Analysis Western Bulldogs 2018 Supercoach/Dream Team Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
is he likely #1 ruck? From what ive read into interviews/quotes may it be more him backing up Trengove?
Going by season end last year no, he'll play Boyds ruck forward role with Trengove leading the line

But Bevo always changes things up, can't trust him on a number of players in our squad before seeing their roles first

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Going by season end last year no, he'll play Boyds ruck forward role with Trengove leading the line

But Bevo always changes things up, can't trust him on a number of players in our squad before seeing their roles first
This is what worries me about english.
if he was clear #1 like people are saying (going as far as saying he has no competition for the role) then he'd be worth the punt.
If he was priced at ay 50 he'd be worth the punt (I was very happy to go Longer in RDT at 270k because of the low downside at that price).

But a 60 odd I can still see him having games where he scores 40s which will kill not only his average but cash generation.
No doubt he has a high ceiling and if he gets a run at #1 he could pump out 4-6 weeks of scores between 70-100 and rise nicely. But he could also drop from starting value or be severely stunted with a couple of poorly times stinkers.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
He did. We were also experimenting with structure and where Trengoves best position is. Plus Naughton being so good gave us the option of not playing Trengove in defence permanently.
Yep this

A lot of experimentation was going on, though then

Wood forward, Trengove jack of all trades, English ruck forward etc

Roughead played ruck eventually again when English was dropped/injured, then Trengove went back for a few weeks, then Roughy fell out of favour and Trengove and Boyd took over the ruck, Trengove easily played the best in the ruck the last 6-7 weeks

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
This is what worries me about english.
if he was clear #1 like people are saying (going as far as saying he has no competition for the role) then he'd be worth the punt.
If he was priced at ay 50 he'd be worth the punt (I was very happy to go Longer in RDT at 270k because of the low downside at that price).

But a 60 odd I can still see him having games where he scores 40s which will kill not only his average but cash generation.
No doubt he has a high ceiling and if he gets a run at #1 he could pump out 4-6 weeks of scores between 70-100 and rise nicely. But he could also drop from starting value or be severely stunted with a couple of poorly times stinkers.
I see him like this too

Think he has great potential as a future premium, but he needs another two years or so of continuity at the top level

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Smith named JLT 1 off his 1t preseason that involved managing an achilles. Surely good signs for his standing in the club.

Do you guys see him featuring Rd1 and having solid JS? Id assume he'd probably be introduced in a half forward type role with stints up the ground as part of your usually deep rotations? Is that how it is seen around here?

for the price you'd want reasonable JS and scoring potential but if named rd 1 i think he will be hard to overlook and ive already started tinkering my line up to have him back in it for now (easier to do that and remove if needed than look for the $$ later)

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
How is Crozier looking at the moment & do you think he's certain to be a part of your best 22?

Finished last year very well.
IMO he scores better without Wood or Suckling down back

When them two were out injured last year his role became our main interceptor, so he saw plenty of the footy, feel if Suckling plays down back he'll take cheap footy away from him, while Wood is our captain and a general down there (along with Morris)

I'd only consider him late in a deep draft or in a keeper league to be honest, heaps of midpricers around down back this year, Brodie Smith, Zac Williams, Dylan Roberton etc. He is best 22 though. Bevo rates him.

IMO he scores better without Wood or Suckling down back

When them two were out injured last year his role became our main interceptor, so he saw plenty of the footy, feel if Suckling plays down back he'll take cheap footy away from him, while Wood is our captain and a general down there (along with Morris)

I'd only consider him late in a deep draft or in a keeper league to be honest, heaps of midpricers around down back this year, Brodie Smith, Zac Williams, Dylan Roberton etc. He is best 22 though. Bevo rates him.

Thanks mate.

Am asking for a draft league rather than salary-based format.

At pick 180 now I am looking for best 22 players with decent scoring power, and Crozier finished the year well, so wanted to confirm he is in there.

Interesting you mention Suckling who looks to have shifted forward, so not sure whether him being in the side will impact Crozier?

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Thanks mate.

Am asking for a draft league rather than salary-based format.

At pick 180 now I am looking for best 22 players with decent scoring power, and Crozier finished the year well, so wanted to confirm he is in there.

Interesting you mention Suckling who looks to have shifted forward, so not sure whether him being in the side will impact Crozier?
Bevo loves rotating his smalls and flankers around between forward and back, I doubt Suckling will be forward every week, he has pinch hit there for us a few times previously, as has the likes of JJ, Daniel, Murphy, Williams, Richards, Wood etc throughout Bevos tenure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Hey Doggies, quick question regarding Callum Porter. Own him in a keeper league and looked like he was gonna get a game towards the end of last season, emergency a few times if i remember right. Now completely unsighted at JLT and not on injury report, is he not up to AFL level? Do you think he's worth keeping or do you think he'll be off your list at the end of the year? Cheers

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hey Doggies, quick question regarding Callum Porter. Own him in a keeper league and looked like he was gonna get a game towards the end of last season, emergency a few times if i remember right. Now completely unsighted at JLT and not on injury report, is he not up to AFL level? Do you think he's worth keeping or do you think he'll be off your list at the end of the year? Cheers
Delisted would be my guess. Just too many ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back