Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgive my ignorance, but where can I find the list of players applying for a clearance? Can't see anything useful on the VCFL website.

I see that South has denied a heap of clearances Bell, Wilson, Walsmley, L Von Duve wonder whats going on down at Demon Land?

I see that South has denied a heap of clearances Bell, Wilson, Walsmley, L Von Duve wonder whats going on down at Demon Land?
I do believe these players have had there clearances knocked back because they either have a club jumper still or owe money, other than that i can't see South having any other reason not to clear them.

The more you talk Butch "Mc Connell" the more I think you would fit right in with the yellow bellies. You are even an expert in the fashion department... VOTE 1 Butch Kennedy, Nth Gambier President 2011.
you all get on really well over that way by the sound of it.nothing gay here but i reckon north are a good bunch of people and a good club.i think if you talk about gays the way you do maybe you have all got something hidden in the closet ????? hmmmmmm

Met the North recruits on the weekend. They made a good impression NOT. Will fit in with the gay community quiet well.

Did hear one of the new recruits got kicked out of the south aus pub and was big noting himself a bit. Will learn mount gambier is a small place and word gets around. So far can see the top 5 being close like last year most likely be out of north west Hamilton Portland millicent

Did hear one of the new recruits got kicked out of the south aus pub and was big noting himself a bit. Will learn mount gambier is a small place and word gets around. So far can see the top 5 being close like last year most likely be out of north west Hamilton Portland millicent
Latest rumour in the mount is that Hamilton paid flemming $10,000 sign on fee and paying him $1000 a game. If that is anywhere near the truth Hamilton are going the wrong way about things espescially flemming. Bit past it now, and everyone know he only plays for money. BUT this is the way Russell recruits. Know for a fact that flemming will be only training once a fortnight because of arvo shift with his work. Can't be good either with othr recruits like 2 fiora's, hanson, know they wont be training as they didnt when playing for west.

Agreed mate I am not from there either and it really sounds childish to me! And as far as the impression that was made if they were big noting then they have done nothing but put pressure on themselves and it is a small town there are going to be Chinese whispers by rival clubs to try and crucify these new blokes! Again let's just leave the talking for the footy field!
Butch molly meldrum kennedy, your not from north but you seem to know a hell of alot about there footy club.Maybe you start worrying about your home town hamilton and pass on a few ideas to them as you seem to know a fair bit.I would start telling them that they should stop playing players who cant get a kick in the mid se.secondly the north president wants you to lead there float in the mardi gras in sydney this year, and by the sounds of it you would be the ideal candidate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering if any teams have had any trial games as yet, and what they've looked like. Getting closer to the start of the season, will be interesting to see who takes the elastoplast cup seriously and run there new recruits. Enough about North, think they're a little cocky, but only time will tell. They wouldnt want to get to fa ahead of themselves and then drop an easy game like last year to imps..

All I posted was I heard they got themselves some new recruits... You all jumped on it like a fat kid on a cake! You have provided me with enough info to get all you old ladies gasbagging you are honestly worse than the local bingo center... Read back through the posts tell me what I really know and if I am really from the club! The reason I have got on Nth is because you all couldn't wait to bag them I hope the fish up there take a bite as easy as you Homophobic bogans... I am not Butch 'creek' Kennedy I am not Butch'molly meldrum'Kennedy! I am just plain old Butch I will bring a sign with me to the games with my name on it you can come have a beer with me ! But if you want women better leave them at home :)

Go Tigers!
I will not be setting foot in that ground unless i have a bag of corks on me.and i would be wasting my time having a beer with a bloke who has played no senior footy.

I will not be setting foot in that ground unless i have a bag of corks on me.and i would be wasting my time having a beer with a bloke who has played no senior footy.

Whats all this talk with people having to have played senior footy to be worthy of having a beer with or posting on this thread. Seriously, some people are granted with God given talent to play a great game that we all love, others are not, doesn't mean they don't know a thing about football or have no right to talk about the game. Not that much talk about football is going on here - lets get back on track and talk about an exciting season to come!

As quoted by Butch Meldrum on Feb 13th at 8:55........

"Agreed! Nth Gambier seem to be shaping up pretty well could it be the year of the Tiger? McConnell and the board by the sounds of things have recruited quite well.... A couple of local boys coming back to the club plus a couple of hard nuts from the Ballarat League.... 60+ at training definitely would be buzzin around the club!"

Only a local who watches training, probably Nth board member the way he's talking himself up would know this.

Few more clearances for North from Ballarat and SA, will be interesting to see what kind of players he's aimed to recruit, or if they're just his mate's. Maybe needs a couple of onballers to match West, who have so many onballers they can swing through the guts. North are getting older and are looking like the South of last year, but does McConnell have the balls to drop them for younger one's? Are Heywood going to be able to field 3 teams, at this stage you would be thinking no, unfortunate for them with all the work they have put in as a town.
Now with the clearances and all that taking place who's going to win the following?

