Club Focus Western Bulldogs 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

English is turning 26 in a few months, if he hasn't requested a trade back to Perth by now he won't be doing it as he enters his prime and the Eagles become a bottom 4 team for the next 5 years. He can always head back there if he wants in a the last few years of his career to bump up his Super.

English is turning 26 in a few months, if he hasn't requested a trade back to Perth by now he won't be doing it as he enters his prime and the Eagles become a bottom 4 team for the next 5 years. He can always head back there if he wants in a the last few years of his career to bump up his Super.

If English continues to turn to water every time an opposition ruck gets aggressive and physical maybe its the Dogs who may look for other options before their window closes.

Not the fist time an average ruck in Lycett has beaten English.

And come finals most opposition rucks get pretty aggressive and physical

Last edited:

Well as the football saying goes nothing is as good or as bad at it seems.

Last week's game showed that.

So much for Dogs fans earlier in the season saying why would any Dogs players want to go the the Eagles.
The point still stands.

5 x 100 plus losses shows that. One being 170 odd. A bunch of retirements, they'll be crap for years.

Last week means nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mclean duryea and mccomb next to go you would imagine.
I feel like Duryea is going to snag another one year contract given our lack of small defenders and high list turnover.

Bruce (gone), Hannan (gone), McLean, McComb, Crozier, O’Brien, R Smith, McNeil are all pretty high on the chopping block with Sweet & Khamis potentially looking for more opportunity.

Any thoughts on what Caro said on Footy Classified of Bailey Williams leaving his exit meeting having stated how uncomfortable he is with Bevo's selections and coaching?
Given that Caro said she expected Bailey Smith to be leaving, I’d be taking anything she says with a grain of salt.

Any thoughts on what Caro said on Footy Classified of Bailey Williams leaving his exit meeting having stated how uncomfortable he is with Bevo's selections and coaching?
She wouldn't be able to pick Bailey Williams out of a crowd if he was wearing a top that said "I am Bailey Williams" she's literally just looked for any out of contract player to run with her narrative

He is a very very limited and average footballer

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already. But Bevo has told McLean to look elsewhere. I guess not unexpected.
He's a FA and Hawks showed some lukewarm interest previously.
I doubt if he goes as a FA he starts any compo.
Just not the same player after two ACLs in a row

Better for him anyway sadly doing 2 knees has crippled him physically to what he was however would be a great pick up for a North or West Coast
North are flush for mids. They don't need any fringe mids from other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back