Club Focus Western Bulldogs 2020 - Hannan, Martin, Treloar, Ugle-Hagan, Bedendo

AFL Club Focus

What should the Western Bulldogs prioritise this off-season?

• Getting more draft points to match a bid for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Getting an early pick before a bid comes for JUH

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Managing the age profile

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Managing the salary cap

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs club focus thread
Yes. The only limitation on that this year (other than the usual ones about future picks) is that you can’t trade a pick back to the club you got it from.
That seems like a doable and profitable idea for us then

That seems like a doable and profitable idea for us then
It’s what Sydney did a couple of years ago when live trading first came in, before they limited the number of picks you could take into the draft. They’re pretty crafty that mob, first to use the loophole haha

So your view is that no club should bid on him? We shouldn't at 1, should Roos at 2? Your view is what I'd expect of a child.
Nice response, I don't like your response, so its the view of a child, that tells people more about your mentality more id say.

I think the most interesting comment out of that interview was the fact that Thilthorpe sounds like he has serious OP.

Likely to throw some curveballs on draft night imo.

Yep. I think he slides down the order, but not so far that he slides past Essendon, but then again do the Bombers really want another KPP with OP issues?

So if Adelaide bid JUH pick 1 then all these pick gone, including 54 ? No wonder Bulldog fan don't think he is no 1 pick , if i am Bulldog fan I'll do the same ..;)

So if Adelaide bid JUH pick 1 then all these pick gone, including 54 ? No wonder Bulldog fan don't think he is no 1 pick , if i am Bulldog fan I'll do the same ..;)
We can trade out more picks for points

JUH clearly the best player in the draft according to everyone, except a few Dogs fans talking him down, and if it wasn't for the dodgy flawed rort that is the NGAs, JUH would be coming to the Crows.

We're bidding for sure, we always have before and no need to stop now, expose the NGAs for what they are, a VFL rort. We'll bid on Jones as well if he's still there at pick 11 although Dodoro is likely to do that job for us.

JUH clearly the best player in the draft according to everyone, except a few Dogs fans talking him down, and if it wasn't for the dodgy flawed rort that is the NGAs, JUH would be coming to the Crows.

We're bidding for sure, we always have before and no need to stop now, expose the NGAs for what they are, a VFL rort. We'll bid on Jones as well if he's still there at pick 11 although Dodoro is likely to do that job for us.
Can we get rid of these salty crows fans, firstly if you bid we can live trade 26 out for someone else's future 2nd rounder plus trade pick 33 for two later picks to increase points value (can do this with 41 and 42 also) then match the bid and trade what was our original 26 back to this year through a third club which could make it maybe something around pick 30, so I'm happy to get bid at pick one to get the number one player in the draft, you should be hoping from more from your club than just a bid on a player your not getting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most people think the draft won't go much past pick 50 so we'll be drafting players at the end of the draft either way.
Yep. This is true. You have enough points already to avoid a significant deficit with a bid at pick 1. Trade down further and you won't have one at all. Whether the bid comes at 1,2 or 3 will make little difference. Your next pick will be at or close to the end of the draft regardless.

"The massive stand-off between the clubs is not Treloar's problem – he will receive the full amount owed to him – but it is looming as a significant total player payments issue for the Bulldogs."

Dogs, Pies in messy stand-off over Treloar's $4.5m deal
Just pies trying to back out of the deal over the 300k a year. I think AFL will come in and push pies to do what was originally agreed upon.

I don't think Adelaide will bid on JUH. They want to be able to say they got the best player in the draft, not the second best. It will be 2 or 3 I think.

Back