footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
How would you know what crowds are there when you've never attended a game.

Please don't confuse him with logic and his own facts. (He's never attended Ballarat or AFLW, but apparently knows crowd figures for both are 'made up'. Laughable, in the same way that many of his life experiences are 'made up' to justify his opinions.)

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Please don't confuse him with logic and his own facts. (He's never attended Ballarat or AFLW, but apparently knows crowd figures for both are 'made up'. Laughable, in the same way that many of his life experiences are 'made up' to justify his opinions.)

Yeah I make up my family has had drug issues to seem relevant on this forum to nobodies like you. Pathetic accusation. Spineless actually

And in fact in case you missed it my life experiences would for most make me think of an opposite way and not be so unconcerned by drug testing but complexity is something you wouldn’t grasp.

I don’t need to attend these pretend games, i listen to the people that go and what they say. In fact someone in this very forum said the AFLW figures were inflated did u mock them? The numerous callers to SEN who have said the figures were inflated.The games in Darwin and Cairns that I know were inflated coz I was there.

But you keep worrying bout little old me I do enjoy knowing how much I bother irrelevant humans

I took you off ignore but it seems that’s were you belong so back you go.

Last edited:

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And the AFLW at the same ground, in the same heat, with an interstate team, got over 2,000 people today.

I drove past the ground both days and there is no way in hell there was more people there today than there was yesterday. Looked to be twice as many yesterday

cecil

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I drove past the ground both days and there is no way in hell there was more people there today than there was yesterday. Looked to be twice as many yesterday

I went to the aflw game v North and there were definitely over 2k there. Was my first time going and I was surprised.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
44993518_1196487707149583_3356252165680136192_n.jpg

JLT game crowds were poor last year too with only around 1800 attending Nth and Melb in Hobart. So Ballarat's 4565 was relatively huge 🤔 The biggest crowds last year were 10,000 odd at Princess Park and 8000 in Wangaratta to watch Essendon. Other than those two games most other games were south of 4000.

Consider that JLT is played for realy nothing other than practice, where as AFLW is a competition that is played for a prize.

On the positive side, this weekend is the Labor Day long weekend and it is also Ballarat's Begonia Festival so there will be plenty to see and do at Lake Wendouree before the game kicks off at 4pm at Mars Stadium. The weather is forecast to be 26 degrees and sunny in Ballarat with a 12 knot north westerly wind. So the weather will be great, nobody has to work next day, so anything can happen 👍 👍

I suppose that that JLT will never be as well supported as perhaps what the NAB Cup competition was. Because the JLT series is really just a bunch of friendly pre-season games where clubs test out new players, strategies that they've worked on during the off-season and of course it's a chance for the AFL to try out some contentious rule changes. In the JLT there's obviously no final, no trophy, not even money for winning clubs.

The NAB Cup had serious prize money at stake and Clubs wanted to win it. Of course it wasn't universally popular with coaches because they risked injuring star players before the main season. If we consider that a North v Bulldogs NAB Cup game in Ballarat drew over 8000 at the undeveloped Eureka Stadium then there's perhaps something to be said for that?

Last edited:

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I went to the aflw game v North and there were definitely over 2k there. Was my first time going and I was surprised.

Yeah I wasn’t saying there wasn’t an ok crowd at the AFLW, especially considering the heat but there were definitely more there for the JLT game. The traffic also indicated this but as I said both ok crowds with that heat

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
And the AFLW at the same ground, in the same heat, with an interstate team, got over 2,000 people today.
In fairness aren't the AFLW games still mostly free admission where as the JLT games charge an entry fee. To take a family out for a day at the footy, that's an expensive undertaking for pre-season (especially when many are still paying off Christmas and getting kids back to School).

In fairness aren't the AFLW games still mostly free admission where as the JLT games charge an entry fee. To take a family out for a day at the footy, that's an expensive undertaking for pre-season (especially when many are still paying off Christmas and getting kids back to School).

Yes, but I would have thought the majority of people going to JLT games are diehards, and most probably members, who get in free.

Back