Western Bulldogs and their partnership with Ballarat a success

Remove this Banner Ad

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You played the Suns there last season in front of 6,833, which is pretty poor, might have got 18k at Docklands.

In your premiership year, you played the Suns in Cairns and got 8,509.

Now that's a bigger crowd, but it still seems to me that the rewards are likely to be better partnering with Ballarat, one hour down the road from the Braybrook Hotel.

I seriously doubt more dogs fans are prepared to fly to Cairns for a home game than drive one hour down the highway.

Are you actually arguing that you'd prefer those two home games to remain with places like Cairns and Darwin?

Yes I am because that’s an honest sell out not this scam that the club are trying to pretend is for the community when it’s purely to line our pockets

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
A great day for footy if not the result. Perfect playing and spectator conditions. The ground was in fantastic condition despite the prolonged dry, the investment by the local council several years ago in harnessing the city's recycled and treated sewerage water and feeding it to surrounding wetlands where it is then pumped back onto ovals and gardens has really paid dividends. Plus they have spent something in the order of $20 million rebuilding and resurfacing ovals around the city to ensure that they can withstand what ever the climate changes may serve up in the future.

Consider what Ballarat's main ovals looked like in 2007 during the last big dry - AUSTAR Arena was the original Eureka (Mars Stadium):
r0_0_2100_1050_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Anyway ... I digress ... Overall, not a bad result and one that should fill Bulldogs supporters with confidence. After all the Saints did beat the Roos by 30 points last week in Hobart (which is not a happy hunting ground for teams normally taking on North Melbourne there) and after watching the opening quarter of this game I thought that the outcome was going to be much worse for the Dogs, but they fought back. I noticed a lot of smaller children in the crowd wearing bulldogs gear and that was a great sign. I agree that the spectator ratio was probably about 2 to 1 or maybe even 3 to 1 barracking for the Bulldogs. Mostly locals having a family day at the footy which is what JLT is about after all.

Last edited:
Anyway ... I digress ... Overall, not a bad result and one that should fill Bulldogs supporters withn confidence. After all the Saints did beat the Roos by 30 points last week in Hobart (which is not a happy hunting ground for teams normally taking on North Melbourne there) and after watching the opening quarter of this game I thought that the outcome was going to be much worse for the Dogs, but they fought back. I noticed a lot of smaller children in the crowd wearing bulldogs gear and that was a great sign. I agree that the spectator ratio was probably about 2 to 1 or maybe even 3 to 1 barracking for the Bulldogs. Mostly locals having a family day at the footy which is what JLT is about after all.

C'mon Roogal, North lost to the Saints at Werribee last week !! You know, in the City of Wyndham, the area that is apparently made up primarily of Indians, Vietnamese, Sudanese, Sri Lankans etc. Which all came as a massive surprise to the majority of Australians, British, Italians etc in the area. Not to mention 90% of the people I know and see around the area.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
C'mon Roogal, North lost to the Saints at Werribee last week !! You know, in the City of Wyndham, the area that is apparently made up primarily of Indians, Vietnamese, Sudanese, Sri Lankans etc. Which all came as a massive surprise to the majority of Australians, British, Italians etc in the area. Not to mention 90% of the people I know and see around the area.

She has spoken utter lies since day on in here for some veiled reason it will not admit

Whatever agenda it is pushing is failing miserably just like this idea.

Hopefully for all bulldog fans this will be the last contract we will sign so we can stop playing up there and concentrate on actually areas that will work

Last edited:

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
Yes I got disoriented 😁 Yet being beaten at Werribee in itself is bloody embarrassing considering that it was effectively North's VFL ground for three seasons after they left Ballarat. I'm not ready to declare Saint Kilda as any threat this season as I expect that they will do their usual implosion, and really we can't take the results of the JLT Series as any measure of a club's seasonal prospects because many teams are not playing their full lists of players. It is after all just an opportunity to blood some young players, try out some new team tactics, and for the AFL to test out some of their more contentious and proposed rule changes.

She has spoken utter lies since day on in here for some veiled reason it will not admit

Whatever agenda it is pushing is failing miserably just like this idea.

Hopefully for all bulldog fans this will be the last contract we will sign so we can stop playing up there and concentrate on actually areas that will work

Utter lies.
What a load of crap from you. And by the way, you don't talk for all bulldog fans. Just because you don't want the club to play games there does not mean all bulldog fans don't.

From day 1 all Roogal has done is provide us with information about a project that the leaders of our club decided to take on. She has provided information from an informed position.
Does she have a conflict of interest. Of course she does, just like you do in wanting the club to support an area that you live in.

