Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - now voting on interchange!

Which four players make up the interchange of our "best 22?"

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe that's why I'm confused.

I didn't vote for Macrae as an on-baller because I planned to vote for him as a wingman but now find he's not an option for that position. Seems odd that a top 3 player in the B&F can't be selected for (arguably) his most suitable position. So do I leave him out? - that wouldn't be a true reflection of how I rate him. Do I vote for him as a forward? - that's not his role or strength. Maybe as an interchange? - doesn't truly reflect our best starting 18, but at least he gets a run!

Maybe I missed it somewhere but is there a breakdown of numbers proposed at each position? Is it 6 backs, 6 forwards, 3 on-ballers, 2 wings ... and 5 interchange?
Macrae isn't an option at wing because he has already been voted in as an on-baller. As such, you've been "out-voted" - Macrae can't appear as both a wing and an on-baller so you continue as if Macrae has been locked into your on-ball division (even if you disagree with that, that's the purpose of the vote - to establish the most common arrangement, and most people have Macrae on-ball). So you're not leaving Macrae out, you're just shuffling your best 22 to account for him being named elsewhere.

For example, I'd have had Macrae on the wing, McLean filling his spot on the ball, and Dale forward or on the bench. With Macrae getting voted into the on-ball category, I've moved Dale to a wing and will have McLean either forward or starting on the bench.

It's not a true reflection of your team of course, but no matter how we do it the result will be partially mediated by the method.

End of the day we have an alteration period at the end and if enough people request it we can do a vote on a re-shuffle that may get Macrae on a wing.

Macrae isn't an option at wing because he has already been voted in as an on-baller. As such, you've been "out-voted" - Macrae can't appear as both a wing and an on-baller so you continue as if Macrae has been locked into your on-ball division (even if you disagree with that, that's the purpose of the vote - to establish the most common arrangement, and most people have Macrae on-ball). So you're not leaving Macrae out, you're just shuffling your best 22 to account for him being named elsewhere.

For example, I'd have had Macrae on the wing, McLean filling his spot on the ball, and Dale forward or on the bench. With Macrae getting voted into the on-ball category, I've moved Dale to a wing and will have McLean either forward or starting on the bench.

It's not a true reflection of your team of course, but no matter how we do it the result will be partially mediated by the method.

End of the day we have an alteration period at the end and if enough people request it we can do a vote on a re-shuffle that may get Macrae on a wing.
OK, thanks. That's a good explanation. Makes sense now.

A bit over a day to go and there's a dogfight on for the second wing position, with six votes separating three players. The leading contenders are Bailey Dale (19 votes), Matt Suckling (16) and Toby McLean (13). Lachie Hunter (49) appears to have one position locked away safely.

Taking the first wing position is Lachie Hunter, with a commanding 58 votes.

For the second wing position, we have a tie: Matt Suckling and Bailey Dale both ended the voting period with 23 votes. Next in line were Toby McLean (14 votes), Caleb Daniel (7) and Bailey Williams (2).

We will now progress to a tiebreaker between the two tied parties. Please vote for either Suckling or Dale to join Hunter on the wing.

Suggest a consensus side starting at FF would be different. Might be worth another thread Dannnnnnn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suggest a consensus side starting at FF would be different. Might be worth another thread Dannnnnnn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the mods would have heart failure if I made them edit more polls. It’s unfortunately not as straightforward as it should be.

I don’t have a trademark on the concept though; if anyone wants to create another, go for it. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voting for Dale because I want him in the team and can't be certain he will be in the forward 6 the way voting is going, (which is where i personally would prefer him) but if our voting is to be wing, then he will serve us better on wing then suckers. The big left boot from 50+ is the only thing suckers has on dale, who may need wind assistance to get the journey.

Tough to know how to approach this - decided purely on who would be better as a wingman & went Suckling

Saying "I'd rather Dale than Suckling in the 22" is a bit of a non sequitur, as it's not the choice at hand. Dale may not be better than the other options given Suckling is in the 22 already, and my vote for Dale down the track doesn't mean he gets in

We finally have our wing partner to Lachie Hunter: Bailey Dale, who takes out a tense tiebreaker against Matt Suckling, 31 votes to 25.

We will now - finally - vote on the forwards. Please select six players once the new poll goes up.

I don't rate suckling much tbh, his defending is atrocious
I think his defending is ok (but there are better in the team), my issues with his game are that he is completely one sided and takes a fair while and needs a fair bit of space to execute his leg cannon. But he does possess a leg cannon, it is a weapon. You have to give him that.

Surely if Tom Boyd is seen as a back up ruck then he can
start on the bench leaving the KPF roles to Schache and
Redpath, seems a common sense approach and allows
for some heavy rotation through the key posts.

Tough one here.

I went with

HF: Dahlhaus - Schache - McLean
F: Picken - Boyd - Dickson

I like your thinking, I went:

HF: Dahlhaus - Schache - McLean
F: Picken - Cordy - Boyd

I think the Cordster offers mayhem on the forward line for our opposition. A quality not to be under-rated.

Back