Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Steel Eagles

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
Palmyra
AFL Club
West Coast
Cameron Bancroft has gone from Ashes opener to state discard in the space of six months after Western Australia dropped the out-of-sorts batsman for their must-win Marsh Sheffield Shield clash with Queensland at the WACA Ground.

WA selectors have finally lost patience with Bancroft, who begun the summer as a surprise inclusion in the Test squad but has managed just 158 runs at 13.16 with a top score of 30 from 13 Shield innings this season.

Can't argue with the decision, has been very poor all season.

About time and a good wake up call.

So former Australian players Cartwright, Turner and Bancroft playing in grade cricket at the moment. Well deserved as their form has been poor but what a waste of talent by them.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cameron Bancroft has gone from Ashes opener to state discard in the space of six months after Western Australia dropped the out-of-sorts batsman for their must-win Marsh Sheffield Shield clash with Queensland at the WACA Ground.

WA selectors have finally lost patience with Bancroft, who begun the summer as a surprise inclusion in the Test squad but has managed just 158 runs at 13.16 with a top score of 30 from 13 Shield innings this season.

Can't argue with the decision, has been very poor all season.

the scary thing was he was still in the frame with the selectors for the AUS team lol. Langers lovechild.

I don’t believe that kind of thinking is ever true. If it’s the coaching, change the coaches.
You don’t think players ever need a fresh start? If that’s going to be true of anybody over the past year or so it’s going to be Bancroft.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
You don’t think players ever need a fresh start? If that’s going to be true of anybody over the past year or so it’s going to be Bancroft.
I don’t think it matters if he’s batting in Perth, Melbourne or Sydney, the problems are the same and the work required is the same. If someone is unhappy in the team, then of course leaving for a happier environment makes sense. But if he’s not unhappy in the team, then a change of scenery isn’t really relevant.

But given the fall from grace of several players, I’m starting to think the coaching is the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wolmeister

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
The guys on Sport FM were talking about Stoinis wanting to go back to Melbourne. Experienced player who really hasn't delivered much in 4 day cricket for WA. I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Pacman Carney

All Australian
Aug 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The guys on Sport FM were talking about Stoinis wanting to go back to Melbourne. Experienced player who really hasn't delivered much in 4 day cricket for WA. I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Also talk of Zampa leaving SA for Victoria as well.
2 buddies playing together

Wish there was a trade system in place, we'd get good draft picks for Stoinis
Hmmm. After you 'delisted' him and he became a household name at Victoria, what would you have paid for him in draft picks then? Let's just call it even, eh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back