She made a mistake by saying that North played in Hobart. She didn't lie.

Did the radio commentator who said there were more St Kilda supporters at Ballarat yesterday lie, seeing as every other comment I've read said that it was wrong.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Utter lies.
What a load of crap from you. And by the way, you don't talk for all bulldog fans. Just because you don't want the club to play games there does not mean all bulldog fans don't.

From day 1 all Roogal has done is provide us with information about a project that the leaders of our club decided to take on. She has provided information from an informed position.
Does she have a conflict of interest. Of course she does, just like you do in wanting the club to support an area that you live in.

Did the radio commentator who said there were more St Kilda supporters at Ballarat yesterday lie, seeing as every other comment I've read said that it was wrong.

I asked her from the first minute if she had a connection to the venue or the event. She said no.

Sorry that was incorrect so therefore a lie

Me supporting the idea of us being in the western suburbs has zero to do with where I live, it’s a smart business decision to flood a growing area IN THE AREA out club is suppposed to represent.

And sorry several people have told me there were a lot of saints fans there and the TV noise supported that but hey they the Tv piped noise on to make us look bad I guess lol

The dogs members aren’t exactly crawling over themselves to eat to the game so I guess I’ve controlled that too and made them not go coz I don’t like it hahahahaha wow

I asked her from the first minute if she had a connection to the venue or the event. She said no.

Sorry that was incorrect so therefore a lie

Me supporting the idea of us being in the western suburbs has zero to do with where I live, it’s a smart business decision to flood a growing area IN THE AREA out club is suppposed to represent.

And sorry several people have told me there were a lot of saints fans there and the TV noise supported that but hey they the Tv piped noise on to make us look bad I guess lol

The dogs members aren’t exactly crawling over themselves to eat to the game so I guess I’ve controlled that too and made them not go coz I don’t like it hahahahaha wow

Considering that Fox called most of the JLT games from their studios in South Melbourne, I wouldn't being take note of any of the sound effects. I would take notice of the people that were there though, the same as I would take more notice of someone who was at the ground predicting the crowd, than someone driving past.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Considering that Fox called most of the JLT games from their studios in South Melbourne, I wouldn't being take note of any of the sound effects. I would take notice of the people that were there though, the same as I would take more notice of someone who was at the ground predicting the, than someone driving past.

Lol I’m guessing if I personally counted the people you would say it wasn’t true so ok mate.

Get upset because someone called you out I’m sure tomorrow will be ok.

Have a great evening :)

Lol I’m guessing if I personally counted the people you would say it wasn’t true so ok mate.

Get upset because someone called you out I’m sure tomorrow will be ok.

Have a great evening :)

Called me out. Hahahahahaha that coming from the ultimate you say right, I say wrong, you say black, I say white person.

What did you exactly call me out on. I'm so upset, I must have missed it.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Called me out. Hahahahahaha that coming from the ultimate you say right, I say wrong, you say black, I say white person.

What did you exactly call me out on. I'm so upset, I must have missed it.

Hahahahaha ok u are hilarious

I am actually the opposite of that I make an opinion and stand by it but ok keep trying

You said I was talking cr@p about a poster not lying when in fact if I could bother to troll back I will find where she denied any vested interest several times. She clearly has a massive one which is fine but admit it and then the conversation she has can be put in context from her side.

But make another joke about me driving past a ground and commenting on the crowd(both of which I actually praised) that’s so original. You made it about me NOT me you just had to try and be clever.

My point was I do not believe she has any real concern in our club simply feathering her own nest and therefore her arguments do not come from an even keel.

In the end if we continue to play at Ballarat then not much I can do about it but the numbers must be concerning for the club and I want them to admit it’s a simple money grab not an exercise in membership froth because to date it has not helped us a single inch in more numbers.

Our members as a whole have no interest in this and the figures prove that but again I’m just making that up apparently.

Now if you wish to debate the points go ahead but other than that i can’t be bothered

Hahahahaha ok u are hilarious

I am actually the opposite of that I make an opinion and stand by it but ok keep trying

You are not the opposite, you are exactly how I described you and you just confirmed it.

"You make an opinion and stand by it."

Yes, not matter what anyone else says, you always disregard their opinion. They say something is white and you say black, no matter what evidence anyone puts up.

You make an opinion and stand by it. A bit like the AFL. The majority of people don't want a night/twilight GF, which polls have shown, but the AFL will say whatever they want, because their opinion is, and they stand by it, is that they want a night/twilight GF.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You are not the opposite, you are exactly how I described you and you just confirmed it.

