with Moody, Angel and Julian also around?

It's an interesting one - I think our fond memories of that era often trick us as to how regularly we were able to have all the heavy hitters on the park at once.

This is the 96-97 Merc Mutual Cup-winning side that sparked the late-90s dynasty under Clark/Moody.

Hussey
Campbell
Martyn
Moody*
Gilchrist+
Goodwin
Hogg
Atkinson
Harvey
Stewart
Angel

Pretty handy, but I'd take Kelly and Agar over Atko and Stewart.

Interview with Voges today saying he hopes to have Morris back for the shield final.
I imagine that means Kelly gives way unless he plays a blinder against Victoria.

The only other thing out of that match is seeing if Bancroft can get to 1000 runs, though its unlikely

Interview with Voges today saying he hopes to have Morris back for the shield final.
I imagine that means Kelly gives way unless he plays a blinder against Victoria.

The only other thing out of that match is seeing if Bancroft can get to 1000 runs, though its unlikely
I'd assume you'd pick the leading wicket taker in the state.

Think it'd be down to Paris v Stobo for the final bowling spot - Kelly, Morris and Rocc (plus Hardie at 6) the locks.

Stobo has been so good it'd be extremely rough to drop him. Morris would be rusty too. Maybe just keep what's working?

Think it'd be down to Paris v Stobo for the final bowling spot - Kelly, Morris and Rocc (plus Hardie at 6) the locks.
I think Paris is the lock.
He’s still the current leader of our attack, and has been chosen to lead the young up and coming Australian A attack.
Stobo is a great story.

Great discussion points though, very strong side.
It’s Stobo v Kelly for me.

Paris
Morris
Roc
Stobo v Kelly?
Hardie part time.

After Cartwright not playing yesterday, nothing would surprise me though.

Last edited:
The batting is also tricky.
Is it Marsh or Wyllie at 3?
Let’s not underestimate the selectors feelings towards Marsh”s 60 no this week.

Then if they go Marsh, is it Wyllie or Turner at 6?

I love Turner, and his form is impeccable, but don’t be surprised if Marsh 3, Wyllie 6 eventuates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Inglis out of Shield final given he's in India?

Bancroft, Whiteman, SMarsh, Cartwright, Wylie, Hardie, Phillippe, Paris, Roccicoli, Stobo/Kelly, Morris

If Kelly plays it's literally the same XI from last year's final??

The batting is also tricky.
Is it Marsh or Wyllie at 3?
Let’s not underestimate the selectors feelings towards Marsh”s 60 no this week.

Then if they go Marsh, is it Wyllie or Turner at 6?

I love Turner, and his form is impeccable, but don’t be surprised if Marsh 3, Wyllie 6 eventuates.
This is what worries me and has all season...trying to get Shaun back into the side

and really ...I hate to say it we are carrying him a bit

and it could hurt us

It's an interesting one - I think our fond memories of that era often trick us as to how regularly we were able to have all the heavy hitters on the park at once.

This is the 96-97 Merc Mutual Cup-winning side that sparked the late-90s dynasty under Clark/Moody.

Hussey
Campbell
Martyn
Moody*
Gilchrist+
Goodwin
Hogg
Atkinson
Harvey
Stewart
Angel

Pretty handy, but I'd take Kelly and Agar over Atko and Stewart.
Geez, that's a good line-up as well though. Get Langer and Julian in there and it would have been about on par with Wednesday's line-up.

Happy retirement to the SOS who wasn't part of the Carltank brown paper bag mob.

A loyal servant of WA and Aus who deserved a lot more respect than he got.

So good was he that they put his name on the front of every Shield player's shirt.

Happy retirement to the SOS who wasn't part of the Carltank brown paper bag mob.

A loyal servant of WA and Aus who deserved a lot more respect than he got.

So good was he that they put his name on the front of every Shield player's shirt.
Yeah 100 percent agree

Fantastic servant for wa cricket and was unlucky due to injuries not to play more test cricket

That cover drive perfection :)

Well done SOS legend of wa cricket

This is what worries me and has all season...trying to get Shaun back into the side

and really ...I hate to say it we are carrying him a bit

and it could hurt us
I have total confidence in the selectors and group.
They are making the right calls, some of which are very tough.

Is Inglis out of Shield final given he's in India?

Bancroft, Whiteman, SMarsh, Cartwright, Wylie, Hardie, Phillippe, Paris, Roccicoli, Stobo/Kelly, Morris

If Kelly plays it's literally the same XI from last year's final??
Wyllie 3 by the sounds.
So 6 is between Short, Fanning, Turner..

You’re spot on with the Stobo/Kelly.
Will be an interesting call.

Whitemen (c)
Bancroft
Wylie
Cartwright
Hardie
Turner
Phillipe (Wk)
Paris
Morris
Stobo
Rocc

Team isn't elite but good enough to win the shielf. Tho reckon Hardie/Wylie/Phillipe/Turner really need to step up and not put the pressure on the seniors to make the runs.

Would be nice if they can release anyone that doesn't look like they're a chance to play any ODI's in India.

Whitemen (c)
Bancroft
Wylie
Cartwright
Hardie
Turner
Phillipe (Wk)
Paris
Morris
Stobo
Rocc

Team isn't elite but good enough to win the shielf. Tho reckon Hardie/Wylie/Phillipe/Turner really need to step up and not put the pressure on the seniors to make the runs.

Would be nice if they can release anyone that doesn't look like they're a chance to play any ODI's in India.
That’s my side also..except I think we will go Kelly.

And yes it would be good/better if the fringe guys stood up.

But…a bit harsh including Wyllie.

I also think Whiteman is really due, double ton due.

Cricket is so exciting, I don’t get the Test section forum of constantly complaining about cricket.

5 down, 1 to go.

That’s my side also..except I think we will go Kelly.

And yes it would be good/better if the fringe guys stood up.

But…a bit harsh including Wyllie.

I also think Whiteman is really due, double ton due.

Cricket is so exciting, I don’t get the Test section forum of constantly complaining about cricket.

5 down, 1 to go.
Since his 193 v SA in Nov he's had heaps of starts but only 1 50 plus score and sitting second behind Bangers in the leading runs. Hiltons in a similar position too with 6 50's only this and not really good enough for a bloke coming in at 4-5. Really hoping that Flip can regain his form of last year now that he is given the gloves at 7 again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back