Shaun Marsh
David Moody
Lance Morris
Joel Paris
Corey Rocchiccioli
D’Arcy Short
Ashton Turner
Sam Whiteman

Mitch Marsh has a "moderate to high grade syndesmosis injury to his right ankle", timeline to come back is unclear

Batsmen: Bancroft, Cartwright, Green, Inglis, Marsh, Short, Turner, Whiteman, Hardie?
Bowlers: Agar, Gannon, Guthrie, Kelly, Moody, Morris, Paris, Rocchiccioli

Light on batsmen unless they plan on Agar batting 7 at stages.

Last edited:
If I'm picking a side from that;

Bancroft
Whiteman
Marsh
Turner
Green
Short
Inglis
Agar
Paris
Kelly
Gannon

Imagine they'll want to give Hilton a crack at three or four though.
I'd imagine Hilton would be ahead of Turner. Better bat last year and the seam change up could be handy if they elect to go with Rochiccioli and Agar if Green still can't bowl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I'm picking a side from that;

Bancroft
Inglis
Marsh
Turner
Cartwright
Green
Short
Agar
Paris
Kelly
Gannon

Imagine they'll want to give Whiteman first crack at opening though.
My top 7 if green can’t bowl

Bancroft
Whiteman
Marsh
Green
Turner
Inglis
Agar

if he can I’d bring in short and bat Green at 6/7

Looks like Green has been remodelling his action and picked up a side strain

will commence the season as a bat only with bowling in the near(ish) future (inside the first 4 games)

source: cricket Australia website

good news I suppose - hopefully his bowling remains potent

My friend has worked at the WACA for 15 years.

Said the Justin Langer era was the best purely in the development of the collective character quality of the players. Every staff member was treated respectfully and courteously by the players, down to lowliest cleaner. It was always a community with JL.

This changed under Voges in the first couple of years, but apparently he's finally got it right during COVID and it's getting back to the way it was under JL.

The players really want to be there - bold prediction is that this is the year we win the shield.

This is also the year that half a dozen WA players will be primed for national selection.

Great to hear
We have started well but its only SA.
Whiteman i don't think is an opener, so there's one batting spot we need to find. I guess you throw a Mitch Marsh back in pending international duty. Is Stoinis still playing 4 day?
I'm not against giving Darcy Short the opportunity and hopefully proving he can do it, but others have probably seen enough to say I'm mad. Gives another option with the ball too.

Inglis is in for a BIG Year - I know Carey is the incumbent, but gee he could give him a run for his money...

Well, I'll take top of the table and run with it - even taking into account how weird this has been. Even with the roads they've been playing on, the consistency from the top order is really encouraging compared to previous years.

Hoping we get at least one round on a juiced up WACA/Optus before the BBL kicks off.

Feels a lot more positive, batting has been really solid. Full credit to the top order, though I think most batsmen would be appreciating the highways so far. And we are yet to play Vic and QLD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back