Top 5 - West, North, Portland, Hamilton, Millicent
League Medalist - Tom Holmes/Lachlan Heering (North from Ballarat)
Leading goalkicker - J Ryan if doesnt get suspended or injured

You are a very switched on operator warhog, agree with most of it! Dont think Heywood will field any teams this year and it will be a 9 team comp come round 1.

Ladder - WEST, NORTH, PORTLAND, MILLICENT, SOUTH, east, hamilton, cast, imps, ?
League Medalist - Tim Stringer
Leading Goalkicker - Jarrod Ryan

I doubt Heywood will fail to field any sides, while things certainly don't look promising at the Lions there are good numbers of young fellas at the club (20+) and enough adults to at least get one side on the park at this stage. It is certainly going to take a mountain of work from the current playing group and Shane Keegan and no one should expect the senior side to be too competitive, but the league's 10th side should at least get out on the ground.
That ladder you've constructed looks pretty good though, I'd maybe slip Imperials a little higher, possibly ahead of East. Will Millicent be able to back up on last year's grand final appearance? My feeling was they got the absolute best out of themselves and could slip a bit.

I doubt Heywood will fail to field any sides, while things certainly don't look promising at the Lions there are good numbers of young fellas at the club (20+) and enough adults to at least get one side on the park at this stage. It is certainly going to take a mountain of work from the current playing group and Shane Keegan and no one should expect the senior side to be too competitive, but the league's 10th side should at least get out on the ground.
That ladder you've constructed looks pretty good though, I'd maybe slip Imperials a little higher, possibly ahead of East. Will Millicent be able to back up on last year's grand final appearance? My feeling was they got the absolute best out of themselves and could slip a bit.

Well that sounds encouraging for heywood, I'll take my hat off to them if they can put the players on the park. Think Millicent will slip a bit totally agree with u there. Not long to go now, the start of the season is coming up very quick, hope teams haven't left there pee season too late cas there are some fit looking teams out there

You are a very switched on operator warhog, agree with most of it! Dont think Heywood will field any teams this year and it will be a 9 team comp come round 1.

Ladder - west, north, portland, imps, millicent, hamilton, east, casterton, south, heywood
League Medalist - ransom, mconnel
Leading Goalkicker - ryan as long as he keeps his nose clean
will be interesting to see how this hayse goes at portland, apparently n interleague player in the ovens and murray

Interesting ladder from requestingtalent. Not sure how you have last years wooden spooners finishing 4th, Hamilton finished above them last year and have already picked up some quality recruits. Honestly cannot see South finishing 2nd last. Have still got 15-20 quality western border players to pick from each week.

Personally cannot see South dropping that far down, def around 5th or 6th spot.

Top 5 West, North, Portland, Hamilton, Millicent, South, Imps, East, Casterton, Heywood
League Medalist. Brad Wilson
Leading Goal Kicker. Shane Hanson

I reckon Heywood will just pull a side together for the seniors, but made up mostly of the 18's and don't see them gettin a ressies team out.
It's ok to have those young ones committed and coming through but as the past has shown without any success they won't stay around in the long run, so I don't see the Lions going too far this season atleast.

Top 5. North, West, Portland, Hamilton and ???
League Medalist. Aaron Fiora
Leading Goal Kicker. Jarred Ryan

Personally cannot see South dropping that far down, def around 5th or 6th spot.

Top 5 West, North, Portland, Hamilton, Millicent, South, Imps, East, Casterton, Heywood
League Medalist. Brad Wilson
Leading Goal Kicker. Shane Hanson
my ladder, south still have some quality there just dont need injuries.
West, North, millicent, portland, south,hamilton,east, imps, cats, heywood.
League medallist.Mconnel or stringer.
Goal kicker:Murray- millicent, or ogolive-south if he plays big raps on him, from previous quotes early on apparently.

Hanson was'nt good when he was at West, so be very doubtful he's improved too be a league leading goal kicker in the space of 10 years.....and they would hope that Fleming's matches the coin he's meant be on !? can't fathom that...a minor league veteran reportedly on a hell of a lot. But hey...that's how Russell's stuffed his previous clubs up before.

Seem's very eery or ironic that Butch Kennedy suddenly pops up outta no where just as when North have clearances pending for two players from Darley in the Ballarat fl, your not one of them 'butch' !? sounds very similar too Kingofbighits and his arrival into these threads just as heywoods previous coach in Sinclair landed on our leagues shore. And you are just as popular on the Ballarat threads as you are starting to gain here...:D:cool::p

Speaking of North !? two recruits of the same last name (Whelan), yet picked up from different states...and the third one Herring !? all seem likely types from mid range clubs in the york peninsula fl and ballarat fl's. Named best against the bottom sides yet hardly mentioned against the top sides.
One is meant too be a man mountain you will notice !? the other of the three recruits is related to MacConnell !? is that correct....

from your previous posts you are very close to the heywood footy club lfb, can you tell us why so many players would want to walk out on the club and head to the minor league??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back