"You make an opinion and stand by it."

Yes, not matter what anyone else says, you always disregard their opinion. They say something is white and you say black, no matter what evidence anyone puts up.

You make an opinion and stand by it. A bit like the AFL. The majority of people don't want a night/twilight GF, which polls have shown, but the AFL will say whatever they want, because their opinion is, and they stand by it, is that they want a night/twilight GF.

So ou don’t want to argue the points just pretend I’m something I’m not?

Fair enough I tried

Enjoy your evening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So ou don’t want to argue the points just pretend I’m something I’m not?

Fair enough I tried

Enjoy your evening

Yes, it's a good thing to have an opinion but sometimes you have to listen to the facts and say that.you may be wrrrrrrr.............ong.

I'm not saying this just in relation to.this topic, and I'm not specifally saying you are wrrrrrr.........ong about everything in this thread, I'm actually referring to the fact that you believe that your opinion is correct everytime. No matter what anyone else says, you couldn't care less, it's your way or the highway.

Good night from The Fonz

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yes, it's a good thing to have an opinion but sometimes you have to listen to the facts and say that.you may be wrrrrrrr.............ong.

I'm not saying this just in relation to.this topic, and I'm not specifally saying you are wrrrrrr.........ong about everything in this thread, I'm actually referring to the fact that you believe that your opinion is correct everytime. No matter what anyone else says, you couldn't care less, it's your way or the highway.

Good night from The Fonz

Of course I believe my opinion is right that’s why it’s my opinion

Isn’t that the same for Everyone or do people just argue with no grounds or opinion?

That’s an honest question.

Eveyones opinion simply can’t be right but who argues against what they actually think?

So tell me your honest opinion of the Ballarat deal?

Dec 18, 2003
Braybrook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sunderland, Willy Wolves
Considering that Fox called most of the JLT games from their studios in South Melbourne, I wouldn't being take note of any of the sound effects. I would take notice of the people that were there though, the same as I would take more notice of someone who was at the ground predicting the crowd, than someone driving past.

That maybe the reason there was a delay when they crossed to Del on the boundary.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
Utter lies.

Thanks MYOB. I don't care what the person that you are responding to thinks. His/her messages and posts have blocked from my view for 12 months so I don't have to bother with their posts or opinions. It's been bliss and I urge others who are annoyed by this person's antics to perhaps do as I have done. He/she can disrespect me as much as they wish but I remind them that what I don't know or read doesn't hurt me. 😉

By blocking their posts I am never drawn into an argumentative slanging match which would detract from the experience of other forumers. Other people have a right to come here and not have to read me being drawn into an argument with somebody who is contrary to everything that I post.

Last edited:

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thanks MYOB. I don't care what the person that you are responding to thinks. His/her messages and posts have blocked from my view for 12 months so I don't have to bother with their posts or opinions. It's been bliss and I urge others who are annoyed by this person's antics to perhaps do as I have done. He/she can disrespect me as much as they wish but I remind them that what I don't know or read doesn't hurt me. 😉

By blocking their posts I am never drawn into an argumentative slanging match which would detract from the experience of other forumers. Other people have a right to come here and not have to read me being drawn into an argument with somebody who is contrary to everything that I post.

Or called out for the lies you continue to tell. You can pretend you don’t read these but we all know you do or you wouldn’t be able to say who you were ignoring.

I asked you directly when you first starting drowning our forum in your posts if you had a vested interest and you said NO. I asked again and you said NO AGAIN.

Therefore everything you have then said from then is based on a lie because even a moron could see you have some very big vested interest in this deal and continue to promote it for your own nest or advantage.

That is my issue with you because you do not care about our club you care about yourself and your interest in this endeavour and hide behind the veil of caring about OUR club.

And you blocked me because I called out your obvious lie and agenda so SAY whatever you want about me but that is the truth and you know it.

