Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be surprised if Agar wasn't playing Shield when available given he's currently the third choice spinner for Australia
Bowling average in the 40s after 60 odd FC games...time for a rethink perhaps.....still only 28 though.....guess has time on his side to improve that red ball stat....or make it worse.

A

Know anything about Sam Fanning? Stats look good for grade cricket & he’s been in the extended squad for the last 2 shield games.
ex NSW youngster, definitely putting his hand up scoring 1000+ runs in the A grade comp...hopefully will keep putting his hand up over the next few seasons

Last edited:
Some great talent coming through for WA....Wyllie, Goodwin, Connolly, Hardie, Phillipe, Morris, Rocco etc....would like to think the likes of Stonis, Agar and Short are no longer walk up starts for WA in the red ball format. M Marsh obviously will be, not sure Green will play too many Shield games for WA due to his Aust commitments..... Richardson and Behrendorf only add to WA fast bowling stocks when available.

Presuming SOS retires:

all internationals available:

Bancroft
Whiteman
M.Marsh
Green
Cartwright
Stoinis/Phillippe
Inglis+
Hardie
Agar
Paris
Richardson

Internationals away on tour:

Whiteman
Goodwin
Bancroft
Cartwright
Wyllie
Phillippe
Hardie
Paris
Kelly
Rocc
Morris

Wouldn't surprise if Philippe goes east to get more WK opportunities with Inglis behind Carey for the foreseeable red ball future....and with Nevil now retired.....hope not....but could happen....left the Scorchers for the very same reason a few years back

Not sure how well this table will post - had tallied up all the titles since 2014 -
BBL x 4, ODD x 4, Shield x 1
Of those, Turner has played in 7 and SMarsh 6, quite a few on 4-5.
Really rapt for Joel Paris, played in 2014 ODD title then nothing until this Shield.
Hope I've captured correctly.

TITLESBBLODDShield
Turner
7​
3​
4​
0​
Smarsh
6​
2​
3​
1​
Behrendorf
6​
3​
3​
0​
Whiteman
5​
3​
1​
1​
Cartwright
5​
1​
3​
1​
Richardson
5​
2​
3​
0​
Tye
5​
3​
2​
0​
Coulter Nile
5​
2​
3​
0​
Bancroft
4​
0​
3​
1​
Agar
4​
2​
2​
0​
Voges
4​
3​
1​
0​
Klinger
4​
2​
2​
0​
Kelly
3​
0​
2​
1​
Mmarsh
3​
2​
1​
0​
Short
3​
0​
3​
0​
Phillippe
2​
0​
1​
1​
Hardie
2​
0​
1​
1​
Hogg
2​
2​
0​
0​
Paris
2​
0​
1​
1​
Simmons
2​
1​
1​
0​
Green
1​
0​
1​
0​
Inglis
1​
1​
0​
0​
Stoinis
1​
0​
1​
0​
Wylie
1​
0​
0​
1​
Morris
1​
0​
0​
1​
Roccicoli
1​
0​
0​
1​
Bell
1​
1​
0​
0​
Bresnan
1​
1​
0​
0​
Johnson
1​
1​
0​
0​
Katich
1​
1​
0​
0​
Cummins
1​
1​
0​
0​
Thomas
1​
1​
0​
0​
Carberry
1​
1​
0​
0​
Arafat
1​
1​
0​
0​
Evans
1​
1​
0​
0​
Patterson
1​
1​
0​
0​
Munro
1​
1​
0​
0​
Peter H
1​
1​
0​
0​
Harris
1​
0​
1​
0​
Rimmington
1​
0​
1​
0​

Should also give some props to Roccihiccioli, in just his 4th FC match he really should be proud of his contributions too.

It was a very good all-round effort. Rocchiccioli had one first class run in his previous three games before the final then comes out and hits 50 off 29 balls.

Not sure how well this table will post - had tallied up all the titles since 2014 -
BBL x 4, ODD x 4, Shield x 1
Of those, Turner has played in 7 and SMarsh 6, quite a few on 4-5.
Really rapt for Joel Paris, played in 2014 ODD title then nothing until this Shield.
Hope I've captured correctly.

