Club Focus Western Bulldogs 2022 - Jones, Lobb, Busslinger, Clarke, Gallagher

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Biggest name signed in Jack Macrae. Priorities now should be Dale, Daniel, Smith, and Dunkley, of which I’m expecting we keep three. Keath also super important to our side.
TBH I'd have English above all those names.

Hopefully there will be some more re-signings shortly that the first domino has fallen. I'm pretty confident that all will re-sign including Dunkley & English. If both are playing in their preferred positions as they were in round 1 then it's more likely.

I do expect a couple of the B & C graders might be left without a contract due to salary cap constraints. Those names would be JJ, Schache, McLean & Cordy. Realistically there's probably $1.5 million in salary right there (JJ is on around $600k alone). A couple will obviously stay for minimal contracts but I wouldn't be shocked if a couple move on.

Players still without an announced contract are Wallis, Duryea, Parker, Martin, and Butler. Wallis and Duryea have both mentioned that they've got one-year contracts in front of them. Butler a near certainty to be delisted. Martin surely retires. Parker a 50-50.

Is Roarke Smith a restricted free agent? No shot he's in the top percentile of paid players at the club...

UFA for Roarke Smith I believe. players bought in from another club on the rookie list or were re-rookied become UFA.

Players still without an announced contract are Wallis, Duryea, Parker, Martin, and Butler. Wallis and Duryea have both mentioned that they've got one-year contracts in front of them. Butler a near certainty to be delisted. Martin surely retires. Parker a 50-50.
Martin must be a good chance to play on

Would have announced retirement by now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely not hes cooked
I agree, but there was some word he's going to be kept.
I'd rather rookie a state leaguer (Ballendon/Crossley), both of whom have a little bit of forward craft too

I suspect that, if he does play on, he gets moved to the rookie list and will functionally be a ruck coach and will only play when we're literally out of options.

That makes more sense if its basically to get around the coaches soft cap.
With english lobb and sweet i cant see why you would need a cooked 35yo to ruck.

If we want to take four list spots into the draft Martin's gotta retire. We need to make room for our latest short mid from Footscray VFL.

musnt have had that 1 year deal he mentioned, now been delisted

butler still to be delisted? the rest stay?

If we want to take four list spots into the draft Martin's gotta retire. We need to make room for our latest short mid from Footscray VFL.
Is this actually a thing?

Is this actually a thing?

In the last few years we've brought in Will Hayes, Anthony Scott, and Robbie McComb, none of whom were in positions of need or could be considered best 22, and all of whom got more games than one would find reasonable. Most of us suspect that the VFL team is told that there's one spot on the rookie list for the Scray player who's most impressed the recruiters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back