Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
they chose between him and kade harvey (JL's assistant) last time, there's more chance of me getting a game than of them doing any sort of market check

To be fair, Casson and Katich are filling out the other senior coaching positions and are hardly beloved by the usual WACA insiders, and Matt Mason seems to be doing a pretty solid job getting the bowlers back on the park and keeping them there.

Definitely needs to be a mentality shift around recruitment though, no question.

So you guys will probably be without the 9 players for the clashes against Victoria, but it'll be interesting to see which of Agar, Turner, Short and Philippe get picked for the Tassie match. I'd be going with something like:

Bancroft
Whiteman
S Marsh?
Green
Cartwright
Short
Inglis (+)
Agar
Paris
Kelly
Gannon

Pretty handy line up

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
So you guys will probably be without the 9 players for the clashes against Victoria, but it'll be interesting to see which of Agar, Turner, Short and Philippe get picked for the Tassie match. I'd be going with something like:

Bancroft
Whiteman
S Marsh?
Green
Cartwright
Short
Inglis (+)
Agar
Paris
Kelly
Gannon

Pretty handy line up
You'd think Stoinis
Philippe
S Marsh
Green
M Marsh
Turner
Inglis
Agar
Richardson
Paris and
Dorf

Short in for Smarsh if he's unavailable.

You'd think Stoinis
Philippe
S Marsh
Green
M Marsh
Turner
Inglis
Agar
Richardson
Paris and
Dorf

Short in for Smarsh if he's unavailable.
Except Stoinis, Marsh and Richardson are all unavailable due to the IPL

Squad: Cameron Bancroft, Jake Carder, Hilton Cartwright, Cameron Gannon, Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie, Josh Inglis, Matthew Kelly, Shaun Marsh, David Moody, Lance Morris, Joel Paris, Corey Rocchiccioli, Sam Whiteman

Having a crack at the 11 for TAS game
Bancroft, Whiteman, SMarsh, Green, M Marsh, Phillipe, Inglis, Agar, Paris, Kelly, Gannon
Hilton unlucky 12th man
Carder and Morris miss out
Phillipe and Mitch Marsh have IPL and D'Arcy Short would be ahead of Phillipe and Cartwright anyway.

Philippe pulled out of IPL for personal reasons a few weeks ago, and Marsh also pulled out in the last 24 hours.

Western Australia Squad:

1. Mitch Marsh (C)
2. Ashton Agar
3. Cam Bancroft
4. Jake Carder
5. Hilton Cartwright
6. Cameron Gannon
7. Cameron Green
8. Josh Inglis
9. Matt Kelly
10. Shaun Marsh
11. Lance Morris
12. Joel Paris
13. Josh Philippe
14. Sam Whiteman

12th man will be named at the toss.

In: Mitchell Marsh, Ashton Agar, Josh Philippe
Out: Aaron Hardie, David Moody, Corey Rocchiccioli (all omitted)

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Short is very unlucky then. Deserves an actual crack in the middle order
I think some tough calls need to be made soon if WA want to keep Philippe. SOS should go around again so that leaves guys like Short Phillipe, Hilton, Stoinis really fighting for or two spots. Hilton is the worst of the lot but is decent cover when the Aussie players are out. Personally speaking I'd probably wouldn't see Short as a huge loss for WA.

I think some tough calls need to be made soon if WA want to keep Philippe. SOS should go around again so that leaves guys like Short Phillipe, Hilton, Stoinis really fighting for or two spots. Hilton is the worst of the lot but is decent cover when the Aussie players are out. Personally speaking I'd probably wouldn't see Short as a huge loss for WA.
I think, in terms of FC cricket at least, I'd have Short, Hilton, Phillipe then Stoinis last.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

Philippe wants to leave....no point keeping hold of him if he doesn't want to be here

Back