Last edited:

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
The Western Bulldogs Ballarat battleground. A nice shot showing the Sports Club and view looking Southward over the ground. But the telling thing about this photo is what the ground presently lacks. The State Government did promise in the last election $6 million to build a new covered ticket booth and entrance gate to the Southeast (top left of the ground) and new permanent toilets nearby, and some improvement to permanent catering infrastructure. They also said that the money would provide more undercover seating (not sure how they'll manage all of that on $6 mil), but the Council I think are keener on the idea of immediately upgrading lighting to prevent the fiasco which occurred last July. Anyway, we will likely have to wait until the forthcoming State Budget for the money to provide what was promised. We'll wait and see ... ;)

nbsc-aerial-ground-web.jpg

Last edited:

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
Is this correct. Gold Home game membership (reserved seats at Marvel) and i have to pay another $40 to get a reserved seat at Ballarat.. our home game... no wonder nobody goes

Is this correct. Gold Home game membership (reserved seats at Marvel) and i have to pay another $40 to get a reserved seat at Ballarat.. our home game... no wonder nobody goes

We actually have nearing 20,000 reserved seat holders. Gold home membership alone which is level 2 at Marvel, has more members than the entire seating at the stadium.

There is zero ways the numbers stack up for playing home games in Ballarat, whether it be current members, potential members, sticky long term sponsors, due to among other things an appallingly low capacity.

It is not just that our members are choosing not to show up, they can't even if they want to.

Hopefully the money we get is amazingly good

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
We actually have nearing 20,000 reserved seat holders. Gold home membership alone which is level 2 at Marvel, has more members than the entire seating at the stadium.

There is zero ways the numbers stack up for playing home games in Ballarat, whether it be current members, potential members, sticky long term sponsors, due to among other things an appallingly low capacity.

It is not just that our members are choosing not to show up, they can't even if they want to.

Hopefully the money we get is amazingly good
I agree, although the deal this year for Bulldogs members to access the Ballarat games is somewhat better than what it has been in the previous two years. That said, I've said it once and I will say it again, the limited capacity of the ground artificially constrains the numbers and that is not acceptable for the members. While they will never build any AFL ground to be large enough to accommodate all of a club's members (because they would then have to build the MCG to at least 200,000 capacity for Collingwood v Richmond games) it is fair to say that at least Bulldogs and North Melbourne members are being spoiled in terms of their expectations at Marvel Stadium. In some ways our small club memberships of around 40,000 allow our clubs to pretty much guarantee all of our members who are likely to attend a game at Marvel a seat in their position of choice. And let's face it, some people are seriously territorial and tribal about their seats at Marvel, you can see Bulldogs and North fans turn up early to grab exactly the same seat every game. Most other clubs with possible exception of Melbourne and St Kilda don't get that.

I do believe that it is fair to say that Mars Stadium should be reasonably expanded ASAP in it's seating capacity to at least 10,000 and then they would not have to impose the bulls..t $40 membership premium to artificially constrain numbers attending games there. At the moment they are reserving around 3,500 of the available seats for Bulldogs members and the remainder for the opposing team's members ... and that's woeful :thumbsdown:. Keep in mind that general admission to Mars Stadium is nigh on impossible to get until usually the last hour before the ball is bounced on a game day.

Yes there needs to be pressure brought to bear upon the AFL and government to either expand the ground to meet spectator expectations forthwith or abandon it. Yes the AFL and government must get the message!

Fair call :thumbsu:

I agree, although the deal this year for Bulldogs members to access the Ballarat games is somewhat better than what it has been in the previous two years. That said, I've said it once and I will say it again, the limited capacity of the ground artificially constrains the numbers and that is not acceptable for the members. While they will never build any AFL ground to be large enough to accommodate all of a club's members (because they would then have to build the MCG to at least 200,000 capacity for Collingwood v Richmond games) it is fair to say that at least Bulldogs and North Melbourne members are being spoiled in terms of their expectations at Marvel Stadium. In some ways our small club memberships of around 40,000 allow our clubs to pretty much guarantee all of our members who are likely to attend a game at Marvel a seat in their position of choice. And let's face it, some people are seriously territorial and tribal about their seats at Marvel, you can see Bulldogs and North fans turn up early to grab exactly the same seat every game. Most other clubs with possible exception of Melbourne and St Kilda don't get that.

I do believe that it is fair to say that Mars Stadium should be reasonably expanded ASAP in it's seating capacity to at least 10,000 and then they would not have to impose the bulls..t $40 membership premium to artificially constrain numbers attending games there. At the moment they are reserving around 3,500 of the available seats for Bulldogs members and the remainder for the opposing team's members ... and that's woeful :thumbsdown:. Keep in mind that general admission to Mars Stadium is nigh on impossible to get until usually the last hour before the ball is bounced on a game day.

Yes there needs to be pressure brought to bear upon the AFL and government to either expand the ground to meet spectator expectations forthwith or abandon it. Yes the AFL and government must get the message!

Fair call :thumbsu:
Thanks for your reply Roogal and your updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back