Analysis Western Bulldogs 2018 Supercoach/Dream Team Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, anyone know if the Bont is playing injured? Hasn’t seemed quite right so far this season...
Was tagged closely by the Giants and wasn't able to shake it. Not so much of a hard tag last week, but just didn't get out of 2nd gear.

I am not aware of any injury concern.

Thanks mate, keep the faith you think in SC?
I couldn't pick Bont this year for SC, first in a few years that I haven't done so.

Our forwardline is currently so dysfunctional that I expect him to continue to spend time down there, which puts a lower ceiling on his SC scoring.

If his teammates magically extract the digit and start playing a whole lot better, Bont has some upside for SC against his current price. But I'm not optimistic that our team is going to magically get a whole lot better in the short term unfortunately.

You might be better off with a sideways trade into McLean or Macrae instead of Bont this year.

I couldn't pick Bont this year for SC, first in a few years that I haven't done so.

Our forwardline is currently so dysfunctional that I expect him to continue to spend time down there, which puts a lower ceiling on his SC scoring.

If his teammates magically extract the digit and start playing a whole lot better, Bont has some upside for SC against his current price. But I'm not optimistic that our team is going to magically get a whole lot better in the short term unfortunately.

You might be better off with a sideways trade into McLean or Macrae instead of Bont this year.
Thanks for your insight, Bont looked in great touch during the JLT Hawks v Dogs game & so did the side so it's strange that they've started so poorly. Something isn't quite right atm it seems, cheers mate.

Something isn't quite right atm it seems, cheers mate.

I took Macrae over Bont, Macrae will get consistent numbers until he gets a hard tag

So Bailey freaking Williams, has some of the best kicking/marketing/DE% stats the past 2 weeks in the entire Comp.

What’s the go here has he found a new role or just a purple patch?

So Bailey freaking Williams, has some of the best kicking/marketing/DE% stats the past 2 weeks in the entire Comp.

What’s the go here has he found a new role or just a purple patch?
Could have a breakout season

The opportunity to be a prime ball mover for us is there for him with Boyd and Murph out of the picture. If he keeps doing his job he'll stay in the side and could be fantasy relevant.

Could have a breakout season

The opportunity to be a prime ball mover for us is there for him with Boyd and Murph out of the picture. If he keeps doing his job he'll stay in the side and could be fantasy relevant.
do you reckon biggs will come back in and lessen his role? or am i forgetting another rebounding defender to still come back in.

also i should state i only need him for UF which is a cat based game, so i just need bulk kicks, marks and DE

do you reckon biggs will come back in and lessen his role? or am i forgetting another rebounding defender to still come back in.

also i should state i only need him for UF which is a cat based game, so i just need bulk kicks, marks and DE
Not sure with Biggs at the moment, I'd have thought he'd contribute but who knows. He is versatile though, so might play different roles like lockdown/interceptor instead of high rebounder.

Richards, JJ, Suckling and Williams all share it around though at the moment.

Not sure with Biggs at the moment, I'd have thought he'd contribute but who knows. He is versatile though, so might play different roles like lockdown/interceptor instead of high rebounder.

Richards, JJ, Suckling and Williams all share it around though at the moment.
what the go with JJ this year? why can't he get back to his special year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is also Hayden Cozier to come back in a few weeks. I think Bailey holds his spot regardless - it allows JJ and Suckers to play up the ground more. His role wont change and he does have ability to find the pill, IIRC he once had a 50 possession game as a junior.

what the go with JJ this year? why can't he get back to his special year?
We haven't played well first two weeks, but I think potentially he's down because of Suckling, Richards and Williams taking points away from him, although we overpossessed against West Coast, it seemed our midfield scored most of our points that day. Against GWS he played forward and didn't work also.

Thought he gave us some dash yesterday though, but he may be used as more of an impact rebounder instead of defensive accumulator/everything going through him like what Kade Simpson does.

Would say Macrae and Hunter look solid for us though.

On your boys, will Billings be able to put together some consistency or is he just going to yoyo high or low? The last two games he seems very Dahlhausy at the moment with the over handball between the arcs playing high half forward.

