Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

well you would think they would have enough if you loose all those high priced players.

whisper has it they have the same budget as last year?

player losess from west would hurt any side

holmes, davey, obriens x2 , crocker , ryan, bromley, wilson, cowell, jones.

i defiy any side to recover from that.

question should be asked why couldnt ransom recruit any one

Going the Junior development route. Then wait till the Adelaide boys come back next year and have another crack? Or maybe they just forgot.

Going the Junior development route. Then wait till the Adelaide boys come back next year and have another crack? Or maybe they just forgot.

Possibility davey and wilson will return if things dont work out. I would say holmes will not return to the club.
If they have the money why haven't they recruited?
Did the optus deal go through?

player losess from west would hurt any side

holmes, davey, obriens x2 , crocker , ryan, bromley, wilson, cowell, jones.

i defiy any side to recover from that.

Question should be asked why couldnt ransom recruit any one
How come Millicent lost Gassy, Murray, 2 x Ridleys, Sullivan, McGrath, Bryant etc and are going ok????

How come Millicent lost Gassy, Murray, 2 x Ridleys, Sullivan, McGrath, Bryant etc and are going ok????
there key fwds were inconsistent, ridley's relied on there talent, and that was'nt going to make them a step up automatically and brett mgrath was too inconsistent and easily led.
Of Sullivan n Bryant, over the past three years would have easily been millicent's most consistent.

Mate when I saw him play 4/5 years ago he looked pretty good. Take a good mark and clever. Not big and doesn't kick along way. Could take a specky and kick a bag on a good day.
Don't know much about him recently.

Being an ex-umpire I am very Disturbed at what is happening with SEFUL at the moment with they crying to the VCFL about tribunal outcomes they did not like. And then coming out in the media stating that umpires wont tolerate abuse and we should respect them. There are a couple of points there 1 When I was umpiring we were always told to accept the tribunal outcomes no matter what it is. 2 People have to earn respect and not demand it as the SEFUL are doing at the moment.

And on that I went along to what I thought would be a good game of football between North and Imperials I got that but what I also got was the most disgraceful exhibition of umpiring by three umpires that I have seen in all my time in umpiring. One was running around trying to look like he was an AFL umpire and forgot that the football is about the teams playing not him and it would help if he actually paid a decision and hope a correct one, And a senior umpire I umpired with maybe should have retired when I did as his decision making was poor bordering on bias, the other one had no idea.
So could the two Terry`s get their act together and sought this out instead of worrying about your own ego`s or we wont have any umpires left to try and earn respect. As it was the umpiring that caused the couple of nasty incidents in the last quarter as they lost control early.

I assume the umpires were favouring towards north. I have noticed this on several occasions especially on their home ground. Does this club need these sort of favours, its not good for the game.

I assume the umpires were favouring towards north. I have noticed this on several occasions especially on their home ground. Does this club need these sort of favours, its not good for the game.

Tradionaly if you can break even with the frees against north then its a win for your club. If you can get even close to a 50/50 when you head into Vic then you are going great.
I wonder if the Vics feel the same when they come to SA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No ??? what I was saying is that they were so inconsistent with their decisions, in that they would not pay the first second or third free but pay the next one and then when the samething happened later they did not pay it. As umpires they should be consistent in what they pay in free kicks so players and coaches then can instruct the team on how they are going to umpire, but on saturday this did not happen that is why players got frustrated and the umpires lost control.

Being an ex-umpire I am very Disturbed at what is happening with SEFUL at the moment with they crying to the VCFL about tribunal outcomes they did not like. And then coming out in the media stating that umpires wont tolerate abuse and we should respect them. There are a couple of points there 1 When I was umpiring we were always told to accept the tribunal outcomes no matter what it is. 2 People have to earn respect and not demand it as the SEFUL are doing at the moment.

And on that I went along to what I thought would be a good game of football between North and Imperials I got that but what I also got was the most disgraceful exhibition of umpiring by three umpires that I have seen in all my time in umpiring. One was running around trying to look like he was an AFL umpire and forgot that the football is about the teams playing not him and it would help if he actually paid a decision and hope a correct one, And a senior umpire I umpired with maybe should have retired when I did as his decision making was poor bordering on bias, the other one had no idea.
So could the two Terry`s get their act together and sought this out instead of worrying about your own ego`s or we wont have any umpires left to try and earn respect. As it was the umpiring that caused the couple of nasty incidents in the last quarter as they lost control early.
Was one a young tall streak of duck s**t that had absolutely no idea and strutted around like he was Hitler? If it was he must have photo's of the Umpire director with Peter Slipper as this is the only way he would be getting a gig!

Imps over Millicent today it looks like they will be far better this year. All the other results went as expected South too good for a dumbed down East side. This club has been wrecked by incompetents for decades imo. Casterton too good for a very depleted West with Portland back in familiar territory on top of the ladder!

Imps over Millicent today it looks like they will be far better this year. All the other results went as expected South too good for a dumbed down East side. This club has been wrecked by incompetents for decades imo. Casterton too good for a very depleted West with Portland back in familiar territory on top of the ladder!

East are hopeless!!!!!

Actually North are on top by a whisker and Millicent beat Imps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back