TITLESBBLODDShield
Turner
7​
3​
4​
0​
Smarsh
6​
2​
3​
1​
Behrendorf
6​
3​
3​
0​
Whiteman
5​
3​
1​
1​
Cartwright
5​
1​
3​
1​
Richardson
5​
2​
3​
0​
Tye
5​
3​
2​
0​
Coulter Nile
5​
2​
3​
0​
Bancroft
4​
0​
3​
1​
Agar
4​
2​
2​
0​
Voges
4​
3​
1​
0​
Klinger
4​
2​
2​
0​
Kelly
3​
0​
2​
1​
Mmarsh
3​
2​
1​
0​
Short
3​
0​
3​
0​
Phillippe
2​
0​
1​
1​
Hardie
2​
0​
1​
1​
Hogg
2​
2​
0​
0​
Paris
2​
0​
1​
1​
Simmons
2​
1​
1​
0​
Green
1​
0​
1​
0​
Inglis
1​
1​
0​
0​
Stoinis
1​
0​
1​
0​
Wylie
1​
0​
0​
1​
Morris
1​
0​
0​
1​
Roccicoli
1​
0​
0​
1​
Bell
1​
1​
0​
0​
Bresnan
1​
1​
0​
0​
Johnson
1​
1​
0​
0​
Katich
1​
1​
0​
0​
Cummins
1​
1​
0​
0​
Thomas
1​
1​
0​
0​
Carberry
1​
1​
0​
0​
Arafat
1​
1​
0​
0​
Evans
1​
1​
0​
0​
Patterson
1​
1​
0​
0​
Munro
1​
1​
0​
0​
Peter H
1​
1​
0​
0​
Harris
1​
0​
1​
0​
Rimmington
1​
0​
1​
0​
Peter H?

If everyones available I’d go

Whiteman
Bancroft
Green
MMarsh
Stoinis
Philippe
Inglis
Hardie
Agar
Richardson
Paris

Reserves
SMarsh
Turner
Cartright
Short
Wyllie
Morris
Kelly
Rocchiccioli
You will pretty much never have everyone available.
Pretty sure Philippe will leave as he won't be our keeper.

I wouldn't have Stoinis.
Also cannot see them dropping our captain.

You will pretty much never have everyone available.
Pretty sure Philippe will leave as he won't be our keeper.

I wouldn't have Stoinis.
Also cannot see them dropping our captain.
That’s the thing about hypotheticals, they’re probably never going to occur and you can’t be wrong. I’d have Stoinis in the side every day of the week but that’s just me, SMarsh would be squeezed out if I had to pick the 11. Its a good little exercise to show the depth of our squad, nothing more.

Im hoping Phillipe wants to be a middle order bat who fills in behind the stumps when needed and sticks around. Once he takes up the gloves full time he will likely have less of a chance of higher honours if he gets pigeon holed as a full time keeper and stuck behind a couple of others.

That’s the thing about hypotheticals, they’re probably never going to occur and you can’t be wrong. I’d have Stoinis in the side every day of the week but that’s just me, SMarsh would be squeezed out if I had to pick the 11. Its a good little exercise to show the depth of our squad, nothing more.

Im hoping Phillipe wants to be a middle order bat who fills in behind the stumps when needed and sticks around. Once he takes up the gloves full time he will likely have less of a chance of higher honours if he gets pigeon holed as a full time keeper and stuck behind a couple of others.
I'm pretty sure Philippe wants to keep, hence his move to Sydney for the BBL.

I'm not sure if he's good enough to play purely as a bat just yet.
He had a decent Shield year, but batting 6 in the best side in the comp isn't that hard.
I'd probably pick one or few others before him if he doesn't keep TBH.

Edit* I also don't know who would captain if Smarsh misses.
There's no way I would give it to MM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a decent Shield year, but batting 6 in the best side in the comp isn't that hard.

whiteman

mitch is the state captain when he's around isn't he?

Some great talent coming through for WA....Wyllie, Goodwin, Connolly, Hardie, Phillipe, Morris, Rocco etc....would like to think the likes of Stonis, Agar and Short are no longer walk up starts for WA in the red ball format. M Marsh obviously will be, not sure Green will play too many Shield games for WA due to his Aust commitments..... Richardson and Behrendorf only add to WA fast bowling stocks when available.
Amazing young talent coming through...... when I see this I can only sigh heavily when compared to the Redbacks.....

With everyone available, where will they fit all these kids? Understand international duties etc will take some of the more experienced guys (as as well as retirements perhaps) but is there is risk of any of these young ones fleeing to other states to get more first class exposure?

Amazing young talent coming through...... when I see this I can only sigh heavily when compared to the Redbacks.....

With everyone available, where will they fit all these kids? Understand international duties etc will take some of the more experienced guys (as as well as retirements perhaps) but is there is risk of any of these young ones fleeing to other states to get more first class exposure?

Looking to land your next Theo Doropoulos, Jake Carder or Will Bosisto? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back