Preview Western Bulldogs 2013 Membership Count

Remove this Banner Ad

December 19th last year we had 17,732 :eek:
Interestingly, there seems to be less correlation twixt where you start and where you finish then you'd think. 2008 Started 2nd lowest, finished 2nd lowest 2009 started Lowest, finished lowest. 2010 Started 3rd lowest, finished by far the highest. 2011 Started equal highest, finished 2nd. 2012 started highest, finished 3rd highest by a fair way.

It seems that it will trend pretty much as it is doing from January to mid April, and then will drop off and you'll likely get a couple or more thousand before June. I don't have quite so complete data from the earlier years, so I can't tell if these earlier months will see the trend continue as they are now, but I guess we'll see. With Chrissy presents though one would guess that the early figures are a tad inflated. We'll see. Do you have more complete info then is on that graph Werewolf?

Adelaide - NP
Brisbane - 12,493
Carlton - 26,810
Collingwood - NP
Essendon - 31,369
Fremantle - NP
Geelong - 19,883
Gold Coast - 6,714
GWS - 6,179
Hawthorn - 41,871
Melbourne - 20,145
North Melbourne - 18,203
Port Adelaide - 14,826
Richmond - 28,889
St Kilda - 20,715
Sydney - 16,000 (5 days ago)
West Coast - 44,513
Western Bulldogs - 15,970
So we are the lowest by a fair way of all the published melbourne clubs.
However we are 11/15 (3 weren't published) for memberships right now so that's not terrible. Brisbane is the only team that finished above us who has a lower membership. Sydney is the next closest to us which is interesting.
I found it interesting that GWS has more members then the Gold Coast, Perhaps it makes sense. GWS seemed the more competitive of the two sides last year.

Also of interest is Sydney had a profit of only 200k and that's after winning a premiership. One imagines you get some cash for winning it all so that's a terrible result for them. The price of success one could say?

Im still waiting for my membership pack as in my confirmation email from the club they said it would arrive in time for Christmas.

q2T0a.png

Again, the old weekly update. I've also included a little bit more data for previous years that I took from previous years memberships graphs (thanks to Werewolf), so you can now see the data has caught up with previous years and we can really start to compare. It's hard to be certain, but I'm confident we will be looking at 30,000+.

It will start to become a bit more clear a few weeks deeper, but from here to the end of feb it seems to go to trend (Period 1), then I'd say NAB cup results and hopes for the season come into play from end of feb to end of april/mid may(period 2) which will likely see us go along the same or less of a slope of 11 and then it'll flatten out till the end with around 2000 new members and that seems to be the same no matter what season we are having on the field(Period 3).

Fingers crossed we don't slow down in period 1 severly like we saw with 2011. I'd say with the positive news from the kennel we may be alright. But certainly, the season ahead seems to be one where finals seems a pipe dream, so it will be an uphill battle to avoid it.

Looking at that graph, we seem to be well ahead of 2008 and 2009, slightly ahead of 2010 (which ended up being a record year) and slightly behind 2011 and 2012 for this time of year.

IIRC 2010 jumped sharply in March because we won the NAB Cup that year.

Not too disappointed in how it's tracking. If we do OK in NAB Cup and register 2-3 wins from our first 5 games we should get to 30,000+. After the second half of last year I'd probably have settled for 28,000.

And if Cooney gets back to his old form, Stringer turns out to be an excitement machine and we get our forward conversion % back up to league average you never know where the membership tally might end up!

Membership pack arrived yesterday. Just waiting for the #16 hoops guernsey to arrive.

Looking at that calender which came with the pack, I may be spending a bit of dough on foxtel this year as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick question regarding rules of memberships - If I get two memberships, one for me, and one in the name of another family member, can anyone use that other persons membership? So take one person one week, someone else the next, etc?

Quick question regarding rules of memberships - If I get two memberships, one for me, and one in the name of another family member, can anyone use that other persons membership? So take one person one week, someone else the next, etc?

Yes anyone can use it, as long as it is not a concession membership which of course the person using would need a concession

If the membership is a child membership and a adult walks into say Etihad
We will automaticly eject them if we spot them and take their membership and send it to their club.

Since we believe that someone may have stolen the membership and are cheating the system

love
etihad worker

If the membership is a child membership and a adult walks into say Etihad
We will automaticly eject them if we spot them and take their membership and send it to their club.

Since we believe that someone may have stolen the membership and are cheating the system

love
etihad worker
I will make sure to not cheat the system. Or pretend to be a child.

I will make sure to not cheat the system. Or pretend to be a child.
i have seen one person probably age 16, try to hide in a pram to get into etihad for free lollolol

i have seen one person probably age 16, try to hide in a pram to get into etihad for free lollolol
Wow... I wouldn't have expected that, haha. Just for a regular game? The things people do to get out of paying like $30 :p

f9UsG.png

Either in two weeks we have only gained 335 members, or there is going to be some lag from the membership office in updating the numbers as they likely have a large back log of membership applications after all that time off. Anyway the graph based on the figures they've had out is as above. Although I don't believe it to be the case, as we can see from 2012, such slow growth is possible. So I may well be wrong in believing there's a back log. We shall see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back