Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I reckon about 94/95 is when it sticks out for me. I remember Martyn captaining and having the poster of them all posed around the scoreboard.

Around the same time hitting the Mercantile Mutual sign and winning $50k became a thing.

Those were the days... I remember summer Sundays in the early 2000's turning on the old TV (4 channels) and having the game played out through the day.

Perty4

Club Legend
Dec 29, 2002
No where you'd find
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bit of both. Was bound to happen with the Scorchers disbanding, combination of evolution of change and other states targetting our players. But reading in the press each time, NCN and Marsh particuarly quoting the WACA Not offering deals until late, low balling on length and $$$. We are making a concious call on some of these. There must be some serious salary cap concerns as they have lost Hilton, NCN, Marsh and only gained Fawad back.
I'm very concerned at the direction we are heading in. Voges seems out of his depth

Mitch Marsh, Agar & Tye all lost their Australian contracts this year. Bancroft and Cartwright did last year. Shaun Marsh will next year. Hard to keep playing for unders when the rug is pulled out from under you.
That doesn't apply for BBL I believe

I don't understand what you mean. Players that lose one income source will look to increase income from other sources.
I meant that CA contracts mean that they don't need to get paid by the states other than match payments, but that doesn't apply for the BBL

DurtleAU

Senior List
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Bookies have WA as second favourite to win Sheffield Shield. Can WA return to glory by winning the 2019/2020 competition?

DurtleAU

Senior List
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I think the players are experienced enough to limit the limitations of the coaching staff.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
SQUAD NAMED

Ashton Turner (capt)
Ashton Agar
Cameron Bancroft
Hilton Cartwright
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Cameron Green
Matt Kelly
Shaun Marsh
Josh Philippe
Jhye Richardson
D'ArcyShort
Marcus Stoinis
Andrew Tye

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Phillipe plays for the Sixers and kept.

Whiteman is fit, just a hard squad to get into. He’s been opening up in the warm up games but not made any runs.
That’s right, no idea how I forgot that. Have they played short form together? Can’t remember last years ODI tournament other than we were top of the table and didn’t win it.

That’s right, no idea how I forgot that. Have they played short form together? Can’t remember last years ODI tournament other than we were top of the table and didn’t win it.
Mash spud was banned and Inglis kept I'm pretty sure.

Back