Analysis Western Bulldogs 2018 Supercoach/Dream Team Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Also interested in Dunkley...
I'm surprised to see so little banter in here about Dunkley - is he best 22 - and what are expected DT and SC averages?

After the pre season he's had, he's in the best 22 for sure.

He may be able to push up to around the 80/90 mark. I say this with uncertainty though, as he's still spending the majority of his time up forward. If he spent more time in the midfield, I'd have more confidence. But should at least improve on his scores, so he's not a bad gamble.

I haven't picked him.

How many games do you guys expect Timmy English to get this year?

I think he's in between levels if you know what I mean. As in too good for VFL, but not yet ready for seasoned AFL bodies yet. Hard to say how many he'll get, it may depend on Boyd and Schache. For what it's worth, I'm not going with him. I've decided to go with a bottom priced rookie so I could spend the extra 30 grand on elsewhere. Not sure English will score that well anyway.

Timmy is 100kgs now. Has a chance to cement his spot as our ruckman.

He is 130k and i think that extra 30k over cameron/olango is worth the risk. He should get more games than the other 2 combined.

Timmy is 100kgs now. Has a chance to cement his spot as our ruckman.

He is 130k and i think that extra 30k over cameron/olango is worth the risk. He should get more games than the other 2 combined.

From what I've witnessed over the preseason, he still doesn't have the strength to compete with AFL calibre ruckman. Roughead and Trengove have him well covered in ruck contests. Boyd too has him covered if he can get himself right. I'm not so sure.

Personally, I don't think any of the rookie rucks are worth it this year which is why I went with a bottom priced one.

From what I've witnessed over the preseason, he still doesn't have the strength to compete with AFL calibre ruckman. Roughead and Trengove have him well covered in ruck contests. Boyd too has him covered if he can get himself right. I'm not so sure.

Personally, I don't think any of the rookie rucks are worth it this year which is why I went with a bottom priced one.
in strongly considering this (RDT). could be a massive decision one way or the other.

I feel English may play but not regularly and not score great anyway, moving up to low 200s and really only making 100k in a trade which while handy, may not mean that much compared to just banking that extra 45k from the start

Bugger my SC team is screwed with Libba out
Had to laugh. Really.
I had Zerrett, Ryder, Fyfe, Murphy then when Libba went down I thgout.
Srs

Because I'm lazy I have essentially the same team in Dream team, Real Dream Team and Supercoach
All totally FUBAR

FUBAR is actually a WWII Acronym aptly applied to my 2018 SC team.

Vale Libba!

After the pre season he's had, he's in the best 22 for sure.

He may be able to push up to around the 80/90 mark. I say this with uncertainty though, as he's still spending the majority of his time up forward. If he spent more time in the midfield, I'd have more confidence. But should at least improve on his scores, so he's not a bad gamble.

With Libba going down, what is the likelihood of Dunkley getting more midfield time? I think I seen him in there on the weekend at times.

What is your assessment after the weekend?

With Libba going down, what is the likelihood of Dunkley getting more midfield time? I think I seen him in there on the weekend at times.

He was pretty ineffectual in the midfield yesterday. Did his best work as a forward I thought.
I think Wallis will come in to replace Liberatore.

He started one centre bounce as the ruckman yesterday - event though we had 3 rucks in the team (Roughy, Trengove & English)

no-one knows where anyone is going to play anymore

he will rotate through the mids - Libba missing wont change any of that.

Worth the punt imo at under 300k due to his marking and tackling game, still will play a bit forward and a bit mid, but imo he'll average around 80 and score better than all other forward rookies.

Should hang around the 400-500k range eventually, not sure he'd be a keeper, but a decent stepping stone like what WHE was last year for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, I started Round 1 with McLean ($603,000) in my AFL Fantasy team, based on reports that he was slightly underpriced, due to the fact that he was going to play more midfield minutes this season.
Unfortunately for me, he only scored 68 and his price dropped by $11,000. Is it worth holding onto him - is he really going to be spending a significant amount of time in the midfield this year?

Hey guys, I started Round 1 with McLean ($603,000) in my AFL Fantasy team, based on reports that he was slightly underpriced, due to the fact that he was going to play more midfield minutes this season.
Unfortunately for me, he only scored 68 and his price dropped by $11,000. Is it worth holding onto him - is he really going to be spending a significant amount of time in the midfield this year?
He is better suited to SuperCoach. Scored well and above his start price in SuperCoach.
Yes he is going to be big part of the midfield rotation in 2018.

Gowers JS lads?

One cooked forward rookie I need to ship out for someone and can't quite make Liam Ryan.

(fantasy so trades not an issue, just need him to play for a few weeks at least)

Gowers JS lads?

One cooked forward rookie I need to ship out for someone and can't quite make Liam Ryan.

(fantasy so trades not an issue, just need him to play for a few weeks at least)

wait for team announcements - expecting Dickson back in this week. If he holds his spot with Dickson also in then go for it.

What are people's thoughts on the likely ruck composition if Roughead misses? I heard English was poor on the weekend - Boyd a chance to come in?
English was poor first half but much improved second half, he started getting his hands on the ball and crashed packs, young talls will be inconsistent.

Trengove is injured too, so English may play a few more weeks.

What are people's thoughts on the likely ruck composition if Roughead misses? I heard English was poor on the weekend - Boyd a chance to come in?
Redpath surely comes in, he may well be the back-up ruck option to English.

Hey guys, anyone know if the Bont is playing injured? Hasn’t seemed quite right so far this season...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back