Is young Richards worth the SC trade? Liked what I saw of him yesterday.

Ed Richards - has he got decent job security?

cant see him getting dropped this week. Its hard to know, Crozier will come back in 3 or 4 weeks, Biggs will be knocking the door down sooner or later. A good possibility he will be in and out a bit, if you are prepared to hold him through that he may pay off in the long term.

We haven't played well first two weeks, but I think potentially he's down because of Suckling, Richards and Williams taking points away from him, although we overpossessed against West Coast, it seemed our midfield scored most of our points that day. Against GWS he played forward and didn't work also.

Thought he gave us some dash yesterday though, but he may be used as more of an impact rebounder instead of defensive accumulator/everything going through him like what Kade Simpson does.

Would say Macrae and Hunter look solid for us though.

On your boys, will Billings be able to put together some consistency or is he just going to yoyo high or low? The last two games he seems very Dahlhausy at the moment with the over handball between the arcs playing high half forward.
billings ceiling is super high but he tends to rely on us being up and about to really dominate. he's not someone who claws u back into a game

Hey guys, good luck for 2018 (except against us).

Why is Shane Biggs not getting a game currently?

Seems like he was an obvious choice to replace Boyd/Murphy across half back this season.

My team has been decimated by injuries and unexpected droppings/not picked players

Hey guys, good luck for 2018 (except against us).

Why is Shane Biggs not getting a game currently?

Seems like he was an obvious choice to replace Boyd/Murphy across half back this season.

My team has been decimated by injuries and unexpected droppings/not picked players

Form - expect him to be banging the door down over the next few weeks

He wasn't ever replacing anyone - he had a spot in the 22 and has now lost it.

Biggs just has little patches where his ball use goes completely off the boil and he's not quite as tight with positioning/concentration as he needs to be. Has happened the last few years and has happened again here. There's a spot there for one or both of he and Crozier (once fit) if he finds some touch - guys like Honeychurch and Daniel are rotating through half back at the moment which isn't ideal. He'll make his way back in eventually.

Form - expect him to be banging the door down over the next few weeks

He wasn't ever replacing anyone - he had a spot in the 22 and has now lost it.

Yeah sorry more meant that there would be less depth/experience there this year and therefore you'd think he'd be getting a game.

What is his VFL form like?

Yeah sorry more meant that there would be less depth/experience there this year and therefore you'd think he'd be getting a game.

What is his VFL form like?

all reports are he is getting plenty of the pill but he DE is poor.

Bugger my SC team is screwed with Libba out
He was pretty ineffectual in the midfield yesterday. Did his best work as a forward I thought.
I think Wallis will come in to replace Liberatore.
Wallis intrigues me. I thought of him as a fallen primo in the preseason (in terms of fwd scoring), but never picked him for obvious reasons. With Libba out is he looking like a good prospect as a regular midfielder? Seems to be getting more outside ball going by his stats. What's the go there? Nice bye as well.

Hey guys how would u rate Wallis, Dahlhaus and Mclean in terms of average from NOW?

They present an interesting case with them all playing a somewhat similar role, thoughts please?

Hey guys how would u rate Wallis, Dahlhaus and Mclean in terms of average from NOW?

They present an interesting case with them all playing a somewhat similar role, thoughts please?
McLean

Daylight

Wallis
Dahlhaus

Dahlhaus will probably play more games than Wallis though, just can't see him getting back to his 2015 heights though

Talking on a SC basis on the inform, popular or likely keeper types

R14
Heeney
Menegola
Mundy
Acres
Walters
Parfitt
Billings
Buddy (if injury isn't too bad)

R13
Hogan
Smith
Petracca
Brown
Lids
Greene
Robinson
Christensen

R12
McLean
Sicily (if playing forward)
Dahlhaus
Fisher
English

R10
Gray
Westhoff
Lynch
Boak

McLean has an advantage over many through the byes like Gray with limited premium forward options the first two weeks, most of the relevant forwards seem to be R14 which I feel many will get caught out by that week. I think McLean can maintain a 95-105avg, he scored well in games we struggled in (only got 72SC on the weekend, but it was 110DT for some perspective).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back