Western Bulldogs defender Marcus Adams will be sidelined for the early part of the 2018 AFL season w

Remove this Banner Ad

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Given his horrible run with injuries in the first few years years of his career, I never really expected Easton Wood to do much.

History says I was totally and amazingly wrong!!
You would remember a player called Matthew Croft, too. Turned out a fantastic player, once he got over chronic hamstring issues that plagued him early in his career.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Given his horrible run with injuries in the first few years years of his career, I never really expected Easton Wood to do much.

History says I was totally and amazingly wrong!!
Yeah Williams was next level. Had a number of years he was only available for nil or few games. Plenty of players have issues for a few years before coming good. Others (ie Smith, Xavier Ellis, Max Bailey) always have issues but pull it together long enough to be key players.

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah Williams was next level. Had a number of years he was only available for nil or few games. Plenty of players have issues for a few years before coming good. Others (ie Smith, Xavier Ellis, Max Bailey) always have issues but pull it together long enough to be key players.
David Shwartz another one. Won a best and fairest after 3 knee reconstructions.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
If we keep getting injuries with the frequency like the last two years then whoever is writing up these training loads either gets the sack or needs to change what they are doing

So frustrating when you look at the likes of Port and Richmond who always seem to get their best players on the field every week.

Beasley

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2005
Full Forward
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Would like to see Collins given an opportunity here. He’s been on the list for a few years now and the coach8ng panel must has some faith in him otherwise he would have been delisted by now.

Maybe this is his opportunity .

Glenn Barclay

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
i would love to play Trengove down back but it we would probably be Young.
but it wouldn't surprise me if we replace Adams with a 5'10'' player that has a has a big leap though.
don't worry he will never get out bodied

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It seems he misses half a season every year. We need to persist. It’s not a chronic injury. Wood, Dickson and Smith have missed long stretches and all came back to be important planks in the flag.
Very good point mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricky_Lake

Team Captain
Mar 19, 2008
western suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
lets just hope he doesn't do what the flog Higgins did after we propped him up through his injuries and do the Harold Holt.
I have the same view as others and i think we be silly to get rid of him, still very young.

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Last October Marcus caught the same flight as me back to Melbourne. He tripped over a lady's bag at the conveyor belt. This was always going to happen. Ugh.

If we didn't have the VU sports science links he would never have done much, either. Easton basically re-learned to run again from scratch as his technique was broken down into minute detail, spent an entire pre-season on a heavily modified program.

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I don't rate Adams as highly as many on here do and as such am not too worried about his absence . Do feel bad about his horrible luck though. Hope he gets a chance to prove me wrong .

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
lets just hope he doesn't do what the flog Higgins did after we propped him up through his injuries and do the Harold Holt.
I have the same view as others and i think we be silly to get rid of him, still very young.
I’m still glad he’s gone. Still shits himself when the heat is on! Also still missing too many goals, nothing’s changed. I’d stand out in that s**t side!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back