Analysis Western Bulldogs 2018 Supercoach/Dream Team Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, I've heard a few whispers from my mates that follow Bulldogs that Crozier is set to play half back this season. Any truth to that? From memory he scored pretty well playing HB for Freo.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in a utility type role switching positions as needed

Ive had Dahlhaus in my SC teams over the last 3 years for some mixed returns. Im trying Macrae out this time around, who's numbers are more consistent than Dahl's, reminding me a lot of Matthew Boyd's SC scoring when he consistently achieved over 100 pts.
Can't really compare them given one is a mid and the other a fwd.

Last edited:

What are doggies fans thoughts on Wallis? Averaged 98 in 2015. Has he done a full pre-season?

What role is he expected to play this year or is it more a wait and see over the JLT?
No coincidence that the 98 came in the year Lib did his knee. Mitch is half the player when they play together.

Hey guys,

Thoughts on Ed Richards playing in round 1?

I know Bevo isn’t afraid to play the kids.

Hey guys, what's your thoughts on Naughton at this point and whether he'll play round 1?

Cheers,

I doubt either will get a rd 1 gig. We have good depth in their positions
both are a big chance to get games though - vfl form is rewarded.
watch to see if they are picked in JLT

Hi guys, just interested on your thoughts about Bailey Williams. Looked pretty composed in the games I saw him play and wondering if he is looking like being in the best 22 in 2018?

Hi guys, just interested on your thoughts about Bailey Williams. Looked pretty composed in the games I saw him play and wondering if he is looking like being in the best 22 in 2018?

He has potential and shows glimpse of being something, however there are a few similar types that would be ahead of him at this stage. Will definitely play games at some point, but I see him either coming into the team a few weeks into the season and holding, or more likely going in and out of the squad all year than starting week 1. Position not secure enough, and I feel he would be more in the inconsistent 60-70 average point range fantasy wise. Needs to do a bit more on the field to push his points upwards this season, give him another year

He has potential and shows glimpse of being something, however there are a few similar types that would be ahead of him at this stage. Will definitely play games at some point, but I see him either coming into the team a few weeks into the season and holding, or more likely going in and out of the squad all year than starting week 1. Position not secure enough, and I feel he would be more in the inconsistent 60-70 average point range fantasy wise. Needs to do a bit more on the field to push his points upwards this season, give him another year

Thanks M_16, appreciate your response. He will certainly need to step it up a notch if he wants to be regular best 22 for the Dogs but he has shown glimpses of what is possible. As you say competition is pretty strong and I imagine the Dogs will be keen to atone for 2017 and come out pretty hard seeking to show that 2016 wasn't a flash in the pan.

All the best for the season ahead, cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the boards thoughts on Mclean? Will he keep his midfield this season or will has he been more training as a forward?

Toby is a very determined young man. He has come from a fair way back too - IIRC he didn't get a spot in a TAC cup squad so he went a tried out for another team and ended up with BOG in the grand final. He has continued that improvement ever since he set foot on VUWO and his journey is far from over.

He will be one of the mid rotations but so will a lot of others. We have no idea where anyone has been training - all sessions are behind curtains.

I only play SC and am undecided on him - awkward price where he would really need to average 100 or close to it to be a viable starter. Even though I think he is capable of that, he is just as likely to pump out an 85-90 average. At this stage a wait and see for me.

Hey guys, just curious about Dahlhaus's role this year and last season.

His average dropped from 104.5 in 2015 to 95.7 in 2016 to 90.7 in 2017.

I believe 2016 was injury affected so essentially in both 2015 and 2016 he was a genuine 100-105 forward premium.

So what happened in 2017? Was it because of Bont's and Macrae's rise to prominence, Libba coming back, Wallis establishing himself as a best 22 player that caused Dalhaus to play a less supercoach friendly role with more time up forward? Or, was it simply because of a drop in form/performance?

Thanks

Will Bontempelli play midfield, or do us SC coaches have to pull our hair out as he stays at FF 150m away from the ball for half the match?

No concerns with the Bont and where he plays
I'm tipping he will be top 5 SC scorer this year.

I'm really liking the look of McLean but am curious to know more about Bailey Williams, he scored pretty well yesterday - but I don't know much about him. Is he likely to have a permanent spot in the best 22 when the real stuff begins?

What are the pros and cons of Williams?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Hey lads, thoughts on Crozier as F4 in SuperCoach? If he plays as a rebounding defender for you guys should rack up some good points, from what I remember he’s a good kick of the footy so that should help his scoring and money making, then I trade him up to a Premo when the Dogs have their bye?

Anyone keen to participate in an Ultimate Footy league?

It's head-to-head category based. There are currently six teams in the league, so another six teams are required to fill it.

The draft will be scheduled for 8PM on Sunday the 18th of March.

http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/864623/

Please only join the league if you're prepared to commit yourself for the entire season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back